Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What?!?!

Stopped reading after the last 2 films you posted :smh: :lol:
tenor.gif

I hope this is good. I like Joaquin.

He's just a good writer that owns is successful projects.

Can't see how he's in any comparable lane to Bay or Snyder.

Whedon? Meh, he made his bones on his writing and thats keeping him in the industry.

2 movies that also made a billion also helps
None of whedon’s projects have resonated with me not in he least bit. I’ve found all of his stuff to be extremely vanilla & specifically white washed. I’d much sooner drink piss from a urinal at a construction site than ever see projects from any of those directors. :lol:

Why is everyone quick to equate money with being relevant? Milli Vanilli went 8 times platinum here in the states. Does that make them stellar r&b artists? c&c music factory went platinum 5 times. Does that make dude one of the all time great rappers? Nas’ Illamatic went platinum once. Does that make him one of the lesser rappers of all time? Those figures for me just confirm people like s**t...

Just started Ozark. On episode 2. Does it ever calm down or get comical? I don’t think I can handle 2 full seasons of being on the edge of my seat the entire time. Show gives me anxiety man. Way worse than with B.B.

None of whedon’s projects have resonated with me not in he least bit. I’ve found all of his stuff to be extremely vanilla & specifically white washed. I’d much sooner drink piss from a urinal at a construction site than ever see projects from any of those directors. :lol:
To each their own.

Between Buffy, Firefly/Serentity and the Avengers dude is well established on both fronts that matter.

Why is everyone quick to equate money with being relevant? Milli Vanilli went 8 times platinum here in the states. Does that make them stellar r&b artists? c&c music factory went platinum 5 times. Does that make dude one of the all time great rappers? Nas’ Illamatic went platinum once. Does that make him one of the lesser rappers of all time? Those figures for me just confirm people like s**t...
You started this off saying you dont understand why these directors keep getting jobs as if you don't know most of this is about making money :lol:

All of those comparisons do not matter in Hollywood. The larger percentage cares more about the movie making money and for some the leading theory is if the movie makes a lot of money, a lot of ppl saw it, a lot of ppl like it so the movie must be good.

Dudes defend **** movies like the FF and find ways to defend it so I'm not buying this Milli Vanilli response. We all know they aint ****. That don't matter if ppl still listen and buy.

Thats all that matters in Hollywood. Thats why these directors keep getting movies to make.

The business of making movies is not based on solely making good movies. If it were there'd be a lot less trash out there.

All of those comparisons do not matter in Hollywood. The larger percentage cares more about the movie making money and for some the leading theory is if the movie makes a lot of money, a lot of ppl saw it, a lot of ppl like it so the movie must be good.
A lot of people like & voted for the deplorable in chief. Doesn’t make him a good (or great) president. Again proof that people (the masses) like s**t.

The question was rhetorical... I know why. I’m just saying they all do crap work....

Just started Ozark. On episode 2. Does it ever calm down or get comical? I don’t think I can handle 2 full seasons of being on the edge of my seat the entire time. Show gives me anxiety man. Way worse than with B.B.
Never gets comical.

More subplots open up to ease you off the tension of the main suspenseful things going on but they eventually get tense as **** too :lol:

As far as tone, this is a far extreme compared to BB. Just look at the lighting of the series. A damn dark tint to it all.

A lot of people like & voted for the deplorable in chief. Doesn’t make him a good (or great) president. Again proof that people (the masses) like s**t.

The question was rhetorical... I know why. I’m just saying they all do crap work....
Voting for whoever wins the election doesnt make them a good or great president. Just means that's who got the most votes (usually :lol: ).

Being a good president happens by being a good president.

That is not at all a good comparison to parallel the masses that pay to see a movie or music for that matter. It's not the same.

Things are way more opinion based when it comes to entertainment.

ozark is good. finished both seasons and don’t have many complaints. marty’s plan to run was kinda dumb and his wife turns out to have bigger balls than him but the acting is above average.

i don’t like when actors overact (see pacino in scent of a woman) but i have a soft spot for cafe. raising arizona was one of my faves back in the day and since then, he’s probably done more stinkers than winners but how can you hate on con air? c’mon man!!!

i have 3 more eps of lodge 49. i like it so far. i guess my overall rating will depend on the last ep.

Voting for whoever wins the election doesnt make them a good or great president. Just means that's who got the most votes (usually :lol: ).

Being a good president happens by being a good president.

That is not at all a good comparison to parallel the masses that pay to see a movie or music for that matter. It's not the same.

Things are way more opinion based when it comes to entertainment.
Whatever man. :lol: I was only trying to illustrate that mass popularity doesn't equate with quality & value.

6.5/8 In any event, seent Hearts Beat Loud, a little indie drama starring Nick Offerman & Kiersey Clemons. Very affable movie about a musician/record store owner father trying to connect with his daughter before she goes away to college by jamming & recording songs. Both are stuck still grieving the loss of their wife/mother who died in a bike accident years before. I liked that this movie didn't go for the crowd pleasing cathartic - "lets hug it out" emotional end. Instead it kinda let situations simmer & develop. Had a really nice cast with Toni Collete & Ted Danson. I found this flick to be very affable like I did Jon Favreau's Chef. Wifey & I enjoyed it as we wound down Sunday night.

I gave up on Ozark. Too many series out there to waste my time. Season 1 was pretty good, but season 2 has been below average and the writing is just becoming tOo far fetched. A lot of reaching.

About to start The Deuce.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom