Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Steve Carrell can do Brick Tamland, Michael Scott that boss type exaggerated, and serious work. Definitely.

Steve Carrell can do Brick Tamland, Michael Scott that boss type exaggerated, and serious work. Definitely.
Little Miss Sunshine and Crazy, Stupid, Love both great, subtle performances for him.

Little Miss Sunshine and Crazy, Stupid, Love both great, subtle performances for him.
For sure, didn't even sense to go to Rom-Com examples. He's great in Crazy, Stupid, Love. I haven't seen Foxcatcher and Little Miss Sunshine.

C CP1708 , how far into F&F were you before they had your support and admiration? 1st one, they had you? Or somewhere in between 4/5/6?

-foe

tHq19MsKLr21A_5mmQnxoRjopulkpfaPvybJEygZJpM.jpg

C CP1708 , how far into F&F were you before they had your support and admiration? 1st one, they had you? Or somewhere in between 4/5/6?

-foe

I loved the 1st. Saw in theaters. It was Point Break with cars instead of surf boards.

Was bummed with Dom/story changing in 2 Fast. But I stuck with.......then things changed. And history was made.

Franchises do not get bigger. They just don't. Fast 4 was oh damn. 5 went global. 6 went nuclear. 7 went mega nuclear. Like, what franchise EVER does bigger and bigger numbers 5-6-7 films in? :lol: It just doesn't happen. There is zero precedent.

Just wait fam. Just wait....

I loved the 1st. Saw in theaters. It was Point Break with cars instead of surf boards.

Was bummed with Dom/story changing in 2 Fast. But I stuck with.......then things changed. And history was made.

Franchises do not get bigger. They just don't. Fast 4 was oh damn. 5 went global. 6 went nuclear. 7 went mega nuclear. Like, what franchise EVER does bigger and bigger numbers 5-6-7 films in? :lol: It just doesn't happen. There is zero precedent.

Just wait fam. Just wait....
Knocked out 2 w/ the kid last night.

He's enjoying them, so there's that. Worth mentioning: he's 15. 🤣 After this one, he was totally like "Oh my gosh I loved that! Wasn't that awesome?!" And I literally said, "Look, you're a 15 year old boy and I'm positive that's what their target demographic was, and I'm glad you're having fun watching them."
- him: What? You don't like them so far?
- me: I... love that you love them.

Bro, 2 was hot dog water. They jumped a whole hot rod... onto a moving boat... at ONE HUNDRED TWENTY mph.

It's fun. They're fun. I get that.

-foe

I don't really need to watch 3, do I? I mean I own it so it's whatever, but looking at the cast list, no Paul Walker, no Vin, no Luda or Ja, no Michelle Rodriguez. Aaand the title: it's in Tokyo?

We can just skip right on to 4 when we get back to it next week, right?

-foe

Back
Top Bottom