Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

NGL, watching it real time when it first came out, C CP1708 , I loved Jar Jar. Thought he was a good comedic shot in the arm. It took me a few years to find him annoying. 🤣😬🤷‍♂️

-foe

NGL, watching it real time when it first came out, C CP1708 , I loved Jar Jar. Thought he was a good cometic shot in the arm. It took me a few years to find him annoying. 🤣😬🤷‍♂️

-foe
I personally found his character to be appropriate within the context in which he appeared in the Star Wars timeline.

He was around during the Republic. We’re dealing with a “lighter” time. Not as serious.

We get less and less of him as we progress through the prequel trilogy. Which makes sense because the films become increasingly darker in nature as we move forward and witness the downfall of the Republic and the eventual establishment of the Empire.

Last edited:
1980 Flash Gordon is maybe the best bad movie ever and it is amazing to watch stoned.
Speaking of bad movies that are good, I want to check out Showgirls (1995)

I remember watching a video on youtube: It was a video showing Times Square at night, in the year 1995, and in the video there was a visible Showgirls ad, amongst a beautifully lit up Manhattan. I thought it was cool. I’ve been wanting to watch the movie ever since.

It's

fa787c4d935dab43de834fe5fac23bfd.jpg

greatest film ever

On the topic of cool movie posters from a couple weeks back
5AB9AAEB-2C23-4915-BAFA-E72A4149825A.jpeg

I can’t remember a single scene from this movie. This poster instantly pops up in my mind when I hear the name though.

Started watching The Woodsman for the first time, but fell asleep halfway through. Solid cast and it's really good so far. Not sure how I've seen it before.

Got caught up watching this...

51M+BvP9Z0L._AC_.jpg

... didn't even know what "The Friends of Eddie Coyle" was until I started watching then began looking it up: 98% on RT, 87% audience score. 1973 crime drama directed by Peter Yates.

Back
Top Bottom