Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Any good so far? Is it funny? I haven’t seen many shows, and I feel like maybe I should see more.

The last show I watched was “The White Lotus” and I thought it was good. :lol:

I like it so far, but silly, satirical comedies , which is what it is, are right in my lane. Very different kind of show from White Lotus.

I like it so far, but silly, satirical comedies , which is what it is, are right in my lane. Very different kind of show from White Lotus.
Cool, yeah I’m open to various shows and would watch just about anything at least once.

Thanks for your reply.

Took the lady to see Scream this past weekend simply because we both like horror and are big on nostalgia. Movie was exactly what we both expected going into it. Decent film. Fun. Nothing mind blowing or anything. But enjoyed it.

“Zords smorges, they’ll crush ‘em like roaches.”
1644275293353.jpeg

Latest episode of Euphoria, cotDAMN. Little too close to home for me. Whole time I'm like 'Yo I know this chick, like KNOW this chick.'

P.S. Zendaya something FIERCE.

-foe

Bro. BRO. I’m sitting here going through something similar. I’m like “okay. zendaya putting on an acting clinic. I see you girl. Wait……this is hitting too close to home. Wait this is too real. I know this girl. Holy ****.”

Im not gonna speak on my story, but yeah this is the scariest feeling I’ve had with something on tv. Like a WWII vet trying to watch saving private Ryan.

Granted, I’m only just passing the intro where Psycho Killer shoots him in the head but…..Opening to Bloodshot was pretty 🔥

Vin is actually believable as a SOLDIER

Last edited:
“Zords smorges, they’ll crush ‘em like roaches.”
1644275293353.jpeg
First scene (skydiving) and last scene (fireworks during Dreams by Van Halen) KEY POINTS of my childhood

Also the kid’s dad and the construction workers walking out of the construction site all high on the ooze had me way too spooked out at the time :lol:

First scene (skydiving) and last scene (fireworks during Dreams by Van Halen) KEY POINTS of my childhood

Also the kid’s dad and the construction workers walking out of the construction site all high on the ooze had me way too spooked out at the time :lol:
Hell yea. Soundtrack was 🔥. When the bass kicks in the first scene. 8) Film had some good drumming work in it as well. I definitely could rock with that album. I actually liked Ivan Ooze in the film. He was pretty funny.:lol:

Guess I wasn't as entertained by Nobody as yall were. I give it a strong 5/8 because Odenkirk is so god damb good at playing the beaten down, "loser" with a past with more secrets and brains than anyone else in his world. But really it was... idk, I got what I expected and wasnt surprised by anything.
It did feel a bit weird at times. Like I couldn't tell if it was poking fun at the tropes or playing in to them or what. It felt like a diet John Wick (I know the connection) but just felt off here and there.

Ya this ain’t Ocean’s 12 bring in the man of the series like Ewan McGregor

Nightmare Alley 5.7/8

Good remake. Basically the same as the OG.

Cooper did his thing. Mara kinda sleep walked through it and was underused imo but the material is dated in a specific period so it didn't allow much for her to do to begin with. Collette and Stratharin were good. Blanchett did her thing as expected, still want to bang.

The other big names were in bit roles; Dafoe, Perlman. Also still want to bang Mary Steenburgen.

This was a bit similar in feel to Del Toro's Crimson Peak. It was cool. Nothing amazing though.

Nightmare Alley 5.7/8

Good remake. Basically the same as the OG.

Cooper did his thing. Mara kinda sleep walked through it and was underused imo but the material is dated in a specific period so it didn't allow much for her to do to begin with. Collette and Stratharin were good. Blanchett did her thing as expected, still want to bang.

The other big names were in bit roles; Dafoe, Perlman. Also still want to bang Mary Steenburgen.

This was a bit similar in feel to Del Toro's Crimson Peak. It was cool. Nothing amazing though.
Agree with your rating, but Blanchett was boring per usual

Reacher was cool. Amazon Prime got both Jack Ryan and Reacher, say less you sons'a guns.

Good enough story, 8 eps, decent enough clues and simple matchups, couple big matchups, little backstory and keep it movin. Well done.

The girl from the MTV Scream series now in her 30's. :lol: But she was great. Hope they find a spot for her goin forward.

How the hell Cruise get those rights? :lol:

Watching "Midnight in Paris" again. Damn I love this movie. It was funny because the girl I was going out with at the time was rigid, shallow, and unimaginative as hell while getting into photography and starting drawing again. This movie helped reinforce the idea for me break up with her. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom