Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Today (free on Youtube)

39fd1a6fcb7ef90084891c5a86e1a8d4.jpg

This was a cool watch. Gnarly practical effects :pimp: and it is always interesting to see the sensibilities of foreign directors. Premise is pretty meta, but I doubt it would hold up given today's climate (panic and disaster contained in a movie theater)

Also interesting that the movie was shot in English, but nearly 100% of the dialogue was dubbed anyway. Ish sounds like an episode of Speed Racer :lol:

There's no one group of right answers.

Name an actor and maybe the movie(s) and TV series where they were at their best to support the claim.

Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Power of the Dog, Into Darkness, Black Mass, Patrick Melrose) and George Clooney (ER and most of his movies) come to mind.

Definitely Idris and Woody just off TD alone but probably better if they've done it multiple times.

Some others that pop up for me:

Michael Sheen - Frost/Nixon, Unthinkable, Good Omens, Masters of Sex
Cillian Murphy - Peaky Blinders, Inception, 28 Days Later, pick a movie really

There are definitely wrong answers though :lol:

Also there are some locks. If your see these women

Margo_Martindale_MFF_2016.jpg

MV5BMjIwMTc0NzA0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDIwMjk4OA@@._V1_.jpg

No resumes needed
Ann Dowd in The Leftovers & Handmaid's tail :emoji_fire:

Also, I saw Black Adam in a different AMC. The my normal one I'll normally see an older limax screen. No reclining seats but still a big screen which is great. Sound great picture but they retrofitted the theater so the seats barely fit like I'm scrunched up. Anyway, this theater was clearly brand new, looked awesome. Seats were crazy comfortable but it's just a regular theater. Regular screen, regular sound and holy crap. It was awful. I felt like I couldn't hear anything. I felt like there was no base in the theater. I was just very disappointed and I'm just like yeah no this is not the move. That or the sound mixing in this movie was trash

Back
Top Bottom