Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Maybe it's just me but I want to see a MIB that isn't a comedy? MIB can def be turned into something dark/scary.

i had participated in a study about this. are they still tryna force feed a female hero in this?
Its only forcefeeding if the story isn't good cuz of how the female lead is positioned in the plot. That comes down to writing and directing.

Nothing about MiB other than the title makes it so it should only be men especially when its had female agents from the jump.

Besides seems like another comedy take so not that serious.

also they trying to make the two leads be romantic. save that **** for a romcom

no will smith no cop!

^that’s ridiculous. MiB3 is perfect as it is.

Edit: read the article. It’s not a reboot but a spin-off. Might be okay. The whole MiB concept is good fun.

I’m really looking forward to this Highlander reboot though. I love the story but the originals were done poorly - especially the sequels.

https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2018/03/highlander-reboot-moving-forward-following-script-rewrite/

It's one of those franchises where the concept keeps me interested, but the execution sucks and it's actually boring as crap.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/02/...posters-oscars.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

merlin_134418533_a3f2d747-aa59-4ba1-92e6-4376f85587eb-master1050.jpg

merlin_134668280_91eefcf7-2cfe-4b6e-bd78-6841a1960981-master1050.jpg

merlin_134425316_142f71ac-97d3-4e48-999b-cbb9de769571-master1050.jpg

merlin_134668241_fa10fe3c-8432-4c39-8a51-f4edca4871dd-master1050.jpg

Death Wish 2.75/8 - I didn't know it was directed by Eli Roth or that Vincent D'Onofrio was in it but that doesn't make it better. I was pretty uncomfortable watching it and I think the whole movie is in poor taste. The "white savior in a hoodie" doesn't work for me and I couldn't wait for it to end. I know it's a bit dramatic to even have expectations for something like this and I definitely don't take any of it seriously. But people in my theater clapped during the Ice Cream Man scene and laughed really hard other times at very problematic scenarios. I haven't seen the original Death Wish but I've heard they're very different films so I'll probably check it out but this Bruce Willis version sucks.

The Vault 1.5/8 - Terrible. The plot makes no sense. The characters are all lame. James Franco sleep walking through the whole thing.

I did not notice how big her **** were in past trailers.

All I recall is that its about this very sick sheltered girl or thats what she was told.

Doesn't look good to me.

I'm now noticing thats the same chick trying to get attention for claiming she stopped pursuing a role in BP cuz she was too lightskin.
Death Wish 2.75/8 - I didn't know it was directed by Eli Roth or that Vincent D'Onofrio was in it but that doesn't make it better. I was pretty uncomfortable watching it and I think the whole movie is in poor taste. The "white savior in a hoodie" doesn't work for me and I couldn't wait for it to end. I know it's a bit dramatic to even have expectations for something like this and I definitely don't take any of it seriously. But people in my theater clapped during the Ice Cream Man scene and laughed really hard other times at very problematic scenarios. I haven't seen the original Death Wish but I've heard they're very different films so I'll probably check it out but this Bruce Willis version sucks.
OG Death Wish is far superior and is way more about the psychological trauma on a man that has lost his family in a much more horrific way in a pretty corrupt and ruthless time in NYC.

My audience seemed to be more shocked. No applauding the klillings. Caught off guard at how calmly this dude took to killing. Willis performance wasn't convincing.

Last edited:

Oh yeah definitely :lol:

That's the first thing I noticed when I saw him as the security guard cuz I havent seen dude in anything else since The Wood.

Made me wonder which character from The Wood that bully's father was that he said he came up with when he checked him. I bet its dude he made change seats in the car.

I did not notice how big her **** were in past trailers.

All I recall is that its about this very sick sheltered girl or thats what she was told.

Doesn't look good to me.

I'm now noticing thats the same chick trying to get attention for claiming she stopped pursuing a role in BP cuz she was too lightskin.

Lil Rue is growing up

Back
Top Bottom