Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What didn’t you like about it

im sure it's a reason people liked it, but trying to get artsy with this one didn't work for me :lol:

like the story and premise was fine but i just found myself bored watching it at various points of the movie

i finally watched The Northman. what an effin let down, man :smh:

boo-boo-this-man.gif

calibeebee calibeebee I recall you being pleased with The Batman. And that time, you were yet to finish the film in its entirety. Would love to hear your thoughts on the film, having completed it and all.

Also, did you watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Hope you kept your word, as a good friend should. :frown:

Last edited:
So in 2002 M. Night Shyamalan stated that he “polished the screenplay” only to claim in 2013 that he didn’t polish the script, but ghost wrote the movie.
1662499756343.jpeg

I kind of get the Northman criticism. I personally liked it but felt they could have chopped off about 30 minutes to make the film more structured. Some of the artsy scenes felt unnecessary and left you waiting for the fight scenes or the story to get moving.

I kind of get the Northman criticism. I personally liked it but felt they could have chopped off about 30 minutes to make the film more structured. Some of the artsy scenes felt unnecessary and left you waiting for the fight scenes or the story to get moving.

thank-you-the-office.gif

calibeebee calibeebee

Calibeebee: So uh, how about my homework Bronson?
Bronson: Uh, okay Cali well I’ll uh…I’ll finish that on up tonight and then I’ll uh bring it over first thing tomorrow morning.
Calibeebee: Hey not too early I sleep in on Sundays oh Bronson your shoe’s untied!
Calibeebee: Don’t be so gullible, Bronson!
Bronson: Okay.
1662501906544.gif

Last edited:
If you gotta ask, no. A lot of it is just carried nostalgia, just not overly cheesy and ruined. If you were into it and going to see it regardless, yes it's that good.
I didn’t watch it so I was curious. It’s making mad money and got good critical reviews. Just didn’t know it was doing that well.

calibeebee calibeebee I recall you being pleased with The Batman. And that time, you were yet to finish the film in its entirety. Would love to hear your thoughts on the film, having completed it and all.

Also, did you watch Fast Times at Ridgemont High? Hope you kept your word, as a good friend should. :frown:

I think my initial rating was 7.8/8 before the end? After finishing the last 40ish minutes, I lowered my score a little bit. Prob a 7.6 final score. I wanted a bit more dramatic and exciting ending, but that’s just because the build up was so great.

They had me on the edge of my seat the whole movie with the whodunnit murder mystery/buddy cop type feel. I really didn’t want it to end and when it did, I just felt kinda like well damn!

All aspects of the film got the highest ratings from me, but if the ending was more on par with a Se7en type sendoff, then it could have pulled the elusive 8/8 from me.

Top gun Maverick was an excellently made action movie Great stunts solid acting memorable set pieces, simple narrative but the emotional connection to the previous movie made it work. Simple as that

Saw Jaws in IMAX tonight. Definitely worth a trip to the theater to see it on the big screen

Back
Top Bottom