Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

on the second ep of jack ryan. thanks to whoever recommended that one! was kinda put off to see jim halpert in the lead role but he’s not bad so far. he was ok in 13 hours and pretty good in a quiet place. and then...i was happy to see bunk in there. carlton cuse being a part really helps. so far it’s good.

i gave up on deadly class. might catch up later. music was great in that one though. another one with a nice soundtrack was bumblebee.

Will probably watch Velvet Buzzsaw this weekend. Really enjoyed Nightcrawler and hope this one doesn't disappoint. Still haven't seem Roman J Israel. How was it for those who have seen it?

Call Me by Your Name worth a watch? It's on demand.
Its a good artsy flick.

Cinematography is great. Italy (well that part of Italy) looks beautiful. I loved that.

Keep in mind the story is about coming of age of a teenage boy who is gay/bisexual and his summer (sexual) relationship with an older man.

I think I gave it anywhere from a 6 to 6.5 out of 8.

Caught 'Green Book' last night. Really really good film. Mahershala Ali's performance was phenomenal. There were a lot of layers in the character he played and he executed masterfully. The chemistry with Viggo Mortensen was great as well. Mahershala should absolutely run away with Best Supporting Actor.

6/8

Will check this out this weekend.

Watched Colossal on Hulu tonight....um, a 4/8 I guess. Some solid performances from Hathaway and Sudeikis but not a fan of where they took the movie after about half way through.

Anyone else watch Velvet Buzzsaw yet?

I personally was let down. Even though it's not a traditional horror, I couldn't find myself staying interested. The first act dragged WAY too long, pacing was all over the place, the only actors I cared about were Jake and Stranger Things bae, and the story was overall disappointing.

As far as Nerflix releases go, VB >>>> Bird Box trash. But not enough to get me to ever think about watching again.

The end was pretty blah too. For all the buildup, there was no payoff.

Clothing was on point though.

4/8 if I'm being generous.

Anyone else watch Velvet Buzzsaw yet?

I personally was let down. Even though it's not a traditional horror, I couldn't find myself staying interested. The first act dragged WAY too long, pacing was all over the place, the only actors I cared about were Jake and Stranger Things bae, and the story was overall disappointing.

As far as Nerflix releases go, VB >>>> Bird Box trash. But not enough to get me to ever think about watching again.

The end was pretty blah too. For all the buildup, there was no payoff.

Clothing was on point though.

4/8 if I'm being generous.

I watched about an hour of it last night and fell asleep. It was close to when the guy ran into the gas station or whatever. The MOMENT it started to drag, I was lights out :lol:

My first impressions of the movie was that I wish they didn’t have an ensemble cast. Russo, Malkevich, and Collette were getting to be too much of a distraction. It was getting a little annoying, and I wished they chose to focus on 1 or 2 main characters. Will finish tonight though.

*edit* kinda funny malkavich was in this AND bird box :lol:

Malkovich must have a contract with Netflix. Dude shows up for half a movie each time but is probably getting PAID. Dont rush to finish the movie if you didnt find it interesting. Really wasn't anything worth watching and the ending really didnt pay off. Kind of dumb actually.

Jimmy loves the Velvet Fog!

Probably going to catch The Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody this week.

Idris Elba being Moses Magnum (going up against T'Challa in a sequel) could've been really interesting.... on some Live and Let Die Yaphet Kotto type **** but slightly more menacing.... Oh well..
He can always comeback. Just need some time removed from IW/Endgame.

Dont know about Moses being used as a BP villain. It's a one off thing.

Think he'd want a long term thing like being a hero.

Velvet Buzzsaw was TRASH! What an absolute mess. This is the Fyrefest of movies. Nonsense thrown together. Didn’t live up to the promo that was promised. A-list celebrities were no shows. I’m the trusting millennial that got scammed even though all the red flags were there :lol:

I know this didn’t come out in theaters and the actors got paid bank I’m sure, but I’d be pissed if I was in this movie and that was the final cut that came out. It’s like there was a good movie somewhere in there but it was edited so poorly it just ended up being an incoherent train wreck. Was laughingly bad towards the end.

Also, whoever this actress is, she needs to not be in a movie with recognizable actors again.
Zawe-Ashton-velvet-buzzsaw.jpg

I wanna know who she banged to get so much screen time in this movie. She was awful. If this film was supposed to be a satire on the art scene, they missed the mark badly. 2/8

noskey noskey man were you right :lol:

Velvet Buzzsaw was TRASH! What an absolute mess. This is the Fyrefest of movies. Nonsense thrown together. Didn’t live up to the promo that was promised. A-list celebrities were no shows. I’m the trusting millennial that got scammed even though all the red flags were there :lol:

I know this didn’t come out in theaters and the actors got paid bank I’m sure, but I’d be pissed if I was in this movie and that was the final cut that came out. It’s like there was a good movie somewhere in there but it was edited so poorly it just ended up being an incoherent train wreck. Was laughingly bad towards the end.

Also, whoever this actress is, she needs to not be in a movie with recognizable actors again.
Zawe-Ashton-velvet-buzzsaw.jpg

I wanna know who she banged to get so much screen time in this movie. She was awful. If this film was supposed to be a satire on the art scene, they missed the mark badly. 2/8

noskey noskey man were you right :lol:
Oh now I need to watch this train wreck today, not interested in Super Bowl.

Was gonna check Velvet Buzzsaw, still will but got caught up with The Travelers :pimp:

Dope little sci-fi show.

Back
Top Bottom