Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watched about 2/3 of The Lighthouse last night. I loved the style it was shot in and I was entertained so far.

HOWEVER, I wasn’t in the mood for it last night. It was purposely shot to make the viewer feel aggravated, claustrophobic, and agitated. They succeeded in making me FEEL like I was going mad. That feeling doesn’t stop. It’s ramped up to 11 the entire time, and it was just too much after a while.

I’ll finish the rest tonight. Defoe and Pattinson out on a clinic though for sure.
Bruh, the movie is too much. Thinking about it and recalling it I get this bad feeling in my throat.

Probably could drive some ppl mad.

Just watched Mud for the 1st time and thinking back on it, that immediate post rom-com era for McConaughey was nothing short of phenomenal. Lincoln Lawyer, Killer Joe, Bernie, Mud.. :pimp: and of course capping it with Dallas Buyers Club

The Invisible Man - 6.8/8

Just a great horror flick overall. Elisabeth Moss did a great job as playing a victim of abuse and being constantly scared and paranoid. They did a great job of building up the scares and using misdirection through out. Highly recommend for any horror fans.

Sonic the Hedgehog 4/8 - Some fun moments. Jim Carey was pretty solid as Robotnik.

Dora and the Lost City of Gold 2/8 - My niece grew up on this cartoon so we watched it. The live action movie was strange but Michael Pena can do no wrong.

Just saw " The Pianist" for the first time since middle school and damn that movie hits harder when you're older

absolutely. Also, that is an underrated quality of film. Watching something that you viewed when you were young and had one world view, then watching that same film with an older completely different worldview is 👌👌👌.

Just saw " The Pianist" for the first time since middle school and damn that movie hits harder when you're older

I just saw that scrolling through and had the same thought, I might have to pull the trigger one of these days soon cause I really don't even remember much of the film even though I think I saw it as a family outing at the theater

its my second fav movie of all time. the acting is amazing, brody killed it. everything down the line worked. Polanski drew from his own experience in the holocaust, a true story of survival with the power of art carrying in him. and to top it off him playing his favourite Chopin piece in the credits. or maybe it wasn't in the credits i can't remember I got the DVD with the special features that Spielman is also in

its my second fav movie of all time. the acting is amazing, brody killed it. everything down the line worked. Polanski drew from his own experience in the holocaust, a true story of survival with the power of art carrying in him. and to top it off him playing his favourite Chopin piece in the credits. or maybe it wasn't in the credits i can't remember I got the DVD with the special features that Spielman is also in
The Chopin ballade in G minor was during the movie when dude was camping out in the bombed out house/mansion that the Germans eventually fell back to and then he hid up in the attic

And since I love that scene

Watched Guns Akimbo with Daniel Radcliffe last night... it was really horrendous. But an experience if you’re into seeing new Sci-Fi concepts on screen once even when it’s not terrific.

^^^ Just looked over Radcliffe’s post-Potter filmography on IMDB and “quality” is not the 1st word that comes to mind. Seems to already be in Nic Cage get-them-checks mode.

Back
Top Bottom