Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Caught Bullet Train Over The Weekend And Thought It Was Good. Pretty Funny. Odd The Critics Have Been So Bullish On It.

Honestly think sometimes they want to feel snobby about things.
This. I be watching films with a < 10% critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes but it doesn’t bother me. It ain’t my fault critics can’t see the underlying beauty/nuances.

Kind of like how folks fail to see the the depth/layers of the Star Wars prequels. But we’ll discuss that another day.

8t1fest4suh91.jpg

I’m such a fan of practical effects. One of the main reasons I can’t really mess with newer and newer Jurassic park movies. Practical effects are still king to me.

See; Mad Max Fury Road

Kind of like how folks fail to see the the depth/layers of the Star Wars prequels. But we’ll discuss that another day.

Yea, no. You can pick any ****in day you want, you'll be talkin out your *** to piss me off and nothin more. :lol:

There wasn't no damn depth or layers in that bull****, he just got paid to make a billion lunch boxes and went with it. Don't try to make it what it wasn't.

I’m such a fan of practical effects. One of the main reasons I can’t really mess with newer and newer Jurassic park movies. Practical effects are still king to me.

See; Mad Max Fury Road

Re: Jurassic Park. I so agree with you! My natural response is always: “The dinosaurs looked better in 1993.”

Yea, no. You can pick any ****in day you want, you'll be talkin out your *** to piss me off and nothin more. :lol:

There wasn't no damn depth or layers in that bull****, he just got paid to make a billion lunch boxes and went with it. Don't try to make it what it wasn't.
When I try to post anything pro-pequel trilogy related in C CP1708 ’s thread :lol:
1660590073600.gif

When I try to post anything pro-pequel trilogy related in C CP1708 ’s thread :lol:
1660590073600.gif

Oh you can type it. I'll even read it. But understand......I will type back. :lol:

You might get some of that artistic **** in there, I'll allow that. The color schemes that revolve around the OG trilogy, I actually do like that.

Only prob is, it's wrapped around a God awful 8ish hours of trash and maybe 20-30 minutes of decency. (Mostly Maul)

He screwed up stories for Anakin, Boba Fett, Maul, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Palpatine, and wasted Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman and Sam Jackson. How TF do you do that? He pulled in a lunger in Grievous FROM A CARTOON and didn't bother to connect those dots in the damn film man. :lol: :rofl:

Good luck to you. Truly. I will appreciate the effort but I won't allow people to try and spin what that man did. Hell, I'll even ask why he spent years ruining the OG's for no reason, but hasn't tried to improve the Prequels. :lol: :nerd:

Oh you can type it. I'll even read it. But understand......I will type back. :lol:

You might get some of that artistic **** in there, I'll allow that. The color schemes that revolve around the OG trilogy, I actually do like that.

Only prob is, it's wrapped around a God awful 8ish hours of trash and maybe 20-30 minutes of decency. (Mostly Maul)

He screwed up stories for Anakin, Boba Fett, Maul, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Palpatine, and wasted Liam Neeson, Natalie Portman and Sam Jackson. How TF do you do that? He pulled in a lunger in Grievous FROM A CARTOON and didn't bother to connect those dots in the damn film man. :lol: :rofl:

Good luck to you. Truly. I will appreciate the effort but I won't allow people to try and spin what that man did. Hell, I'll even ask why he spent years ruining the OG's for no reason, but hasn't tried to improve the Prequels. :lol: :nerd:
On a serious note though, as I mentioned before: I’ve always enjoyed your Star Wars posts. You’re passionate about film and I can relate to that!

calibeebee calibeebee Just wondering how you feel about the character Eddie Carr in The Lost World: Jurassic Park? Personally I think it sucks that he was killed off. He was one of the best characters in the film imo.

1660593527521.jpeg

C CP1708 By any chance, have you checked out RedLetterMedia’s reviews of the SW prequels? He makes a very good case as to why the prequels weren’t good. (In his opinion, of course.)

Even as someone who likes the prequels, I have to admit he makes lots of cool points and his knowledge of film is undeniable. Plus he’s a pretty funny guy.

Here is his review of The Phantom Menace, for example

Back
Top Bottom