Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

My girl darling got heavy consideration, but didn’t want all those problems when there were safer options

1646432763382.jpeg

They couldn’t have picked a better guy for Super Pumped.
I couldn’t have done a better job casting.
******* perfection, lickity lick.

They couldn’t have picked a better guy for Super Pumped.
I couldn’t have done a better job casting.
****ing perfection, lickity lick.
Watching Bel air hoping to finish by Sunday so i can get started on Super Pumped. Big fan of JGL and Hank Azaria.

Last edited:
The Batman - 6/8

Better than all of the Batfleck films imo. For a three hour movie, there were no parts that seemed to drag. And I absolutely loved the soundtrack throughout. For what it's worth, all of the young people in the theater seemed to love it - I value their opinion more than critics (!)

Side note: this was my first time seeing the trailer for that Nick Cage movie. It actually looks entertaining :lol:

Watching Bel air hoping to finish by Sunday so i can get started on Super Pumped. Big fan of JGL and Hank Azaria.
There’s only 1 episode presently.
Hank has not yet made an appearance.
First episode was dope.
It’s an easy story to glamorize and do what Jobs, Social Network, Wolf of Wall Street, Billions and Succession has been very successful with.
JGL is doing his thing, wry naturally might I add.

So far the new Bel Air is 🔥. Really well acted and produced. Way better than I thought it would be. The right balance between keeping it new but throwing nods back to the fresh prince we all know and love(ie dice in the mirror of the cab, Will rocking the school uniform jacket inside out). Only gripes so far are Ashley is almost invisible and they made Aunt Viv a painter so I know her dancing scene isn't going to be incorporated 😂🤷🏾‍♂️
200 (5).gif

Maybe it's a prequel or something. How long was he out there for?

unless they are going with the alternate ending and will survived. till this day i believe will should of won an oscar for this film. to me its his best acting. i will die on that hill. dont @ me.

Wow just finished this.

7.4/10

Either I forgot or had no idea Scorsese directed this.

As entertaining as it was, geez they were asking for a lot with the way it ended.
Not bad.
I didn’t see any of that coming.
Hour in and I went ahead and read the “Shutter Island Wxplained” video.

Fast9 finally hit HBOMAX for Free.
Feels like I have been waiting on this for longer than usual.
About to get it in.

Got about 30 minutes into west side story. It’s been too boring so far. Insane set designs though. Love the Spielberg look but it doesn’t have the Spielberg feel so far. Gonna have to finish it later. Not entertained so far though.

King Richard

As a standalone movie? 5.5/8. It honestly felt just like a tennis version of the Jacksons mini-series :lol:

What it stands for/represents/etc. ? 8/8

This could easily be considered a movie for Venus, just as well as Richard. Which I have no problem with, because her accomplishments set the table for what Serena would do (Serena is overlooked as well, but that's another story). The young ladies were pretty much spot on, great casting.

I also appreciate the fact that Venus and Serena themselves were involved with telling their father's story.** Too often, especially with Black figures, movies tend to demonize them under the guise of "humanizing" them.

**Side note but this is why I give the Biggie movie a pass, regardless of how bad it was :lol: The fact that Voletta Wallace herself was involved meant something to me**

Back
Top Bottom