Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

IMG_20220810_193926~2.jpg

movies/show thoughts dump after watching all these recently:

Spider Man No Way Home - the first half was extremely cheesy and lame but the 2nd half was great. Toby x Andrew x Tom on screen together and their scenes/dialogue were awesome

Equalizer - what a movie. damn. what a movie

Godless - not bad. enjoyed this. i recommend it if you're into westerns

Kingdom - awesome series and can't wait for more seasons (i hope). Korean zombie/GOT type of show

Silent Sea - just another solid Korean show on Netflix. although the "twist" halfway through was a bit of a let down for me but still a solid watch

Stranger Things - near perfection. can't even knock this last season...easily my favorite. Vecna such an awesome villain

Peaky Blinders - latest season...meh. let's see how they end it but i think the show peaked a while back

Raided by Wolves - quit after episode 3/4 in season 1. kept finding myself picking up my phone

Resident Evil - found this pretty entertaining. i've never seen the originals nor played the video games. but damn, Jade don't stop messing up. "it's all my fault" is every other line outta her mouth :lol:

Thor Love and Thunder: enjoyed it but def had it's share of cheesy moments. but i know that's part of the marvel world now. was good to see they gave us a quick break from the multiverse but didn't love the gods angle...is that where it's really gonna go now? Thor v Hercules? meh

Last edited:
Is The Room just plain awful or are there endearing qualities to it? A local independent theater is having a one-time showing on Friday (with George Sestero in attendance) and trying to decide if I should surprise my wife with tickets. I just don’t want it to be punishment

Is The Room just plain awful or are there endearing qualities to it? A local independent theater is having a one-time showing on Friday (with George Sestero in attendance) and trying to decide if I should surprise my wife with tickets. I just don’t want it to be punishment

Highly suggest watching it and Disaster Artist before going in person. If the screening is like the midnight madness I've been to the crowds get crazy and there's things you do during the movie like throw spoons when A framed photo with a spoon is in the shot or you stomp your feet when people go up and down stairs :lol:

It's a terrible movie that his hilarious to watch with friends

So it’s like a new school Rocky Horror? Funny enough, we tried to go see that when we first started dating. We were legitimately there to watch the movie for our first time and it seemed like everyone else was there had seen it a million times and were just there to do all the things and recite lines. Not knocking them at all but we cut our losses and dipped out after 20 mins. Still haven’t seen it

I’d hope with a cast member there it wouldn’t involve all the shenanigans but now you got me worried

Go see it, seriously.

the GOAT bad movie

Its really fun, the type of bad movie that you could tell someone put their heart and soul into but it’s just so inept in filmmaking standards. It’s a very bizarre film that matches the eccentric nature of Tommy Wiseau.

Went to see Bullet Train. Solid 6/8. Fun summer movie and definitely some Tarantino aspects in it. Thought Pitt was really good in it. The twins stole the show imo
Fun movie. Thought everyone did great in their role. Cracked up with the cameo parts

For those that enjoy or want to listen to movie podcasts, I recommend Cinephobe. It's a little bit of How Did This Get Made?, but it's different and I like the hosts. They're basketball guys Zach Harper of the Athletic and Amin Elhassan formerly of ESPN and with Lebatard, and both from the OG True Hoops Days. It's a great movie pod where they review movies under 40% on RT to see if they're really that bad or if the critics/fans got it wrong.

Some of the movies borderline on "this is an underrated classic" to "this is a sin to my eyes".

Currently watching Heart Condition, where Denzel dies and his heart goes to Bob Hoskins, a racist cop... oh and Denzel was dating his exgirlfriend. It's bonkers and I've never heard of it before and Denzel just gave the guy another heart attack by shouting the N-word at him... did I mention Denzel is a ghost? Denzel is a ghost.

How Did This Get Made hasn’t been hitting the same. Not a fan of when they do live shows and they’ve been doing those mostly lately. Also I can’t stand June :lol:

Wanna feel old? This is the little girl from Sleepless in Seattle, The Man Without a Face, Now and Then, etc

l-intro-1647023591.jpg
sis_078.jpg

Back
Top Bottom