Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

If there was a way to watch a movie for the first time today, like if the Men In Black flashy thing were real, what movies would you want to re-watch?

Friday- As a 35 year old, and how my humor has evolved, I'd love this movie if I were able to watch it fresh.

The Matrix

The 6th Sense- just to experience that twist again

source.gif

If there was a way to watch a movie for the first time today, like if the Men In Black flashy thing were real, what movies would you want to re-watch?

Friday- As a 35 year old, and how my humor has evolved, I'd love this movie if I were able to watch it fresh.

The Matrix

The 6th Sense- just to experience that twist again

source.gif

Fight Club
Inception
Old Boy

Pain and Gain seems like it would be near unwatchable on TNT due to the heavy editting. Speaking of movie with crimes not well planned out I watched Alpha Dog for the first time over the weekend, while nothing mind blowing it was an entertaining watch and I didn't know the true story prior to watching. Timberlake had the standout performance IMO. Kind of reminded me of Bale in Harsh times for a guy playing someone very different than how they are perceived in real life.

Not sure if it's a popular opinion, but in mine, Wedding Crashers >>>>>> Old School, but I love both. I just love WC more. The story alone is genius. And the dialogue, all of it. "You shut your mouth when you're talkin to me" and then the look that Vince Vaughn has......glorious.

Also, for those that may or may not know, Todd from Wedding Crashers is also in The Break Up. He is the date that tries to get Jennifer Aniston to drink the Apple-tinis. "What we in the biz call, Party time....."

Not sure if it's a popular opinion, but in mine, Wedding Crashers >>>>>> Old School, but I love both. I just love WC more. The story alone is genius. And the dialogue, all of it. "You shut your mouth when you're talkin to me" and then the look that Vince Vaughn has......glorious.

Also, for those that may or may not know, Todd from Wedding Crashers is also in The Break Up. He is the date that tries to get Jennifer Aniston to drink the Apple-tinis. "What we in the biz call, Party time....."

I’d say I like Wedding Crashers more as well, but it’s close. Plus, it had been a while since the last time I watched Old School so I think that increased my appreciation when watching it yesterday.

Both all time great comedies for me.

I’ve got both in my top 10. Can’t really go wrong.

unrelated side note: I’m sure you already own them, but did you see all lethal weapons are on Netflix? I don’t know how long they’ve been on. They never show up on my recommendations, I just noticed after doing a search. All day binge for sure.

I’ve got both in my top 10. Can’t really go wrong.

unrelated side note: I’m sure you already own them, but did you see all lethal weapons are on Netflix? I don’t know how long they’ve been on. They never show up on my recommendations, I just noticed after doing a search. All day binge for sure.

I do have all 4, but funny you said that cuz my wife mentioned yesterday and she wants to binge them as well.

Agree with this.

Saw both in the theater and was in tears for both but yeah WC gets the edge for me. Just a better movie IMO. Close call.

I think I would say Wedding Crashers is the better movie but Old School holds a special and nostalgic spot for me. It came out a year before I headed to college and obviously all of us in college loved it. I can’t tell you how many times that film was quoted my freshman and sophomore years. I’m sure people felt the same way heading to college right after Animal House.

Both films suffer a little in the second half.

The first hour of Wedding Crashers is untouchable though

I think I would say Wedding Crashers is the better movie but Old School holds a special and nostalgic spot for me. It came out a year before I headed to college and obviously all of us in college loved it. I can’t tell you how many times that film was quoted my freshman and sophomore years. I’m sure people felt the same way heading to college right after Animal House.

I can’t even count how many times my brothers and I said, “Grab me a fresh beer” to each other after Old School...

I give the edge to Wedding Crahser too, even though it gets a little stale towards the end imo (aside from Chazz :lol:

So many funny scenes in WC, and yeah Vaughn's facial expressions are hilarious....the scene when Cooper is pretending to be a seal, and VV and Wilson are looking in from the steps :lol:

"Yeah ever since I've known you I've been sneaking out taking weekend trips to hunt quail....no I don't even know what the **** a quail is"

Back
Top Bottom