Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

someone gotta explain to me how much of an achievement it is to portray a real life person, let alone people as publicized and well documented as Elvis and to a lesser extent Freddie Mercury
I'm not saying this is worthy of an Oscar, but just to respond to what you said, truly taking on the intonation, characteristics, mannerisms, and persona of a whole other person, that's insanely impressive.

I've said before how much I love Bohemian Rhapsody, and Rami Malik becoming Freddie Mercury is reason number 1. It didn't take very long into the movie at all for me to forget that I was watching an actor. He really took Freddie Mercury upon himself.

That's 🔥🔥🔥

Contrast that with Michael Jace 'playing' Michael Jordan... 😬😬😬

That's why there's the conspiracy that Leo didn't win for the longest because once you win you dont get anything after/You can semi retire gracefully. Making him work nonstop because Hollywood needs product to sell and he can sell. similar note is when Rami got the oscar for Freddie Mercury he also got nothing for a minute. off top they gave him the Bond villain role which was lackluster but i think that was a bit after
Nah. that ain't true.

Acting to the point your can emulate a real person let alone a famous iconic one is a talent.

I'm not saying this is worthy of an Oscar, but just to respond to what you said, truly taking on the intonation, characteristics, mannerisms, and persona of a whole other person, that's insanely impressive.

I've said before how much I love Bohemian Rhapsody, and Rami Malik becoming Freddie Mercury is reason number 1. It didn't take very long into the movie at all for me to forget that I was watching an actor. He really took Freddie Mercury upon himself.

That's 🔥🔥🔥

Contrast that with Michael Jace 'playing' Michael Jordan... 😬😬😬

Fair enough, I can see how playing a popular/famous person and not getting tons of criticism for not doing it “right” is an accomplishment.

Took the dog on a walk between when the one guy won for Cinematography for All Quiet and now this Rihanna performance, did I miss much/anything?

That's why there's the conspiracy that Leo didn't win for the longest because once you win you dont get anything after/You can semi retire gracefully. Making him work nonstop because Hollywood needs product to sell and he can sell. similar note is when Rami got the oscar for Freddie Mercury he also got nothing for a minute. off top they gave him the Bond villain role which was lackluster but i think that was a bit after
Is there another Rami Malik I don't know about? Since he won the Oscar in 2019:
Dolittle
The Little Things
James Bond
Blackout, 29 episodes
Amsterdam

4 movies & 29 episodes. In 3 years.

That's BUSY.

Jack Nicholson won in 1975
Richard Dreyfuss in 1977
Jon Voight in 1978
Dustin Hoffman in 1979
Robert De Niro 1980
Ben Kingsley in 1982
Robert Duvall in 1983
William Hurt in 1985
Michael Douglas in 1987
Daniel Day-Lewis in 1989

We haven't even reached the 90s. And none of those guys semi retired after winning.

Jack Nicholson won in 1975
Richard Dreyfuss in 1977
Jon Voight in 1978
Dustin Hoffman in 1979
Robert De Niro 1980
Ben Kingsley in 1982
Robert Duvall in 1983
William Hurt in 1985
Michael Douglas in 1987
Daniel Day-Lewis in 1989

We haven't even reached the 90s. And none of those guys semi retired after winning.
I’ve heard of a lot of those guys.

Buncha legacy white dudes but nonetheless they worked and starred in movies after. But maybe he's saying if the Academy had given Leo an award for a biopic/Howard Hughes then he wouldn't have been driven to do anything after. Specifically if you win for a biopic.

Man Amsterdam was a bit role and Blackout is a damn podcast not a movie or shown.

I'm wondering how it was possible I could not know about a new Malek project

Last edited:
Man Amsterdam was a bit role and Blackout is a damn podcast not a movie or shown.

In wondering how it was possible I could not know about a new Malek project
My bad.

You're right.

He hasn't done anything since winning. Lazy bum.

That is crazy he can go away for 15 years seemingly and he is on that stage.

Wasn't he like near death? 😬
Have no clue, I don't really know I just hadn't heard of him since like 2005 except when Encino Man and The Mummy came up. :lol:

Everything Everywhere is -1200 to win Best Picture so it would be a giant surprise if it didn't. All Quiet is +1800, Banshees +2000.

Have no clue, I don't really know I just hadn't heard of him since like 2005 except when Encino Man and The Mummy came up. :lol:
Screenshot_20230312_223423.jpg

Back
Top Bottom