Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Ava DuVernay on Meg Murry’s Hair Journey in A Wrinkle in Time

12-a-wrinkle-in-time-1.w710.h473.jpg

These are among the messages that DuVernay wanted to pack into her film, which is entering theaters just as Black Panther, the superhero movie directed by DuVernay’s friend Ryan Coogler, also charts new frontiers of screen representation. For DuVernay, who based Meg’s look on her niece Molly, one of the most crucial relationships in A Wrinkle in Time is the budding rapport between Meg and her white classmate Calvin (Levi Miller), who twice compliments Meg’s natural curls. “The fact that this Caucasian boy says to her, ‘I like that’? That’s so big for a girl of color!” said DuVernay. “And it’s big for Caucasian boys to be able to feel that’s beautiful, too.”

http://www.vulture.com/2018/03/ava-duvernay-on-megs-natural-hair-in-a-wrinkle-in-time.html

Still not sure if these are lists of who you tryna bang or just favorite females actresses :lol:.

Natalie Portman (forever)
Charlize
Amy Adams (seemingly always great performances)
Marion Cotillard
Helen McCrory (Kills Peaky :pimp:)

Still not sure if these are lists of who you tryna bang or just favorite females actresses :lol:.

Natalie Portman (forever)
Charlize
Amy Adams (seemingly always great performances)
Marion Cotillard
Helen McCrory (Kills Peaky :pimp:)
My favorite actresses are just coincidentally the ones I most want to bang. Win/win :pimp:

Leap 6.1/8

Solid animated flick. It starts out looking like an extreme poor mans Pixar film. Actually starts getting good pretty quick.

Good humor, pretty straightforward. Would recommend for the fam or a loved one

Watched Juno for the first time. Ellen Page was somehow insufferable and likable at the same time. Maybe that's what they were going for? She had a sort of Mary Stuart Masterson thing going on. She was just doing a little too much as far as the one liners go.

Bateman and JK were great.

Watched Juno for the first time. Ellen Page was somehow insufferable and likable at the same time. Maybe that's what they were going for? She had a sort of Mary Stuart Masterson thing going on. She was just doing a little too much as far as the one liners go.

Bateman and JK were great.

The turn of making Bateman likable to unlikable and Garner from unlikable to likable was really well done.

Tomb Raider with mixed reviews.
A video game movie so I ain't expect it to be good. I expect average.
The latter has a 12% on RT.
Sheeeeeiiiiitt

I was in for Rosamund, Brühl, and Marsan.

Damn how can you make a plane hijacking movie bad? Especially based on a real event. Even Non-stop has 59% on RT (1% away from fresh :lol:)

My possible 3rd flick was Dear Dictator or The Death of Stalin

Last edited:
Just watched Revolution Road last night. Two of the best acting performances I've ever seen outta Leo and Winslet. Story had some damn hard truths in it. Didn't care for the way it ended but liked it overall.

6.4/8

Anyone remember the name of that Thriller movie that Kev was telling everyone to watch in this thread a few years ago? I remember watching it, but can't remember the damn name for anything. It was like a weird *** thriller movie on a ship

Anyone remember the name of that Thriller movie that Kev was telling everyone to watch in this thread a few years ago? I remember watching it, but can't remember the damn name for anything. It was like a weird *** thriller movie on a ship
You talking about the Triangle?

With sexy *** Melissa George?

Watched Blue Ruin and I Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore. Enjoyed both very much. Sticking with Macon Blair, been looking for "Green Room." Anyone see it? I think it's from 2015.

Back
Top Bottom