Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I hear A Wrinkle In Time is just a hard book to adapt to a movie.

Will watch Gringo this weekend, and if time permits might check out A Wrinkle or Strangers: Prey At Night.

In the end, this movie wasn't for me or my cup of tea.

A Wrinkle in Time 4.8/8

The visuals were really good. Sound as well.

Story was just not interesting or engaging to me. Didn't even try to throw some pseudo sci-fi at me. Glossed over any explanations.

This was your typical love defeats evil story. Nothing new to me.

Acting was nothing to comment on given how weird the characters were.

The one boy that tags along was pretty creepy to me. Like I dont know if they wanted to right some flirting/romance but then backed off. Some of his compliments were just weird. I mean they're young teens in this I assume, like 13.

Anyway, hopefully Ava actually directs a good movie with her next project.

Watching Thoroughbreds now.

Last edited:
Thoroughbreds 5.5/8

Wasn't as deep or wild as I thought it would be and get but still enjoyable.

Anton Yelchin was solid. Crazy seeing him this far removed from his death.

I knew not to trust that chick ever since seeing Morgan. Instinct panned through again. The real threat.

Olivia Cooke was really good playing a sociopath just wish they went deeper and further with it.

In the end, story was pretty straightforward.

Watching Gringo now.

Gringo 5.2/8

It was okay. Not really a comedy but just a wild journey with guns and drugs in Mexico.

Not much to critique here other than they had Thandie bae looking fat but she was still fine.

The subplot with Amanda Seyfried's character and her bf seemed pretty weak.

If anything else the story honestly wasn't good enough to make use of all these actors; Charlize, Joel (but I think his bro directed so I see why he's in it), Thandie, Seyfried, and Oyelowo.

They all did their thing. The movie was fun but nothing amazing or noteworthy.

Now I'm off to get some yambs.

I want to be like you Master Zik.
:lol:

He such a great actor even in Tequila Sunrise... I loved the camaraderie he had with Gibson in the flick... RIP...

I know it looks like a long form Armani commercial but I like Hannibal. Always seem to watch it whenever it hits cable. Also I like seeing Giancarlo Giannini in flicks...

I originally was only gonna see the 2 but as I stepped out of Thoroughbred around 5 everything seemed to be in sync.

I said why not catch Gringo.

And technically if I wanted to see it I could've caught a 4th movie but I don't care to see Peter Rabbit and Black Panther's next showing was too late.

Last edited:
what was the point of the black family in Suburbicon? It totally amounted nothing. The commotion surrounding the family only served as a cover for 1 scene in the movie. **** was stupid

Must be hitting up that theater in downtown Brooklyn with multiple floors and no reservations.
:lol:

They're all like that :lol: Regal downtown, Regal union square, Regal in sheepsheadbay, Amc in union square, AMC in the village, AMC in kips bay, etc.

Just walk with purpose.

Hell even in reserved seated theater if it ain't sold out there'll be an empty seat for you :lol:

what was the point of the black family in Suburbicon? It totally amounted nothing. The commotion surrounding the family only served as a cover for 1 scene in the movie. **** was stupid
I forget where and who said it, not Clooney but some writer basically added that subplot to the script.

I guess its to get a fuller picture of the times it was set in despite it being irrelevant to the main plot.

Also, I've been noticing that a lot lately with recent movies. Its like they need a reason to not make their movie all white and need to cast black ppl so they write it in to the story.

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to watch the latest Star Wars movie and I’ve gotta say the acting in it was ridiculous. Script just wasn’t good at all

Although i will say it was in deed enjoyable to watch..it is what it is.

Finally got a chance to watch the latest Star Wars movie and I’ve gotta say the acting in it was ridiculous. Script just wasn’t good at all

Same way I felt. I was thoroughly entertained but the acting was pretty bad. Then I remembered the acting in the originals was pretty weak save for Harrison Ford. Then the prequels......yeah. They just made the Jedi seem so lame when that's really supposed to be the coolest part of the Star Wars universe.

i agree with everything you said except for the part where you say it was enjoyable to watch

My Cousin Rachel 5.7/8

A little slow to start while establishing the plot and it drags on the middle.

This should be called The Simping Fool. Such an idiot. Especially by the end dude basically becomes twice the fool.

Rachel is as sexy and desirable as ever and this dude Sam Claflin who could pass as Henry Cavill's little brother played the part expertly though. A true British simp.

Cinematography was great. Just beautiful visuals.

Same way I felt. I was thoroughly entertained but the acting was pretty bad. Then I remembered the acting in the originals was pretty weak save for Harrison Ford. Then the prequels......yeah. They just made the Jedi seem so lame when that's really supposed to be the coolest part of the Star Wars universe.
Yeah subpar acting has been a constant. Just depends on how enjoyable the film is overall.

i dont know if theres a general tv thread but the looming tower on hulu is really good

its about how conflict between the cia and fbi led to 9/11

Back
Top Bottom