Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I think I’ve mentioned that Pirate Radio is a favorite of mine. Gemma Arterton and Talulah Riley in that :blush:

C CP1708 The Fast and the Furious (2001) 7.7/8

This film is glorious. It was ground breaking. It had its cheesy parts but it was too blazing hot to fail. This was Madonna in the 80’s. Cindy Lauper. Dare I say MJ thriller? Parents hated it, and the youths couldn’t get enough. Street racer punk pulling up next to a rich ferrari douche and smoking him AND getting his girl moist?? CLASSIC!

But besides being just the newest hottest thing at the time, I think more credit needs to be given to Vin Diesel for the success of this film. Dude truly became Dom. His presence man. He COMMANDS the screen. It’s easy to write him off as just some meathead that spits out 1 liners, but he put so much more into his performance, it was instantly memorable and he became an instant pop culture icon.

We’ve all seen some of his failed acting auditions resurface over the years. His wack Godfather monologues. The cheesy street sharks commercials. The list goes on. But he goes from the Tommy Wiseau school of acting, to absolutely BODYING this role. He deserves his flowers, and I’ll stop there.

I’ve probably seen this movie 10-20 times. It never fails to get me pumped. Non stop adrenaline, exactly like its influence (Point Break). I never thought a franchise could work after 2003, which is why I avoided them, other than fast 5. Actually can’t wait to see how this all plays out.

Unrelated note: was that Buffalo Bill I saw working for the cops?

Unrelated unrelated note: Possible plot hole? Brian loses to Dom in that first street race. Dom says he fried the piston rings and some other car lingo. Smoke billowing out the hood. Dude limped to the finish line. Then 2 minutes later, he’s drifting through the streets and outrunning the police after swooping up Dom. Did I miss something, or was that just poorly written?

Last edited:
Also, post credits scene; Dom is whipping through Baja Mexico. Will this come into play during 2 Fast 2 Furious? Does every movie in the series have a post credits scene? Is Vin even in the second one?

I think more credit needs to be given to Vin Diesel for the success of this film. Dude truly became Dom. His presence man. He COMMANDS the screen. It’s easy to write him off as just some meathead that spits out 1 liners, but he put so much more into his performance, it was instantly memorable and he became an instant pop culture icon.
A+

Also, post credits scene; Dom is whipping through Baja Mexico. Will this come into play during 2 Fast 2 Furious? Does every movie in the series have a post credits scene? Is Vin even in the second one?

Vin will not be in 2. But don't stress it. It still has key parts.

Yes, that was Buffalo Bill.

As for the car, I think he meant the overall peak performance was ruined, but it was still drivable for a minute. (And it was a plot hole, both are true)

Each film, hit me up. You prolly knock this out inside 2 weeks. Then, you get Tix for Fast X. #Family

JS1.gif

JS2.gif

Is The Strangers sequel Prey At Night any good?

I saw it made a $32M off a $5M budget even though it came out a decade after The OG Strangers with Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman.

Mail call. Gonna knock out the OG tonight.
B6DD8D69-0ABF-415D-956E-F519A1288A23.jpeg
I have that pack don't even watch the ones after "he" drives off in the white Supra.
Unrelated unrelated note: Possible plot hole? Brian loses to Dom in that first street race. Dom says he fried the piston rings and some other car lingo. Smoke billowing out the hood. Dude limped to the finish line. Then 2 minutes later, he’s drifting through the streets and outrunning the police after swooping up Dom. Did I miss something, or was that just poorly written?
He limped to the finish line, but all the stunts he was doing weren't really taxing. His driving was mainly swerving around the cops and going fast. But yeah add in a little bad writing his car should have still been smoking. I remember going to see that movie on release night, didn't have a car worthy at the time a 97 Altima. Took my coworker to see it, on my drive home I remember racing home because I was so pumped.

I remember being excited to watch Siskel and Ebert after church on Sundays when I was a little kid.

Siskel and Ebert followed by NBA on NBC.
Same. The second I read "NBA on NBC" in your comment, the song popped in my head.

I just read an article about Siskel & Ebert's review on Frozen Assets from 1992. I kinna wanna see it now just cause it looks goody af.

Back
Top Bottom