Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Since I just watched in on cable, I gotta shout out one of my favorite 80s comedies -- Back to School. Maybe Rodney Dangerfield's best performance ever (followed closely by Caddyshack). Love that movie.

agreed 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by lawdog1

Since I just watched in on cable, I gotta shout out one of my favorite 80s comedies -- Back to School. Maybe Rodney Dangerfield's best performance ever (followed closely by Caddyshack). Love that movie.

agreed 
pimp.gif

Agreed... the more I think about it the more I like the movie.

Anyway... I saw Adam tonight, I first saw it mentioned on here awhile back and finally remembered about it and man was it terrific. Rose Byrne was great and Hugh Dancy as Adam was brilliant.

Agreed... the more I think about it the more I like the movie.

Anyway... I saw Adam tonight, I first saw it mentioned on here awhile back and finally remembered about it and man was it terrific. Rose Byrne was great and Hugh Dancy as Adam was brilliant.

Originally Posted by Noskey

No. Go see the movie. You DO see the monster, and see it clearly. At first I thought it was gonna be something like Cloverfield, or even be the monster from that movie, but it's not. The story focuses on the kids and the relationships between them and their parents more than anything, but there's enough action and suspense to keep the pace moving well. The comedy was great; the kids bickering was funny and one kid in particular was hilarious (the fireworks kid).

So, see the movie. Trust me, you'll like it as long as you dont go in for the monster, expecting some Godzilla or Cloverfield $@!+-it-all-up stuff.
Agreed... Go see it.

I love JJ Abrams' style and especially here with the way he filmed this. It's an old school monster flick and it's nostalgic as all hell, but I dig that about it.. The ending kinda sucks, but I enjoyed it.

A solid 7 for me. Won't guarantee you'll love it, but it's worth the price of admission. Seems like there's another new movie for me EVERY weekend for about 2+ months now... Ugh.

Originally Posted by Noskey

No. Go see the movie. You DO see the monster, and see it clearly. At first I thought it was gonna be something like Cloverfield, or even be the monster from that movie, but it's not. The story focuses on the kids and the relationships between them and their parents more than anything, but there's enough action and suspense to keep the pace moving well. The comedy was great; the kids bickering was funny and one kid in particular was hilarious (the fireworks kid).

So, see the movie. Trust me, you'll like it as long as you dont go in for the monster, expecting some Godzilla or Cloverfield $@!+-it-all-up stuff.
Agreed... Go see it.

I love JJ Abrams' style and especially here with the way he filmed this. It's an old school monster flick and it's nostalgic as all hell, but I dig that about it.. The ending kinda sucks, but I enjoyed it.

A solid 7 for me. Won't guarantee you'll love it, but it's worth the price of admission. Seems like there's another new movie for me EVERY weekend for about 2+ months now... Ugh.

Who pays homage to themselves in their own movie, using elements from their own previous movies? 
laugh.gif

I mean, I know it was more than just him, but...

Anyway, it sounds all too childish for me. Between one particular line of the spoiler I read and one particular line from the post in General, I already know everything I need to know and it entices me none.

Oh, and my guess is the "monster" is actually The Beast from The Sandlot. That would fit right in with my generalization of this movie.

Who pays homage to themselves in their own movie, using elements from their own previous movies? 
laugh.gif

I mean, I know it was more than just him, but...

Anyway, it sounds all too childish for me. Between one particular line of the spoiler I read and one particular line from the post in General, I already know everything I need to know and it entices me none.

Oh, and my guess is the "monster" is actually The Beast from The Sandlot. That would fit right in with my generalization of this movie.

It would be an homage to Spielberg, who only produced it... not an homage of Abrams to himself.

If it sounds too childish then maybe you wouldn't like it, because I didn't expect it to be a mega-monster/action epic. It's basically an old school monster/supernatural movie with humor, action, and brings you in to a believable group of kids as they experience it. At times I did feel like a kid again, I wasn't overthinking it or weighing different expectations... just enjoying a real entertaining movie.

It certainly wasn't perfect, but I'd probably watch this 9 times out of 10 over another generic monster/supernatural/alien movie that's released far too often.

It would be an homage to Spielberg, who only produced it... not an homage of Abrams to himself.

If it sounds too childish then maybe you wouldn't like it, because I didn't expect it to be a mega-monster/action epic. It's basically an old school monster/supernatural movie with humor, action, and brings you in to a believable group of kids as they experience it. At times I did feel like a kid again, I wasn't overthinking it or weighing different expectations... just enjoying a real entertaining movie.

It certainly wasn't perfect, but I'd probably watch this 9 times out of 10 over another generic monster/supernatural/alien movie that's released far too often.

Just because it focuses on kids doesn't mean it's a kid movie. There's a good amount of action, special effects, violence, etc.

If E.T. could pass as a Disney movie, then sure... so could Super 8. Not saying it's equal of course, but you should get my point.

Unrelated... The Professional is on t.v. right now... holy @+@* can Natalie Portman act, I'm always surprised when I watch this movie.
If you do decide to see it, do it proper justice and watch it in the theater, save it for a matinee if you don't want to spend full price
laugh.gif
But watching this later at home won't be the same.

If you don't decide to see it... well I hate you and everything you stand for.

Not even close 
laugh.gif
These little 13 year old are cursing like they just found out how, people are dieing all over the place, there's way too much suspense that would scare the hell out of kids. And the monster aint exactly child friendly either.

Not even close 
laugh.gif
These little 13 year old are cursing like they just found out how, people are dieing all over the place, there's way too much suspense that would scare the hell out of kids. And the monster aint exactly child friendly either.

Just because it focuses on kids doesn't mean it's a kid movie. There's a good amount of action, special effects, violence, etc.

If E.T. could pass as a Disney movie, then sure... so could Super 8. Not saying it's equal of course, but you should get my point.

Unrelated... The Professional is on t.v. right now... holy @+@* can Natalie Portman act, I'm always surprised when I watch this movie.
If you do decide to see it, do it proper justice and watch it in the theater, save it for a matinee if you don't want to spend full price
laugh.gif
But watching this later at home won't be the same.

If you don't decide to see it... well I hate you and everything you stand for.

Disney movie in the sense of it being a fantastical story that takes a turn towards disturbingly/ludicrously heartwarming, more or less.
If E.T. could pass as a Disney movie, then sure... so could Super 8.
Yes, like that.

Not for me. I am too... cynical? to enjoy anything like that anymore. Something along those lines.

Disney movie in the sense of it being a fantastical story that takes a turn towards disturbingly/ludicrously heartwarming, more or less.
If E.T. could pass as a Disney movie, then sure... so could Super 8.
Yes, like that.

Not for me. I am too... cynical? to enjoy anything like that anymore. Something along those lines.

I dont think it's anything like ET. That was more of a heartwarming tale about the friendship between a boy and his alien. This is about trying to rescue people from an alien, with a lot more violence and humor.

Post #4000 in this thread
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom