Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

AVP is the Best Predator Film, and it's not close.
Read that somebody said it was trash, and I decided to leave that one alone.
Today, today I got time cuz.
:lol:

It’s blowing my mind that y’all are picking the most trash Predator movies to say it’s better than the original.

Like it doesn’t make sense. Is somebody gonna tell me Shane Black’s The Predator is the best one next? :smh:

Be honest, who sent you the PM? Ska? Noskey? Calibee? :lol:

You never come in this thread and somehow found us 1 hour after they were mentioned. :lol: :pimp:

44F89A31-2D88-46F1-ACD9-05D9EB605121.gif

But I’ll entertain a prequel discussion since we’re here. Not gonna put too much energy into this, as I’ve def typed more than I should about them on here before.

Phantom Menace: Some really COOL parts sprinkled in with big trash. 11 year old me loved it. Pod racing. Slapstick comedy with jar jar and r2/C-3PO. Duel lightsaber darth maul/qui gon/obi-wan fight scene. Under water city. Padme’s outfits. That’s all.

Attack of the clones: one of the worst movies I’ve ever tried to watch. I’ve tried watching it 5 or 6 times and can never get all the way through. Nothing redeeming about it. Is this the one where obi wan investigates the white aliens with the long necks? They looked cool. That is all.

Revenge of the Sith: loved it when it came out. Watched it twice in theaters. Many memorable scenes stand out to me and made it an enjoyable experience. Dooku decapitated. General grievous fight scene and obi wan riding the lizard. Obi wan vs anakin was cool as hell. KFC extra crispy anakin getting laced up in the iconic Vader outfit. Thought the last 5 minutes tied everything together with the OG’s nicely. Wookies doing this
D3DE64CC-E8FA-49B0-83F0-03BA13345800.gif

Whatever these things are
7A45B14A-377C-436D-B43D-4155C574285E.png

Dialogue, acting, and stories were horrendous for all of them. But they’re fine for background noise and some cool scenes here and there. I like them about as much as the made for tv Ewok movies.

I guess people put so much energy into the bad parts (jar jar, awful love story, awful dislogue, bad cgi, Vader nooOoooOoooOoooO!!!) Because they have such a strong connection to the OG’s. They are League of Extraordinary Gentleman type quality movies, just treat them like that and keep it moving.

Imagine typing pages of critique about LXG :rofl: :rofl:

It’s blowing my mind that y’all are picking the most trash Predator movies to say it’s better than the original.

Like it doesn’t make sense. Is somebody gonna tell me Shane Black’s The Predator is the best one next? :smh:
not me. while AVP is a great action flick, it doesn't feel like your typical Predator film. introducing the Xenomorphs into the mix between the battle between human warriors and Predators while sounds interesting becomes convoluted. Humans becoming sacrificial vessels to produce warrior xenomorphs to fight Predators pretty much destroys the lore between the purpose of the Predators coming to earth. it's a mess.

Be honest, who sent you the PM? Ska? Noskey? Calibee? :lol:

You never come in this thread and somehow found us 1 hour after they were mentioned. :lol: :pimp:
Lmao I **** you not this is the first time I’ve ever clicked on this thread 😆.

It’s like George Lucas summoned me himself.

I’m not even going to argue on behalf of the prequels, I’ve don’t it too many times I don’t have the energy anymore 😂.

1978 these movies came out: Grease, Animal House, Superman, Jaws 2, Halloween, and The Deer Hunter came out:

Which of Superman, Jaws 2 (I’ve seen the first), The Deer Hunter should I see first?

I’ve typed a billion words on the prequels, everyone knows that. I’m sorry for the fans that genuinely like it because it’s “their” Star Wars. I understand them thinking that was cool, at the time. Believe me, I wanted nothing more than to love those films. I was there opening day like everyone else. I couldn’t sleep the night before. I waited “my whole life” for those films. (We’re talkin like maybe 10 years or whatever, but hey. :lol: )

5 minutes in, I was sitting there like WTF? It was atrocious. Dialogue was cheesy as hell, corny lookin characters, ridiculous storyline(s)/plots, green screens had actors lookin 3 feet above the fake characters heads, and I hadn’t even met Jar Jar yet. Then I did. I wish I hadn’t. Meesa kick George’s *** for ever thinking that character was worth it.

Then I just think back to some of his logic……..The Galactic Republic couldn’t get to Naboo because of a blockade……IT’S SPACE, GUYS!!!!! It’s. Space. How bout come around the planet from the other side, where there are no ships? Am I bein too illogical here? You can get to a planet from underneath, from over the top, from the left, from the right, from 180 degrees whatever ships are “blocking” you. But hey, who am I to criticize that the entire Galactic Republic couldn’t do it, buuuuuuuuuuuut an 8 year old boy can……. **** you George.

We cut Darth Maul in half. But he lived.
We cut Anakin in 3rds, and we burnt him to a crisp. But he lived.
We put Boba in the Sarlacc. But he lived.
We made Padme sad, she’s dead. GTFOOHWTBS :smh:

Lemme ask y’all sum………Luke asks Leia, “what do you remember about your mother?” Well……”she died when I was very young” George apparently decided to make that SEVEN GOD DAMN SECONDS OUT HER BIRTH CANAL FOR THE LOVE OF F***!!!!!!! How the blue F*** Leia remember a God damn thing? You wrote this damn story in 1974-75, you had two decades to prepare, you decided to just ignore YOUR OWN DAMN STORY?!?!?!?! Let Padme live thru the final film and she dies off screen when Leia is young/growing up. Oh wait, we needed the all powerful Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo moment. :stoneface:

Ben Kenobi, talking to Luke, he hunted down, and destroyed the Jedi. Simple, right? We got 3 damn films to show this, and what did we get? He killed some kids off screen and got his *** absolutely kicked by the one single Jedi he fought. George, have you ever seen the Originals? Did you maybe take a few notes? You had 3 friggin films and we had to IMAGINE him hunting down and destroying the Jedi rather than use the 8+ hours you had allotted for a trilogy? Huh? You needed to show me Jar Jar and Roger Roger droids more than showing me a fully confused Anakin mixing it up with Jedi and Sith alike? We couldn’t start the story off with some Maul/Palps causin a ruckus, and teenage prodigy Jedi Anakin workin with Yoda/Ben tip toeing between the light and the dark and being in battle with some of these dudes and maybe even learning a thing or two from both sides? I needed Podracing instead? With dumb *** dancing announcers and aliens (Sebulba) that cheat 8 year old boys to win?

Midi-Chlorians, really? Seriously?

It’s cool tho, cuz in the next movie, we gon get Boba Fett!!!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: *leans closer* Whas that? He’s 8 too? Why the **** is he 8, George? Didn’t we already learn that’s a dumb *** play? So we’ll make Jango and let him be cool……..and then kill him immediately? *sigh* Ya know, not that I’m smart or anything, far from it, but we coulda had any age Boba in full uni meeting one Anakin and maybe even mixing it up with him a lil, enough to maybe impress the young Jedi so that when he goes cold, he calls up the Bounty Hunter he was impressed with and they set out to kill some ****, but hey, why would we want to see that, right? We could have the entire Jedi army show up and kill some bugs instead………..

This **** makes my head hurt, man. Honestly, it’s absolutely sad that this was taken from us.

To get to the 3rd friggin film, go another 2ish hours and we STILL are looking at Jedi Hero Anakin Skywalker, who is about to have a baby, has the woman he loves, and is searching for the Sith with the rest of the Jedi. 16 minutes later, credits roll. Are you ****in kidding me? Yes, we got a single shot of him in the Vader suit, folding his arms. Yippee. :smh:

3 films man. Peak Jedi era. Jedi Council. Yoda, Anakin, Mace, Qwi-Gon, Obi Wan, and 97 random extras with Light Sabers. They rolled up on Palps with a whole 5 Jedi, and 4 of them were dead before he got his lightsaber fully erect. So naturally Yoda and Obi Wan had to just give up and go into hiding for 2 decades hoping an infant would grow up then we’ll lie to him about his father and he’ll want to follow us anyways and defeat his father…….. *puts head down*

I’ve typed a billion words on the prequels, everyone knows that. I’m sorry for the fans that genuinely like it because it’s “their” Star Wars. I understand them thinking that was cool, at the time. Believe me, I wanted nothing more than to love those films. I was there opening day like everyone else. I couldn’t sleep the night before. I waited “my whole life” for those films. (We’re talkin like maybe 10 years or whatever, but hey. :lol: )

5 minutes in, I was sitting there like WTF? It was atrocious. Dialogue was cheesy as hell, corny lookin characters, ridiculous storyline(s)/plots, green screens had actors lookin 3 feet above the fake characters heads, and I hadn’t even met Jar Jar yet. Then I did. I wish I hadn’t. Meesa kick George’s *** for ever thinking that character was worth it.

Then I just think back to some of his logic……..The Galactic Republic couldn’t get to Naboo because of a blockade……IT’S SPACE, GUYS!!!!! It’s. Space. How bout come around the planet from the other side, where there are no ships? Am I bein too illogical here? You can get to a planet from underneath, from over the top, from the left, from the right, from 180 degrees whatever ships are “blocking” you. But hey, who am I to criticize that the entire Galactic Republic couldn’t do it, buuuuuuuuuuuut an 8 year old boy can……. **** you George.

We cut Darth Maul in half. But he lived.
We cut Anakin in 3rds, and we burnt him to a crisp. But he lived.
We put Boba in the Sarlacc. But he lived.
We made Padme sad, she’s dead. GTFOOHWTBS :smh:

Lemme ask y’all sum………Luke asks Leia, “what do you remember about your mother?” Well……”she died when I was very young” George apparently decided to make that SEVEN GOD DAMN SECONDS OUT HER BIRTH CANAL FOR THE LOVE OF F***!!!!!!! How the blue F*** Leia remember a God damn thing? You wrote this damn story in 1974-75, you had two decades to prepare, you decided to just ignore YOUR OWN DAMN STORY?!?!?!?! Let Padme live thru the final film and she dies off screen when Leia is young/growing up. Oh wait, we needed the all powerful Noooooooooooooooooooooooooo moment. :stoneface:

Ben Kenobi, talking to Luke, he hunted down, and destroyed the Jedi. Simple, right? We got 3 damn films to show this, and what did we get? He killed some kids off screen and got his *** absolutely kicked by the one single Jedi he fought. George, have you ever seen the Originals? Did you maybe take a few notes? You had 3 friggin films and we had to IMAGINE him hunting down and destroying the Jedi rather than use the 8+ hours you had allotted for a trilogy? Huh? You needed to show me Jar Jar and Roger Roger droids more than showing me a fully confused Anakin mixing it up with Jedi and Sith alike? We couldn’t start the story off with some Maul/Palps causin a ruckus, and teenage prodigy Jedi Anakin workin with Yoda/Ben tip toeing between the light and the dark and being in battle with some of these dudes and maybe even learning a thing or two from both sides? I needed Podracing instead? With dumb *** dancing announcers and aliens (Sebulba) that cheat 8 year old boys to win?

Midi-Chlorians, really? Seriously?

It’s cool tho, cuz in the next movie, we gon get Boba Fett!!!! :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: *leans closer* Whas that? He’s 8 too? Why the **** is he 8, George? Didn’t we already learn that’s a dumb *** play? So we’ll make Jango and let him be cool……..and then kill him immediately? *sigh* Ya know, not that I’m smart or anything, far from it, but we coulda had any age Boba in full uni meeting one Anakin and maybe even mixing it up with him a lil, enough to maybe impress the young Jedi so that when he goes cold, he calls up the Bounty Hunter he was impressed with and they set out to kill some ****, but hey, why would we want to see that, right? We could have the entire Jedi army show up and kill some bugs instead………..

This **** makes my head hurt, man. Honestly, it’s absolutely sad that this was taken from us.

To get to the 3rd friggin film, go another 2ish hours and we STILL are looking at Jedi Hero Anakin Skywalker, who is about to have a baby, has the woman he loves, and is searching for the Sith with the rest of the Jedi. 16 minutes later, credits roll. Are you ****in kidding me? Yes, we got a single shot of him in the Vader suit, folding his arms. Yippee. :smh:

3 films man. Peak Jedi era. Jedi Council. Yoda, Anakin, Mace, Qwi-Gon, Obi Wan, and 97 random extras with Light Sabers. They rolled up on Palps with a whole 5 Jedi, and 4 of them were dead before he got his lightsaber fully erect. So naturally Yoda and Obi Wan had to just give up and go into hiding for 2 decades hoping an infant would grow up then we’ll lie to him about his father and he’ll want to follow us anyways and defeat his father…….. *puts head down*
You rilin me up homeboy, you’re lucky I don’t have a real keyboard around 😂

You rilin me up homeboy, you’re lucky I don’t have a real keyboard around 😂

Not tryin to rile you up at all. We actually rarely talk SW in this thread, Bronson just loves teasin me about the prequels and we started riffin. You and I both know our stance. It's a matter of perspective for anyone, I get that. At least we are on the same side on the Sequel Trilogy. :smokin

:lol: @ adding in 'we cut up Anakin burned him to a crisp yet he lived.'

Was he suppose to die? Imagine that :rofl: Talking about things not making sense.

OG Predator always had a place in my heart since my Father and Unlce dragged us to the Theatre to see it when we were little but…..everything about AVP was fire to me. Such a cool film and story. It was really good.

With Films going straight to stream while they’re currently in Theaters I find myself super salty I still can’t pay $20 to catch NOPE at home.
If it’s 70days after it’s Theater release before it hits home theaters then, I might just wait until 2025 before I ever watch it.

Back
Top Bottom