Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

scream 6 was good. 5 was great for nostalgic reasons but 6 is a true "requel" flick. i was mostly surprised. they calmly explained sydney not being in it without overdoing it. first one i truly felt i need to watch the first 5 to really grasp this.

8/10

Watching the 2005 House of Wax, forgot this movie started so weird, I don’t remember much of anything since I saw it except a bad clipping scene.

About to watch a film called PLEASURE.
Sounds trash, and trashy…watching.
The lead is intriguing.
Open scene even more so.
Shorty in the shower shaving the cooter, full view.”

Yea okay so, yea.
Ummm, Ninja Thyberg is a real one.
Batch ****.
Sitting here like do I really just watch that?…,yes, YES.

Yea, I think it's confirmed, Scream 6 is the second best. (No Scream film is ever going to beat #1 but this gives it a run for it's money)

Scream
Scream 6
Scream 2
Scream 5
Scream 4
Scream 3

If they had the guts and pulled off 4 like I asked, that would a been #2 all time then, alas.....

I found 1-2 more flaws on the 2nd view but they were really minor and didn't really take away from the story at all.

Jenna Ortega run.....
X
Scream 5
Wednesday
Scream 6
Wednesday S2

And now possibly Beatlejuice sequel? 8o :hat
(And Scream 7 very likely)

And she's not even 21 yet. That's a helluva start to a career.

Recent watch. It was pretty cool 6/8

1678650548931.jpeg

Zero clue how she lost best actress in ‘93

her and denzel as Malcolm, zero clue how they lost

i know the academy eats up biopics.. but those 2 were good at the time and even better looking back

I don’t know who won in ‘93 but I’ve always assumed Angela won for That role.
Even after your post I still can’t quite believe that she didn’t.
How Tf did she not?
Who Tf did?

I don’t know who won in ‘93 but I’ve always assumed Angela won for That role.
Even after your post I still can’t quite believe that she didn’t.
How Tf did she not?
Who Tf did?

Holly Hunter won for the piano

ive never watched that movie.. and here we are 30 years later and everyone knows Angela did work on what’s love got to do with it

That's why there's the conspiracy that Leo didn't win for the longest because once you win you dont get anything after/You can semi retire gracefully. Making him work nonstop because Hollywood needs product to sell and he can sell. similar note is when Rami got the oscar for Freddie Mercury he also got nothing for a minute. off top they gave him the Bond villain role which was lackluster but i think that was a bit after

Totally forgot the Oscars are tonight

Taking a break from Lost.

Starting Sherlock on BBC (pause)

I’ve seen a couple episodes years ago finally found a place to stream it.

Crackle for those wondering.

The intro is FLAMES!!!!!
Sherlock made me a fan of Cumberbatch.

It had great writing and character development. Benedict and Martin really step up and shine.

acting awards for biopics are cheap, no one can tell me otherwise.

For the most part I agree. I don’t give a **** about a good rendition of Tammy Faye if the movie is not good. It’s the most surefire rocket boost into Oscar contention.
I think this is part of the reason why I’ve reached the point the genre generally doesn’t interest me and I don’t watch them, regardless of how good the reviews are.

If I want to know more about a real person, I’d rather watch a documentary or read a book.

I also echo the sentiment on biopics but am guilty of watching many of them since the subjects generally interest me. I tried watching Elvis, got half way through but was just bored, don't get the hype on Butler being up for the best actor.

someone gotta explain to me how much of an achievement it is to portray a real life person, let alone people as publicized and well documented as Elvis and to a lesser extent Freddie Mercury

FOREVER PURGE

I’ve never heard or seen anything about this?
Straight to Video or what?
Anyway, I’m watching it.

They seem to get worse with each release but this preview was kind of fire.

FOREVER PURGE

I’ve never heard or seen anything about this?
Straight to Video or what?
Anyway, I’m watching it.

They seem to get worse with each release but this preview was kind of fire.
I believe it came out during the pandemic and was quick to streaming if not right away. Getting Josh Lucas for it was a pretty big get for that late in the movie series.

Oh chit, OSCARS are on?
Yea who cares, watching Forever Purge, instead.
Jamie Lee Curtis winning for THAT ROLE, tells me all that I need to know.

someone gotta explain to me how much of an achievement it is to portray a real life person, let alone people as publicized and well documented as Elvis and to a lesser extent Freddie Mercury
Acting to the point you can emulate a real person let alone a famous iconic one is a talent.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom