Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

finally a release date :pimp:

recents:

hbo robin doc 6/8

very insightful although i wish they spent a little more time on his drama work later in his career

a dark song 6.5/8

Check out “A Dark Song” on Netflix
https://www.netflix.com/title/80185919?s=i&trkid=13752289

been meaning to watch this for a minute and finally did

if u like slow burners this is a must see

i read afterwards that the ritual they did in it is a real one aleister crowley attempted and all the occultist stuff here is exhaustingly accurate

the ending is divisive but it worked imo

unpredictable and terrifying/8

true detective s1(rewatch) 7.75/8

still feel it wraps up a bit too neatly but still so potent

that crash/bikergang/projects ep whew boy

td s2 5.5/8

this feels tropey and inessential compared to s1 but as it went on i enjoyed it more

some of the dialogue is god awful tho

finally a release date :pimp:

recents:

hbo robin doc 6/8

very insightful although i wish they spent a little more time on his drama work later in his career

a dark song 6.5/8

true detective s1(rewatch) 7.75/8

still feel it wraps up a bit too neatly but still so potent

that crash/bikergang/projects ep whew boy

td s2 5.5/8

this feels tropey and inessential compared to s1 but as it went on i enjoyed it more

some of the dialogue is god awful tho

Broooo just you mentioning that biker gang episode made me wanna rewatch the whole series of True Detective. I’m on episode 2 right now :lol:

Top 5 in no order:

Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Season 1 True Detective
Band of Brothers
The Sopranos

Broooo just you mentioning that biker gang episode made me wanna rewatch the whole series of True Detective. I’m on episode 2 right now :lol:

Top 5 in no order:

Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Season 1 True Detective
Band of Brothers
The Sopranos

Doing my first full Sopranos rewatch in almost ten years. Made it through season 2 so far. Unquestioned GOAT for me.

Blindspotting 7.5/8

So good. SO GOOD!

This right here got me feeling good overall about this year of movies. Especially this summer. I can't recall seeing this many quality flicks almost month to month in theaters. Like Black Panther really set the tone for the whole year. Making me feel like Get Out came out this year too. Just one continuing multi-layered theme for me

Diggs and Casal were great in this. Touched on so many things.

I felt this was good 2/3rds in to this. I was already satisfied and entertained with the humor, topics covered, depth, relatability but then that final scene!

SON WAS SPITTING BARS OF TRUTH! Like you know it wasnt over after his probation was up and **** kept haunting him. It was nice way to get closure by happenstance and coincidence.

And I came in expecting 2 hrs but they managed to fit so much in to like 97 min or w/e. Paced itself well. Never was preachy, never was forced or corny.

Will mos def watch again.

You pretty much took the words out of my mouth. I just watched this earlier today and was surprised. Better than the trailers and the trailer didn't give too much out as well.
~Lefty

I want to rep this more than once.

Not only could he expand the universe of Firefly but some studio would throw him a bag to make a Firefly movie now.
I'd kill for more Firefly or a Serenity sequel but nope we're getting a Buffy reboot, not a spin-off. I'd love for them to keep going from where they left off but after the comics, would they want to? :smh:

not feeling that godzilla trailer.

baby driver - 7.5/8. overall great movie. lily james :evil:

mother - wait wut / 8.

Interesting Robin Williams story from Ethan Hawke.

Cool story from Costner about Dances With Wolves. I actually got to "usher" the writer Michael Blakes around my High School not long after the release of the movie. Found out he was good friends with John Doe & Exene Cervenka of LA punk band X so we ended up talking alot about various bands from X, to the Germs, Velvet Underground, The Stooges. Really cool guy.

Last edited:

Top 5 in no order:

Game of Thrones
Breaking Bad
Season 1 True Detective
Band of Brothers
The Sopranos

haha i feel you man

that ep gets me so hype

Watched two movies this weekend...before I get to what they were, I gotta defend one of the choices.

I RARELY make it to the actual theaters. So I usually just look to see what's playing and add those movies to my Netflix queue, out of sight, out of mind. Our queue is a good mix of movies that I enjoy, my wife enjoys, and movies that we'd BOTH enjoy.

First movie that came in the mail was....

The Mountain Between Us...I'm not even going to score it, but just give a .gif to sum it up.

giphy.gif

Second movie...

I, Tonya - 7.8/8

EASILY the best movie I've seen this year. There are some hard to watch scenes between Gilooly and Harding where dude just snaps for no reason. I mean, Harding comes off as a VERY sympathetic figure in the film. Her life sucks. Everything about it. That being said, the movie did a masterful job of intertwining some comedy, mixed with the serious nature of the relationships fostered between Tonya and Gilooly/Tonya and her mom. Margot Robbie blew my mind with how convincing she was. Shoot, even all the side characters were spot-on. I loved EVERYTHING about this movie.

recents:

hbo robin doc 6/8

I was hoping for the same. Would have made it that much more enjoyable (for lack of a better word) of a watch for me.

Flower 4/8 - I knew nothing about this going in. There were some laughs but the lack of an original plot or interesting characters hurts it.

I only used my moviepass once this month...:smh:

Gonna try to knock out Wont You Be My Neighbor, Eighth Grade, Sorry To Bother You, and Leave No Trace this next week :lol:

I'm gonna probably post this in the comic movie thread but is this THE shazam that's gonna be in JL as well?:sick:

Like the whole dark vibe then this happy go lucky wayy too cliche superhero with super slick hair and everything?

Watched two movies this weekend...before I get to what they were, I gotta defend one of the choices.

I RARELY make it to the actual theaters. So I usually just look to see what's playing and add those movies to my Netflix queue, out of sight, out of mind. Our queue is a good mix of movies that I enjoy, my wife enjoys, and movies that we'd BOTH enjoy.

First movie that came in the mail was....

The Mountain Between Us...I'm not even going to score it, but just give a .gif to sum it up.

giphy.gif

Second movie...

I, Tonya - 7.8/8

EASILY the best movie I've seen this year. There are some hard to watch scenes between Gilooly and Harding where dude just snaps for no reason. I mean, Harding comes off as a VERY sympathetic figure in the film. Her life sucks. Everything about it. That being said, the movie did a masterful job of intertwining some comedy, mixed with the serious nature of the relationships fostered between Tonya and Gilooly/Tonya and her mom. Margot Robbie blew my mind with how convincing she was. Shoot, even all the side characters were spot-on. I loved EVERYTHING about this movie.

i, tonya was great. was entertained. so much disfunction in her life.

Back
Top Bottom