Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

rn4crxfmbmqa1.png

Reminds me of this book I have
B794A49A-4F0A-44D1-875D-DC4B17AE91D2.jpeg

0EAF3E5F-7C1A-429C-AA17-18211C4BE2CA.jpeg

“Paul Newman's Rolex Daytona, a gift from his wife, Joanne Woodward. Astronaut Wally Schirra's Omega Speedmaster, which became the first watch to travel to the moon. The gold Submariner that sylvester Stallone bought when he knew hed made it. Nas's gold Patek Philippe, an expression of his singular style. The Rolex Oyster Perpetual that sir Edmund Hillary wore when he summitted Everest. Whether it's a timepiece at the pinnacle of artistry and precision or a simple watch layered with sentimental value, there's always a story.”

just finished watching JW 4. I would say that the OG JW and JW are different. neither is superior than the other. the appeal of the first JW was introducing the lore and mystery of the character. it didn't have the budget of the sequels so it should stand on it's own. JW 4 is awesome and just went to 11 on all the things about the franchise. amazing places, great action/stunts, camera work was insane and loved the aerial/drone view of a certain action scene. I would say it would be a great swan song for the franchise........if it is truly the end of the franchise.

I love how in these movies the desktops are just cluttered with ****, I know the feeling :lol:

Halloween II (1981) - 7/8

Yet another sequel that I was misled to believe was trash. I enjoyed it a lot; and while it is definitely more ramped up than the (classic) original, the kills and jump scares were on point. You can just tell this was made for a different time...FOR THE THEATER (there are plenty of A1 shots) in this...and of course the soundtrack is 8/8.

Judging with modern horror sensibilities, I put this above most slasher films of the last decade or two, no exaggeration. Carpenter found basically every way to murder someone in a hospital :lol:

jpzx jpzx the hot tub scene was indeed :emoji_fire: (no pun intended)

It was interesting to see how many scenes Halloween Ends & Kills adapted/jacked from this. Re-hashing points from a movie that was panned by critics is a fascinating strategy, to say the least. Lol

TL;DR - Watch Halloween II. Michael Myers has incredible posture, btw.

Back
Top Bottom