Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

How Did This Get Made hasn’t been hitting the same. Not a fan of when they do live shows and they’ve been doing those mostly lately. Also I can’t stand June :lol:
Yeah I don't listen to every episode at all. Cinephobe is an every week listen. I used to not always watch the movies and even without that the pod is still funny. But it's better when you do

Tonight

What exactly is The Stuff? Tasty, affordable, and no artificial ingredients?!?! Corporate head honchos are dying to know;The Stuff has put the future of the entire ice cream industry at risk. Meanwhile, a nine year old kid in Anytown, USA is on the verge of cracking the case. If something is too good to be true, it probably is...

Cinephobe definitely probably has done Ghost Ship, Bronson Bronson I only watched it because the movie poster/video scared me when I used to go to video stores in like 2003-2004

Aka I think it’s a goat movie poster

Wanna feel old? This is the little girl from Sleepless in Seattle, The Man Without a Face, Now and Then, etc

l-intro-1647023591.jpg
sis_078.jpg
Field of Dreams too. Most recent thing I saw her in was Winning Time

Man, made me feel dated again and how old these movies had become. I have grown to love Man Without a Face due to the story. I remembered renting it only because it was Mel Gibson and thought it was an action movie. 😆
I miss those days. When you rented something based on the cover or cast and it turned out to be a whole different movie from what you were expecting. Felt like you discovered something when it turned out real good.

I miss those days. When you rented something based on the cover or cast and it turned out to be a whole different movie from what you were expecting. Felt like you discovered something when it turned out real good.
It was a slow burn. Must say, I was initially disappointed oly because I was expecting Mel Gibson do something crazy. As I dove deeper into the story that I realized it was an amazing drama. Many years later, I found a similarly themed movie which was the Emperors Club. That one was also amazing and pretty much contemporary for what is happening in our socio-political scene.

:lol:. I liked it too. Haven't seen it since the late 90's or early 2000’s back when cable had that rolling guide.

Haven't seen Emperor's Club tho
if you liked Man Without a Face, I highly recommend The Emperor's Club. it's an amazing drama and I won't give any spoilers nor do some previews. not sure why these kinds of amazing movies don't do well in the box-office but I'm glad to have watched them by accident or sheer stupidity.

Watched Predator with my wife earlier this week and she watched Prey with friends while I was out of town. Now she wants to watch the rest of the Predator series. Looking forward to that and trying to see if I can convince her to also watch the Alien and AvP series too. I’ve always been intrigued by AvP but have only seen Alien, Aliens, Predator, and bit and pieces of Predators. She’s seen Alien, Predator and now Prey and is convinced Aliens are no match for Predators cause of their technology and healing ability

For those that enjoy or want to listen to movie podcasts, I recommend Cinephobe. It's a little bit of How Did This Get Made?, but it's different and I like the hosts. They're basketball guys Zach Harper of the Athletic and Amin Elhassan formerly of ESPN and with Lebatard, and both from the OG True Hoops Days. It's a great movie pod where they review movies under 40% on RT to see if they're really that bad or if the critics/fans got it wrong.

Some of the movies borderline on "this is an underrated classic" to "this is a sin to my eyes".

Currently watching Heart Condition, where Denzel dies and his heart goes to Bob Hoskins, a racist cop... oh and Denzel was dating his exgirlfriend. It's bonkers and I've never heard of it before and Denzel just gave the guy another heart attack by shouting the N-word at him... did I mention Denzel is a ghost? Denzel is a ghost.
This and Carbon Copy had my crew at work dying. Straight how the hell did these get made?

I guess it’s a short film, and people think it’s just an ad that was commissioned by a?beer/alcohol company called 100 Years.. Said release date is in the year 2115, and that a glass case where it’s held will open automatically :lol:

Anyone seen Quick Change? Saw a clip of the robbery randomly and it was hilarious

I must keep @‘ing CP on accident

CP you’ve seen Fast 4 and wrote toward a book jacket about it (that mine scene everyone shoulda been dead) yet, there are classics you haven’t seen :lol:

Back
Top Bottom