Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

How is Stranger superior to TWD?

Also, what part of my claim is false? "Terrible story writing, inexcusable plot holes, some of the main actors are just absolutely horrible at their job which is why they're not in anything else of note but this particular show blew up so here they are."

-foe
Okay first off. I take it we're on the same page re: Walking Dead. Abysmal show. That said, Stranger is superior in almost all ways. Acting, especially writing, the special effects. David Harbour and Wynona Ryder aren't bad actors AT ALL and have absolutely been in other high profile stuff. How far into the show are you? Are you turned off by the show being a natural nostalgia-heavy trip? I mean it's not perfect and I'm not saying its my favorite show. But I would never insult it by saying its as bad a TWD.

I mean I'm a natural nihilist so yes, I'm having a day. 😂😬🤷‍♂️

-foe
Bro then you should already be resigned to the fact that nothing matters, so no need to be upset. Naturally we still find reasons to care about stuff, even silly **** like movies and TV shows and argue over these, but being a nihilist is supposed to bring inner peace.

url

Stranger Things is just The Walking Dead for teenagers.

I don't mean that as a compliment.

Terrible story writing, inexcusable plot holes, some of the main actors are just absolutely horrible at their job which is why they're not in anything else of note but this particular show blew up so here they are.

-foe
Giving me a good reason to never start Stranger Things

TWD is super trash.

Real pathetic what the AMC channel has become.

David Harbour and Wynona Ryder aren't bad actors AT ALL and have absolutely been in other high profile stuff.
Absolutely. I said 'Some of the main actors.are terrible.' You named the 2 best, and I would say they're carrying the show talent wise.

-foe

How far into the show are you?
I've only got the 2-hr finale left. My son and I started it at the beginning of the summer. He LOVES it, and I love doing whatever he loves.
Are you turned off by the show being a natural nostalgia-heavy trip?
Hell if it weren't for the nostalgia I wouldn't have made it this far. 😂 I know the thick nostalgia is a common criticism but I love it.

-foe

Paul Walter Hauser crushes every role he gets.
He’s one of the best Actors today.
Dude is clinical.

I'll give you special effects, far and away better. But writing? Nah. Push. Same with acting.

-foe
Man TWD spent 2 seasons on a farm. Then a season in jail. I stopped caring once they got lost in the woods. The plot and writing are way better on ST, especially the later seasons. Again, not perfect at all and I have my share of criticisms from S3 and 4. I just really don't see the 2 shows competing in the same league. Stranger Things is levels above the Lazy Dead.

finally gonna watch Dr Strange Multiverse tonight

6.3/8. the plot was meh to me. jim halpert, agent peggy carter, forkman, charles xavier?!?!! wut :lol:

wanda and christine :evil:

marvel faltering a bit for me. i liked this better than no way home and love & thunder though

The only reason why things like Stranger Things and Licorice Pizza are getting any love is because of Nostalgia. Other than that they are really really really bad.

About to have a first time viewing this afternoon. Has a 9% critic score on Rotten Tomatoes. I bet it’s going to be amazing. :stoneface:
1660399565213.jpeg

Ive seen it. Quintessential early 00s comedy, peak Tom Green. Not as frat bro-y as some of the classic comedies that will come out a few years later

if you liked Man Without a Face, I highly recommend The Emperor's Club. it's an amazing drama and I won't give any spoilers nor do some previews. not sure why these kinds of amazing movies don't do well in the box-office but I'm glad to have watched them by accident or sheer stupidity.
also one of those similarly themed movies. great movie.

Attachments

• ab67616d0000b273d71ed5e45cfc9f49971dc442.jpg
    ab67616d0000b273d71ed5e45cfc9f49971dc442.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom