Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

All the **** you're telling darthska darthska now is what you were telling me back then. I just chose to stop cuz I could see no matter what you said or what happened next I would not be enjoying it. Only difference is I don't have a son as an incentive to torture myself to see everything up to date.
'Zactly.
You'd be better off just saying you don't understand why I don't like the franchise
Also I disagree about this all being the same thing and you throwing in FF and Point Break. We just see these movies differently and categorize them differently.
Understanding someone's different perspective has never been a strong point of his as long as I've been on here, which is a long time. 🤣😬

"I understand why you're wrong" is more his forte.

-foe

Also I disagree about this all being the same thing and you throwing in FF and Point Break.

They're literally the same movie.

Fed befriends surfers.
Cop befriends car club.

Fed finds out surfers who he lookin for.
Cop finds out car club who he lookin for.

Fed lets surfer go.
Cop lets car guy go.

Both set in LA.

Involving robberies.

=\=

Fed befriends surfers.
Cop befriends car club.

Fed lets surfer go.
Cop lets car guy go.

Both set in LA.

Involving robberies.

=\=
I get why it's not the same movie. it didn't have Keanu and Patrick. :rofl:

Fed befriends surfers.
Cop befriends car club.

Fed lets surfer go.
Cop lets car guy go.

Both set in LA.

Involving robberies.

=\=
Lol when did Keanu fly into outer space or race a submarine in Antarctica?

An avid reader once told me books are superior to movies.

Even as a film buff, I couldn’t object to that statement.
I admittedly don't read many of the books before or after they're adapted to movies (more of a non fiction reader these days) but this statement definitely rings true. There's just too much a book can cover that fitting everything into 1.5-2hrs would be near impossible.

reading these discussions makes me point out one of the most ridiculous scenes in cinematic history. make "diving to your death" look COOL !!!

I guess they wanted to simulate the coolness of this particular scene in a movie.

Not at all. They're still 1 story in 9 parts. It's not like 1-3 is a trilogy about one ring to rule them all, with the 4-6 trilogy being about some adventurer who daringly seeks out ancient artifacts, then the 7-9 trilogy finishes up with a whole new story about a secret society of government agents who fight aliens on planet Earth while wearing black.

Nope. 1-9, same story, different parts. It's a 9-part story.

-foe
The prequel trilogy is about how the Empire came in to power and took over the galaxy as well as Darth Vader's origin.

The original trilogy is about the rebellion against the empire and return of the jedi after they were wiped out in the PT.

The sequel trilogy is about how they ****** that up? And let a copy cat empire kill billions and/or how bad parenting or a horrible teacher/uncle turned a student/nephew in to a mass murderer? And then how the emperor's granddaughter stops the emperor from taking over the galaxy again.

Same universe. Same continuity. 3 different stories.

Perhaps you have a different definition of story as it pertains to movies.

I don't think House of the Dragon s1/Fire & Blood is the same story as Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice & Fire just cuz they share the same history and may mention the same characters or even cuz the events of one may effect the story of the other. They're two different stories.

For Star Wars especially its not all the same story simply due to the fact that George Lucas had nothing to do with the sequel trilogy compared to him having a plan for each trilogy he helmed. It doesn't matter that Disney wants to call it the Skywalker Saga.

Fed befriends surfers.
Cop befriends car club.

Fed lets surfer go.
Cop lets car guy go.

Both set in LA.

Involving robberies.

=\=
I'm talking about John Wick. I would not group those two movies with John Wick.

Also Point Break is one movie. Show me the scene where Swayze surfed in to space or sky dived with no parachute and landed without any injuries.

And another thing, I don't like Point Break that much either. I feel like I'm repeating myself now though. Keep taking those B12 pills CP.

Last edited:
An avid reader once told me books are superior to movies.
This is such a lazy take. Tell your avid reader friend that this is such a lazy take.

Books are always better than movies because when you read the book, you are the director, you do the casting, you control the camera angles; the reader literally controls everything in their mind. They read the words and then make the movie in their mind. Of course that is going to top whatever even the best directors and most star studded cast can create.

-foe

This is such a lazy take. Tell your avid reader friend that this is such a lazy take.

Books are always better than movies because when you read the book, you are the director, you do the casting, you control the camera angles; the reader literally controls everything in their mind. They read the words and then make the movie in their mind. Of course that is going to top whatever even the best directors and most star studded cast can create.

-foe
Lol you got it Ska

FEC33B6D-2522-4505-A172-288EFAF1414B.jpeg

-foe
Pretty pretentious when you think about it. Your own made up fantasy vs hundreds of people's involvement in a project.

Perhaps you have a different definition of story as it pertains to movies.
I think we do differ here, and that's fine.
I don't think House of the Dragon s1/Fire & Blood is the same story as Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice & Fire just cuz they share the same history and may mention the same characters or even cuz the events of one may effect the story of the other. They're two different stories.
Yeah I love HotD and I do look at it as the same story. It's hard for me to see Targaryens and Baratheons and Lannisters and dragons and tell myself "This is a totally different story." 😬 It feels like a previous chapter of the same story, with the story being... the... game of... thrones. 👀😂🤷‍♂️

But like Batman and Back to the Future, completely different stories. Fantastic Beasts & Harry Potter? Yeah... wizards and trolls and Dumbledore; same story to me. 👀😬🤷‍♂️

-foe

Back
Top Bottom