Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I couldn’t even begin to pick a top 10 90’s movie list. Specific genre, maybe. But straight up top 10?

CD19AFB5-7157-4D63-A049-52AEBC4B2C60.gif
Not going to do it, man. Been thinking a lot about this lately and I'm going to try to ween myself off the obsession our culture has with comparing/ranking things. Whether movies, music, sports, food, etc. I'm just going to try to enjoy **** on its own merits.

Thank you for coming to my impromtu Ted Talk.

Completely forgot (maybe didn’t realize the first time) that when Pam interviewed to work in a Philly real estate office in a later season of The Office that Bob Odenkirk played the boss of that office who acted exactly like Michael Scott. He nailed it :lol:

Completely forgot (maybe didn’t realize the first time) that when Pam interviewed to work in a Philly real estate office in a later season of The Office that Bob Odenkirk played the boss of that office who acted exactly like Michael Scott. He nailed it :lol:

I’ll try.

Top 10 (no order):
Toy Story
Fargo
Jurassic Park
Boyz N the Hood
Shawshank Redemption
Legend of the Drunken Master
The Usual Suspects
What Dreams May Come
Rumble in the Bronx
Friday

There are atleast a half dozen movies I felt bad leaving off

I’ll try.

Top 10 (no order):
Toy Story
Fargo
Jurassic Park
Boyz N the Hood
Shawshank Redemption
The Usual Suspects
What Dreams May Come
Rumble in the Bronx
Friday

I remember What Dreams May Come due to my brother hating it so much. I can understand because he didn't get what the story was all about. Me, on the otherhand loved it since I knew what it was considering it was based on literature we've learned and studied in class regarding Dante's Inferno and the 9 Levels of Hell. amazing film.

I remember What Dreams May Come due to my brother hating it so much. I can understand because he didn't get what the story was all about. Me, on the otherhand loved it since I knew what it was considering it was based on literature we've learned and studied in class regarding Dante's Inferno and the 9 Levels of Hell. amazing film.
Agreed. That movie and Big Fish were my favorite fantasy movies when I was younger.

My parents rented it when I was younger and I remembered bits and pieces. I rediscovered it in college due to a Hugo Red Rose YT music video of a StewRat song. I sought it out, watched it in full, and been one of my favorite movies ever since. Never read the book but I do enjoy Matheson’s work that I have read

I'm going to try to ween myself off the obsession our culture has with comparing/ranking things.
Been on this vibe every since Kobe died, man. It just really got me thinking along the lines of "Kobe was great. Jordan was great. Lebron is great."
"Yeah but which one was the better of the 3?"
"Why? I'm privileged that I got to see all 3 in their prime."
"Yeah but which one is the best? And who's the WORST?"
"Why?"
"Because it's what we do! We gotta compare and rank!"
"Nah, you all can keep on. I'm good. PHENOMENAL basketball players, all 3."

And that lack of desire to rank has bled to other things, too, like you alluded to.

That being said: Breaking Bad > *.

-foe

I’ll try.

Top 10 (no order):
Toy Story
Fargo
Jurassic Park
Boyz N the Hood
Shawshank Redemption
The Usual Suspects
What Dreams May Come
Rumble in the Bronx
Friday

Aw man IDK how I forgot Fargo. That's in my top 10 all time :lol:

The power-scaling calling got really weird with DragonBall Super, but I will definitely check out this movie especially considering that the Broly one was great.
Well it's DragonBall. I stopped caring about power ratings since long after SS4.

No idea on this platform how to share videos/tweets, but there's one I just on Twitter with Matt Damon that I thought was really good.

He's talking about the difference in movies being made now vs 20-30 years ago, and he mentioned how DVD sales were a second source of income for the films and now, without that, it's harder to make some of those movies. I had not thought of that yet. (mostly because I am one who still buys tons of Blu Rays I guess)

Gray Man - i enjoyed it quite a bit. wouldn't call it great but it was a good watch. was kind of fun seeing Chris Evans in the bad guy role but clearly they did a lot try and make him look unlikeable with that stache and was it lipstick? :lol:

Last edited:
No idea on this platform how to share videos/tweets, but there's one I just on Twitter with Matt Damon that I thought was really good.

He's talking about the difference in movies being made now vs 20-30 years ago, and he mentioned how DVD sales were a second source of income for the films and now, without that, it's harder to make some of those movies. I had not thought of that yet. (mostly because I am one who still buys tons of Blu Rays I guess)

?

Back
Top Bottom