Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Was this movie that good?

I posted in here before asking the same thing :lol: I wasn't head over heels for the first one though, so whatever. I'll just chalk it up to not being for me and/or my demographic

I think my initial rating was 7.8/8 before the end? After finishing the last 40ish minutes, I lowered my score a little bit. Prob a 7.6 final score. I wanted a bit more dramatic and exciting ending, but that’s just because the build up was so great.

They had me on the edge of my seat the whole movie with the whodunnit murder mystery/buddy cop type feel. I really didn’t want it to end and when it did, I just felt kinda like well damn!

All aspects of the film got the highest ratings from me, but if the ending was more on par with a Se7en type sendoff, then it could have pulled the elusive 8/8 from me.

I probably would have liked The Batman more if it wasn't a Batman movie :lol: I still liked it, to be clear. It just felt like the Batman elements were added as icing on the cake to an already complete story

Now, I know we’ve covered this before and I apologize for repeating myself here, but just a friendly reminder: Attack of the Clones and The Empire Strikes Back are the two greatest Star Wars films ever made.

Memorize this chart, you must.
#Ring Composition
1662479968881.png

http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/ring-composition-chiasmus-hidden-artistry-star-wars-prequels/4/

Key points from the article to keep in mind:

-Clones begins where Empire ends. Clones ends where Empire begins. In the underground caverns of a barren wasteland. Geonosis in Clones and Hoth in Empire.

-Clones is not telling the story of Empire in reverse.

-It should be read in terms of high and low.

Key point to keep in mind:
Empire: Great
Clones: Trash

High, and low. 👌

Wanted to bring to light one of the most underrated comedies of alltime. Drowning Mona (2000) Affleck choking out midler gotta be my top 5 funniest scenes in a movie. Peep the cast:

Danny Devito
Bette Midler
Casey Affleck
Neve Campbell (bae)
Jamie Lee Curtis
William Fitchner
Also a pre-super star will Ferrell
Also a pre-super star Melissa McCarthy

One of the funniest movies ever made. I’m not sure why it’s slept on so hard?

The whole town whippin Yugo cars :rofl:

The different versions of the story :lol:

One armed dude :rofl:

ALSO, I don’t know if any of you are familiar with Tracy Walter? He’s a great friend of Devito’s and appears in a lot of his movies. He has a great role in this.

Some other devito things he’s in:

IASIP: The fapping bum
6D2FD3EE-6593-4E57-9C92-35FE03C3937F.jpeg

Matilda: FBI agent Bill
E15674E0-6124-4423-9BED-E72DF31C5E7E.jpeg

Drowning Mona:
15D15291-28E8-4964-88FB-60BDE6BB6F3E.jpeg

He was also Bob the Goon in Tim Burtons Batman(1989) which is a small devito connection. Maybe he got Danny his audition for penguin in the sequel???
3CD83639-B5F8-49F1-BA45-B7CC41391772.jpeg

Anyways, check it out if you get a chance. Certified classic :pimp:

Last edited:
ELVIS is finally on CABLE.
I didn’t know Baz Luhrmann did this.
I looked it up on IMDB 10minutes in.
Not that I needed to.
It smacks you right in the Face.

Wanted to bring to light one of the most underrated comedies of alltime. Drowning Mona (2000) Affleck choking out midler gotta be my top 5 funniest scenes in a movie. Peep the cast:

Danny Devito
Bette Midler
Casey Affleck
Neve Campbell (bae)
Jamie Lee Curtis
William Fitchner

ALSO, I don’t know if any of you are familiar with Tracy Walter? He’s a great friend of Devito’s and appears in a lot of his movies. He has a great role in this.

Drowning Mona:

He was also Bob the Goon in Tim Burtons Batman(1989) which is a small devito connection. Maybe he got Danny his audition for penguin in the sequel???

Didn't know who Tracy Walter was until he was brought up on the Always Sunny podcast and now recognize him :lol:

Danny Devito
Bette Midler
Casey Affleck
Neve Campbell (bae)
Jamie Lee Curtis
William Fitchner

ALSO, I don’t know if any of you are familiar with Tracy Walter? He’s a great friend of Devito’s and appears in a lot of his movies. He has a great roll in this.

Drowning Mona:

I'll check it out.
Didn't know who Tracy Walter was until he was brought up on the Always Sunny podcast and now recognize him :lol:
never knew him except the henchman that got shot by the Joker.

Entertainment media is latching on to way too much extra-curricular activity concerning Don't Worry Darling

Which makes me think the actual movie is gonna be trash :lol:

Back
Top Bottom