Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Hares a good question?

Which actors do you consider among the best in both film/big screen and TV/small screen? :nerd:
Just some I can think of off top.

Steve Carrell (career took off after 40 Year Old Virgin and had one of the most memorable network TV shows)
Kyle Chandler (more of a TV guy that pops up in movies but I really liked his parts in Wolf of Wall Street)
Michael B Jordan (perfect fit for this category really)

Oscar Isaac.
Viola Davis.
Pedro Pascal? Not a lot of good movies in his resume, but he sure does deliver what he's asked to.

Hasn’t done TV work for a while, but George Clooney has hits in both formats.

Woody Harrelson, Steve Buscemi come to mind as well.

It's pretty much 1 or 2 blockbuster TV shows and then killing it on the big screen, right? I mean it's tough for someone to have 3, 4, 5, 6 hit TV shows.

-foe

It's pretty much 1 or 2 blockbuster TV shows and then killing it on the big screen, right? I mean it's tough for someone to have 3, 4, 5, 6 hit TV shows.

-foe
I also gave credit for standout guest appearances on TV shows. Like, Buscemi has Boardwalk Empire, his season on the Sopranos and a really good two episode arc on Homicide: Life on the Streets.

Bryan Cranston was great as Tim Watley in a handful of Seinfeld episodes.

The Munsters (2022) is the perfect movie to put on as background noise if you’re gonna be doing Halloween activities with friends at your place.

It’s pretty bad, but it’s lighthearted. It wasn’t nearly as bad as I expected from just seeing the initial trailer. It has a Disney channel Halloween special vibe to it. Made-for-tv feel. Not much adult humor.

Robb Zombie truly tried to make it just as corny as the original tv show from the 60’s. The only part that I thought was well done, was the set pieces. They were pretty elaborate and cool looking. Put this on during your Halloween party if you have other ways to entertain your guests. If this is all you have planned, then expect them to get bored immediately. 3.2/8

calibeebee calibeebee
Live footage of me entertaining my guests
1666655090925.gif

I enjoyed Black Adam as a popcorn movie. But if I dug too much into it I probably would have to pick it apart a ton. (Probably what critics are doing)
More than anything I enjoyed seein Brosnan.

The end credit was dope. My theater loved it, but knowing DC..... *Shrugs*

Rock's go to move was standing there, staring. I mean.... :lol:
Summed up my thoughts exactly. If you remove the kids from the movie though, it would probably go up 15% on the Rotten tomatoes score immediately. The post credit scene was worth it though

Smile

I thought the movie was dope. Some parts actually creeped me out. I like how they turned something as innocent as a smile into something extremely devious. The song at the end credits makes sense when you look at the movie in this context 😂 :emoji_fire:

King Richard

Finally got around to seeing it this weekend. Movie was great. Really had no knowledge of the Williams family or journey other than the achievements on the court, so watching how everything unfolded was a nice surprise. Obviously Smith slapped this one out of the park. I haven't seen the other movies nominated for best actor but I can see why he won. He always destroys when he plays a real person.

Bronson Bronson Haven’t seen Creep, will watch this week.

Watching Annabelle for the first time, didn’t know this was the second movie in the Conjuring series, already went ahead and saw Conjuring 2 thinking that was the second.

Edris?

Woody Harrelson.

Not sure if she counts, but Kristen Bell?
There's no one group of right answers.

Name an actor and maybe the movie(s) and TV series where they were at their best to support the claim.

Benedict Cumberbatch (Sherlock, Power of the Dog, Into Darkness, Black Mass, Patrick Melrose) and George Clooney (ER and most of his movies) come to mind.

Definitely Idris and Woody just off TD alone but probably better if they've done it multiple times. TV shows for Woody, more movies for Idris.

Some others that pop up for me:

Michael Sheen - Frost/Nixon, Unthinkable, Good Omens, Masters of Sex
Cillian Murphy - Peaky Blinders, Inception, 28 Days Later, pick a movie really

There are definitely wrong answers though :lol:

Also there are some locks. If your see these women

Margo_Martindale_MFF_2016.jpg

MV5BMjIwMTc0NzA0OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDIwMjk4OA@@._V1_.jpg

No resumes needed

Last edited:
Bell has V Mars, Heroes, Lie to Me, and The Good Place.

Film, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, V Mars (not sure if that counts) Frozen.

Back
Top Bottom