Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I watched Mystery Men last night.

It's a film I probably would've enjoyed as 13-year old in 1999 when the film was released, but as a 32-year old, not so much.

Some of the jokes are clever and the premise is good, but I feel like it's missing something.

Ben Stiller was just being Ben Stiller for two hours and Wes Studi as the Sphinx was great.

Sicario: Day of the Soldado 5.5/8 - Expected maybe too much. The ending was whatever. Entertaining but not as good as the first.

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 5/8 - Dinosaurs eating people will never get old. Chris Pratt kind of sleep walked through this one. Another billion dollar flick I'm sure...

Just watched Gotti on Kodi. Movie was straight trash.
UntimelySorrowfulHerald-size_restricted.gif

Oh my god......

Oh. My. God :rofl:

The First Purge is the worst movie I've seen in the past couple years. Me and my homies were DYING of laughter, because of the blatant BULLS....T they do in this movie.

This movie straight up gives a middle finger to your intelligence and doesn't give af :lol:

Just watched Gotti on Kodi. Movie was straight trash.

I watched it the other night also. No doubt the worst film I have EVER seen. If I saw a full copy of Entourage's version of Medellin, I would probably enjoy it more.

Just everything about Gotti was BRUTAL.

That guy must be trolling with The Mask news. Speaking of, I always thought Cameron Diaz looked her best in that movie and slowly declined thereafter lol.

Havent heard Mystery Men referenced in years, i watched part of it when it came on TV a while back and just couldn't finish it.

I thought the First Purge was ok for what it was. Decent action and entertaining enough, 5/8

New Jurassic World was a chore to get through at times, weak story and had its share of dull periods. 4/8.

Watched Tag last night. Had its moments, 5/8 is fair. Hannibal Buress easily has the best one-liners. Isla was pretty funny also.

That guy must be trolling with The Mask news. Speaking of, I always thought Cameron Diaz looked her best in that movie and slowly declined thereafter lol.

If my memory serves me right, she was my second crush as a kid. First was obviously Kimberly (Pink Power Ranger). Diaz was badddddd in The Mask.

caught up from early season 1 and now i'm on season 2, episode 4 of the handmaids tale. lead actress is amazing in this show but the writers come up with some exceptionally cruel interactions. i wonder if this show would be as much of a hit under a different set of circumstances (not under the trump administration).

About 7 or 8 eps in but I’ve been really enjoying Luke Cage 2... what they did with Bushmaster has been great. And lost, thank you for blessing me with Simone Missick as Misty Knight....

Last edited:
Ant-Man & the Wasp 6/8

This was a lot of fun. Had the jokes, action, cool shrinking uses, and story to keep me entertained.

Sorry to Bother You 6.5/8

This was really good. Dug all of the topics being covered and tackled.

Like it was really funny. I liked how they went from the cliche and uncomfortable white guy asking the black guy to rap cuz all black guys musy rap to completely leaning in to it with that sellout ***** song.

Then Lakeith and Jermaine squaring off :rofl: Tell me how you really feel! You got something to say then say it..... You smell good. You smell better. What is that? Some new cologne? Versace? What you wearing? That's deodorant :rofl:

The whole trying to do for self, not betray the movement cuz you on the come up, being a scab, the racism, slave like labor system, betraying yourself to rise up the corporate ladder

But then this movie got ****ing insane and stayed that way. On some all the way other ****. Some South Park level type weird unexpected **** just to take it there and stress that message.

Like really ****ing crazy.

Last edited:
Terminal 3/8 - I don't even know how this movie exists. Margot Robbie, Simon Pegg, and Mike Myers? Ridiculous.

Gotti 2/8 - The most uninteresting biopic? I've ever seen. The acting is terrible. The pacing is terrible. I feel like I heard a Mickey Avalon song... or I was having a stroke.

watched like 10 minutes of the terminal and deleted it.

watched episode 1 of future man. seemed kinda funny. anyone else watched it yet? worth finishing?

Leave No Trace 6.6/8

This was a real heartfelt father-daughter story about family, mental illness, a little about how vets are treated in this country and their posts and other mental issues, growing up in a more serious way, and knowing when its time for a change with family and moving on

Ben Foster was really good. Its a very quiet movie so dude shines easily in most scenes especially the more emotional ones and assertive moments.

I heard a lot of praise for the girl playing the daughter and its deserved. Tom was pretty much a teenage girl who didnt want to lose her only family but knew something had to be different for her to live a healthy full life.

On the surface level, its crazy white guy forces daughter to live in wilderness but obviously its much deeper than that.

My only slight criticism is the movie had Its emotional ups and downs but remained sweet. Never did it show the character Tom how ****ing dark humanity can get especially if she's on her own.

Last edited:
Leave No Trace 6.6/8

Ben Foster was really good. Its a see quiet movie so dude shines easily in most scenes especially the more emotional onea and assertive moments.
He can really make you feel a scene.
I will never forget his eyes in Alpha Dog.
That scene where he Karate Kicks dude at the party after doing a Kick up....dude is intense.....Big fan..I wish he had more films with bigger roles.

Back
Top Bottom