Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Tulip Fever 4.6/8

Nice to watch my girl Alicia have sex again but this story was too ridiculous and yet predictable to be good. Especially the backdrop of the tulip market playing in to this :lol:

Looked good though. Costume design and the whole production. Waltz coasted.

Lady Macbeth 5.2/8

A little better than what I just saw. Florence Hugh came off very sexy in this. Man these Englishwoman are some evil wenches. Went from schemes to taken your death and pawn off a baby to Lady Macbeth just outright killing dudes left and right all sorts of ways.

Some good acting but a pretty straightforward story. Messed up what they did to that maid Anna :smh:

tumblr_p52l4gldrB1rrkahjo1_400.gif

tumblr_p52l4gldrB1rrkahjo4_400.gif

The Witch was :pimp:

GoT was represented in the film.

Lady who breastfed vinny del negro lookin breastfeeds in this film again :lol:

Shape of Water cleaning house, as it should have. I thought Denkins should have won supporting though.

Big Sick was pretty good. The scene where Holly Hunter addressed the "go back to ISIS" frat boy heckler had me crying. Her performance overall was fantastic.

A few of those Pakistani women his mom tried to set him up with were :evil:

Shape of Water cleaning house, as it should have. I thought Denkins should have won supporting though.
I've been BIG on The Shape of Water. It deserves everything its won. Glad GET OUT took home best original screenplay. Anyone actually watch the Oscars? I heard it was more of the same and Kimmel wasn't good.

this was a good *** movie!!!

so was this

people just wrote them off because they started Megan Fox and Paris Hilton
House of Wax was a more than solid remake.
I enjoyed House of Wax, my man Lucas from OTH was in there too.

PAris Hilton's lil butt was looking cute in those boy shorts too

There are some movies, I consider or assume to be what I like to call schlock. Movies not really worth seeing at the theater imo. Not movies I think ill hate but don't check many of my boxes for something I desire to see. I'd prefer to see them in the comfort of my home with not much effort to watch.

I felt that way about Jumanji early on until it got good reviews and even then I caught the HD bootleg rip at home.

I felt that way about Murder on the Orient Express but it checked a few actor boxes and I needed to activate my moviepass card.

Hell, I'd even consider Proud Mary and this Death Wish remake to be that but I saw priority movies ahead of time or had time to waste to also catch those so I watched. Moviepass has changed my movie viewing habits a bit.

In the end, I didn't hate those movies and at least enjoyed parts of all of them. Didn't leave thinking I wasted my time. Funny enough, that's how I felt after seeing Shape of Water and I caught that at home first :smh: :lol:

So I'm gonna see Thoroughbreds this week and I may just catch A Wrinkle in Time. I can cuz I basically got a free ticket and some time but I'm like eh should I? Is the book that good? Trailers don't look all that compelling.

I'll probably end up seeing it but damn I'm just reflecting on how **** has changed up for me in that regard.

Billy Crudup’s character in Alien: Covenant has to be one of the dumbest characters in movie history

Danny McBride’s wife’s idiotic actions and death was wearing thin on me but once Billy Crudup started following David around, I was officially out of staying in this movie

The twist the end was highly predictable too

What was the point of James Franco in this film? I though he’d at least die in a cool way but smh

Ridley has lost it with this franchise.

Like he couldn't even establish and flesh out Crudup's character was religious and how he approaches this mission and situation. Just some throwaway lines.

Movie was painful at parts.

Shannon defiantly partakes in the herb. Only a true stoner dresses like that. :lol:

The Martian was ok. Outside of that Ridley Scottt seems to have lost his touch...

Finally seeing Black Panther this Friday. Anyone been to an Alamo Drafthouse Cinema theater? $35 for two tix :sick: plus we'll likely be eating dinner, dine-in service.

Wanted to check the theater out tho, but won't be going there often. Rather the AMC not too far from there at $8.50 a ticket (through my ladies work benefit program).

We Need to talk about Kevin :sick:

Probably one of the most uncomfortable movies I've ever watched. Tilda Swinton and the dude Ezra killed it though.

Back
Top Bottom