Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Agreed on Succession's brilliance & its perfect cast. Binged watched the show a couple weeks and instantly became hooked.

Easily my favorite show at the moment. Brian Cox as Logan Roy deserves some sort of trophy come award season.
Yea he Walter White's that **** man.
They do a much better job of showing the "human and normal"side of the filthy Rich, making every character relatable as they keep us watching vicariously, something I think Billions really fails at.
....and they serve Ortolan in Season 1, not 2 or 3 Seasons in.

in the past week i've watched a bunch of junk ones. i knew they weren't gonna be academy contenders but still, these were pretty bad. billionaires boys club. siberia. father of the year. even cloak and dagger put me to sleep and i only got 3 episodes in before i tapped out. just put on succession to hopefully brighten my outlook.

Deadwood is ****ing greenlit for the HBO movie.

‘Deadwood’ Movie Gets Greenlight at HBO

Get ready you cocksuckers

giphy.webp

Last edited:
Anyone else watch Unfriended? Just got back from watching it and low key thought it was a good movie. Using the actual names (Facebook, Apple, Google, etc.) and doing away with the supernatural stuff definitely helped add to the sense of realism.

You Were Never Really Here - 3.5/8

Ok, what the hell did I just watch? Here's the preview:

Based off of that, I was expecting something along the lines of Man on Fire, The Professional, The Equalizer, etc...but it's 1000000% NOT that at all. Look, Joaquin Phoenix is extraordinary in this film. That I can say with conviction. However, I spent about 45 minutes after the movie was done reading summaries and theories because I missed a lot while watching. I can't even give a proper review because I'm still trying to process what I watched last night and what some of the underlying themes were.

My review is based solely off of my enjoyment of the film...however, I guess my film watching experience with this movie isn't nearly as sophisticated as the RT/IMDB reviews that it received.

"a masterpiece"

"a true work of art"

"brilliant"

200.gif

yea, ok....

Never watched Deadwood the series. Has it aged well enough to where I'd enjoy it today? I've been meaning to watch more HBO originals that I haven't seen yet and I'm trying to figure everything that's worth it.
Yes.

YES!

BINGE IT NOW.

Its a well crafted story regardless of the era. The western genre element brings out more in it. Great character work and storytelling.

I'm sure this movie is not the cup of tea for a lot of NTers, but last night I watch Overboard and I enjoyed it. Movie was pretty good ...

jjs07 jjs07 I stop going to RT for reviews and scores man. More often than not, I disagree with their scores. BTW, I didnt like that movie at all.

So NBC has a lot of cancelled shows. A LOT

So much so theres probably a good deal you've nenver heard of. Anyway, last night I happened to be searching on demand and stumbled on Shrink.

Pure gold :lol: Hitting a comedic spot for me.

i didn't like it.
I understand ...

I like the original movie and I think this was done in good taste without deviating. Plus I genuinely liked the dudes chance. It helps that I understand spanish and was catching all the funny stuff without having to read and missing the punchline.

I'm sure this movie is not the cup of tea for a lot of NTers, but last night I watch Overboard and I enjoyed it. Movie was pretty good ...

jjs07 jjs07 I stop going to RT for reviews and scores man. More often than not, I disagree with their scores. BTW, I didnt like that movie at all.

I was mostly on RT/IMDB last night to get an explanation over what the hell I just watched. I didn't know what to think... :lol:

It was funny going through the comments and seeing that people (like me and you) who didn't like the movie all that much somehow couldn't appreciate the art that it was :lol:

Anyone else in here see it? I'd be curious to know what your thoughts were on the film.

Holy hell, the new Mission Impossible is incredible.

Not only the best one in the series, but one of the best action movies in recent memory

Blew me away.

Another ringing endorsement for the new MI joint! Alright, I'm in! Gonna go watch Rogue Nation to hype me up. :lol:

Holy hell, the new Mission Impossible is incredible.

Not only the best one in the series, but one of the best action movies in recent memory

Blew me away.

It’s crazy how great all the MI movies are. So after 2, I never even bothered watching. I just figured they got lamer and lamer. Then about 2 years ago I got bored and watched MI3. BLOWN AWAY. So then naturally I watched the rest in like the next 3 days. Each one gets better and better!

Misson: Bruh, c'mon.

Impossible doesn't cut it anymore. Here, here's an impossible task, you have 15 minutes. 15. Oh, well, there's like 8 things that need to happen, perfectly, in those 15 minutes. And during those 15 minutes and 8 things that need to happen, 4 things will try to stop you. Again, in 15 minutes. It takes 15 minutes to pee, brush your teeth, shower and get dressed. But 8 miraculous things and 4 things trying to stop you, you can do it. :lol:

I didn't even mention that's at the end of a long weekend where you've been beaten, battered, wrecked, shot at, traveled across multiple countries, fought multiple assalaints, jumped out of buildings and ran for almost 15 minutes of screen time.

But hey...... :lol:

Make no mistake, I loved it. Loved every second. Terrific movie. Amazing 6-pack of films. Splendid. But let's upgrade from Impossible. Mission: Fast and the Furious on foot, crossing a sidewalk on a warm day with comfortable shoes.

Copter to copter, mountain, roll, survive, walkie talkie, edge, fight, single button pull, climb, fall, cable, assassain, ....... :lol:

7/8

I can't remember anything about any of the MI movies. Does that even matter at this point? I know the relationships but couldn't tell you the "missions" they've gone on lol. Still going this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom