Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Just watched this...
1714A24D-850B-45E1-812E-337B07849A28.jpeg
:sick:
How was it?

Watched two movies over the weekend...

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - 6/8

VERY good movie. Tough subject matter, but the director did a good job interjecting some good comedic lines to break up the seriousness of the overall plot. Frances McDormand stole the show. I read a good theory about the ending...

Dixon overheard the two guys talking about "something" at the bar. Obviously, the DNA didn't match, but he was convinced that one of the guys played a part in some sort of crime. Go back to when the priest was visiting Mildred's home....Mildred punctuated her talk with the priest by saying that you can 100% be guilty by association (when she was talking about the arrests of bloods/crips in LA.) Tie that back in to the man at the bar talking about doing some sort of crime...while he may not have done it, he was most likely "there" when something terrible popped off.

The Outsider - 3.9/8

This was a Netflix movie starring Jared Leto as he becomes part of the Yakuza in Japan. The movie, to me, felt rushed. It would have been much better as a mini-series. I think if it was, the overall idea would be executed better. It's an entertaining watch, but it's completely mindless.

Leto looked weirdly anorexic & androgynous to be Yakuza like that... Interesting watch doe...

Last edited:
Outsider was a movie not a series?

Yeah...I thought it was a series...geared up to watch (what I thought) was season 1, only to find out that it was a 2-hour movie.

*Leto looked EXACTLY like his joker character from SS.

Weekend Two Piece

Red Sparrow 5/8 - I can see a lot of people hating this flick from the few trashy scenes early in the movie. They're pretty unnecessary and don't really grow the character throughout the rest of the plot. Overall I thought it was a decent spy/special agent thriller. I didn't see the twist coming at all so that was dope. Worth checking out for MoviePass owners or matinee but not worth spending full price.

Ferdinand 3/8 - I had my niece and nephew last night and we watched this. They didn't laugh once. It was hard to keep them engaged. I feel like an animated movie with animals is almost always just okay but this one was pretty bad there's no really great songs or funny scenarios outside of the bull in the China shop bit. With Coco being so amazing no wonder this one took a back seat. Shout out to Peyton Manning though I was surprised to hear him voicing a character.

No, Red Sparrow is Black Widow's origin story for Marvel but they didn't trust Scarlet Johanson's acting skills

Yooooo I'm about 45 minutes into Valerian and it's LIT!!!! I don't remember what the knock on this movie was, but it's def a Fifth Element on steroids so far.

Edit** of course!!! Luc Besson. It all makes sense now!!!

I liked Valerian. very enjoyable. also for the small critical movie goer/thinker thing that its first trailer was exactly what a trailer was supposed to be. don't give away any plot points, the big twist, or ruin any of the forthcoming experience like 95% of trailers are these days.

Wow....

WOW

SOMEBODY REMADE CABIN FEVER.

i know im late but im just now actually watching it and i cant believe somebody really did this. They just copy and pasted all the stuff from the OG. BUT Everythings better in the OG.

This is really bizarre. Zero originality. Zero improvements.
I like the OG Cabin Fever btw.

valerian might qualify as a guilty pleasure for me. on paper it’s not a good movie. dialogue is pretty corny. it’s very avatarish without the magic. those damn replicator creatures are ridiculously portrayed. despite all that, i enjoyed it for some reason :lol:

Last edited:
The Outsider 3.75/8 - It was a little rushed and unrealistic in my opinion. I don't think it was trash but its definitely not very good. Jared Leto was too robotic and I was more interested in the rival family takeovers than the tacked on love story. Some gruesome violence though...

Wow....

WOW

SOMEBODY REMADE CABIN FEVER.

i know im late but im just now actually watching it and i cant believe somebody really did this. They just copy and pasted all the stuff from the OG. BUT Everythings better in the OG.

This is really bizarre. Zero originality. Zero improvements.
I like the OG Cabin Fever btw.

No Cerina Vincent = no watch

Back
Top Bottom