Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^^^ Just looked over Radcliffe’s post-Potter filmography on IMDB and “quality” is not the 1st word that comes to mind. Seems to already be in Nic Cage get-them-checks mode.
It seems like he's having fun. Know for damn sure he could live GOOD off those Potter checks. Radcliffe has definitely had some absolute bangers since those days though. A Young Doctor's Notebook was great TV between him and Jon Hamm.

It seems like he's having fun. Know for damn sure he could live GOOD off those Potter checks. Radcliffe has definitely had some absolute bangers since those days though. A Young Doctor's Notebook was great TV between him and Jon Hamm.

You’re probably right. He’s a quirky dude with a bit of a dark sense of humor, so I think he picks scripts that amuse him or align with his interests.

source.gif

Bloodshot 2.75/8 - Some decent action sequences but a recycled origin you've seen before. Idk why they gave Lamorne Morris an English accent, but Eiza Gonzalez can get it.

Damn. Im gonna have to do this tomorrow. Hope you dont catch Corona
That's the thing though, I left during the middle of the day; Nobody on the train or bus that the MTA js constantly cleaning.

Nobody in the movie theater that they're actively cleaning. I went in the bathroom and it was the best smelling public bathroom I stepped inside of in years :lol:

I say take advantage of this while you can

That's the thing though, I left during the middle of the day; Nobody on the train or bus that the MTA js constantly cleaning.

Nobody in the movie theater that they're actively cleaning. I went in the bathroom and it was the best smelling public bathroom I stepped inside of in years :lol:

I say take advantage of this while you can
do you sneak into other movies?

Saw The Hunt last night. Entertaining watch but the story was kinda lame. The fight scene towards the end was great though. 5/8. Cant believe the dems got so mad over this, but most of them probably never or will end up watching it.

The scene in Jaws toward the end when they’re drinking on the boat is one of my favorites all time, all movies. Dreyfus and Robert Shaw destroy it.

How you do 4 movies at the theater in one day!? I did a triple feature once and felt exhausted after just being at the theater for nearly 6 hours lol.
Left after 11, timed things just about right with not much waste in between movies. Home by 8:30

A good night's rest is key. Gotta be focused though.

4 aint even the most. Pretty sure I did 6 in a day once. Posted in this thread when I did it.

After I post my reviews, I'm gonna stay up most of the night catching up on shows I missed this week or a movie or on my switch. Then sleep all morning tomorrow.

Last edited:
Left after 11, timed things just about right with not much waste in between movies. Home by 8:30

A good night's rest is key. Gotta be focused though.

4 aint even the most. Pretty sure I did 6 in a day once. Posted in this thread when I did it.

After I post my reviews, I'm gonna stay up most of the night catching up on shows I missed this week or a movie or on my switch. Then sleep all morning tomorrow.
I might try this tomorrow. Gonna go for four in a day. Do the workers notice your face after you go to four movies in one day?

Emma 5/8

A bit tediously long. I watched this mainly for Ana-Taylor Joy.

The promo had me thinking this would be more like The Favourite and less like Little Women. I didn't know this was a remake of a Gwenyth Paltrow flick or based off a Jane Austen book so meh.

It got more entertaining in tye 3rd act.

The Hunt 6/8

I really dug this. Simple with an interesting enough plot.

I probably enjoyed it more cuz I want Betty Gilpin so bad. That final fight with Hilary Swank was :pimp:

The idea that they got the wrong woman and that this CEO lost her job over a joke so she made the joke reality was great.

Bloodshot 5.7/8

This was okay. However, if this came out in say 2010 would've been a really really good superhero movie. As others have mentioned movie had story elements we've seen before. Action was really good though.

One thing that was a little inexcusable was the non-world building of this Valiant cinematic universe they're supposedly starting and expanding. For one Valiants 3 most popular heroes more could've been done. Dont know if it was intentional but this came off more like a sci-fi action flick than anything like superhero movie. Like this was basically enhanced vets turned mercenaries going at it. Which isnt a bad thing but it felt very self contained too and not like a world with Quantum & Woody or Shadowman let alone XO-Manowar.

The Way Back 5.8/8

This was cool. A bit fast paced but the movie got in its emotional moments and turn around for the team and uplifting character progression.

Ben was good in this. Hope this gets him back on track for making movies.

I might try this tomorrow. Gonna go for four in a day. Do the workers notice your face after you go to four movies in one day?
Another beauty about that is ppl who work at the movies work in shifts. So the person who checked ya ticket aint gonna be around after 2 movies.

If ya first movie is less than 2 hours just pretend or actually confidently walk to the bathroom and from there go see your next movie.

I mainly go to Regal and AMC theaters. Most think I have Unlimited or A-list if its like a manager that happens to see me more than once or something. They never actually ask me anything like to see my ticket stub.

Last edited:
Bro, I watched 12 Angry Men again today for the first time since 1985.
I was in 3rd Grade and I remember that Film like it was yesterday.
I cried at least 5 times, and all I can say is it brought back so many memories that were not vivid, before tonight.
I remember my Mother giving me .75cent for the day.
.20 cent for two bags of popcorn.(copped one for me and one for the girl I liked)
..30cent for Snickerdoodle cookies(copped one for me and one for the Girl I liked)
And .25 cent for the pencil machine so I could cop 2pencils for playground pencil wars while we waited our turn on the Tetherball Pole.
Y’all ever play pencils?

Anyway, film is 8/8

What a Perfect Watch.
I checked IMDB hoping it was a 10, welp...not quite but turns out it’s top 5 all time ranking.

Without looking, can someone name the other 4 Films in IMDB’s top 5 highest rated?

Last edited:
Bro, I watched 12 Angry Men again today for the first time since 1985.
I was in 3rd Grade and I remember that Film like it was yesterday.
I cried at least 5 times, and all I can say is it brought back so many memories that were not vivid, before tonight.
I remember my Mother giving me .75cent for the day.
.20 cent for two bags of popcorn.(copped one for me and one for the girl I liked)
..30cent for Snickerdoodle cookies(copped one for me and one for the Girl I liked)
And .25 cent for the pencil machine so I could cop 2pencils for playground pencil wars while we waited our turn on the Tetherball Pole.
Y’all ever play pencils?

Anyway, film is 8/8

What a Perfect Watch.
I checked IMDB hoping it was a 10, welp...not quite but turns out it’s top 5 all time ranking.

Without looking, can someone name the other 4 Films in IMDB’s top 5 highest rated?

Without looking, it used to be Shawshank redemption, pulp fiction at 1 and 2. Maybe The Godfather, then LoTR??

Right now they're airing the 7 part documentary Basketball: A Love Story on ESPN 2 if you guys are jonesing for amazing basketball content. 100% the best fully comprehensive basketball documentary on the history of basketball. It covers the history of every major basketball event from the roots to now. It's an amazing documentary spanning 14 hours of content in 7 parts.

Right now they're airing the 7 part documentary Basketball: A Love Story on ESPN 2 if you guys are jonesing for amazing basketball content. 100% the best fully comprehensive basketball documentary on the history of basketball. It covers the history of every major basketball event from the roots to now. It's an amazing documentary spanning 14 hours of content in 7 parts.
I've caught parts of it but need to watch it in full. Probably will watch this week with the lack of live sports for a while.

Back
Top Bottom