Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

reminiscing and rewatching some old movies all over again and watching them during my generation. while the movies back then seems to be dated and ridiculous, I did once enjoyed them for what they were as part of growing up. decided to watch some Pauly Shore movies and I know he is annoying AF but the guy had some enjoyable movies like Encino/California Man and Son-in-Law plus they had casted some hot babes on those films. some familiar faces over the decades and man how we got so old. speaking of Sean Astin, might rewatch that film he did which I never fully watched, SlipStream. might go on a Sean Astin movie binging this coming few days. speaking of Sean Astin, met him a couple of years ago. for a 5'6 - 5'7 guy, he looked really small like a hobbit like seriously, it's either their height is inaccurate or I had really gone big big for the past decade.

^^^ Shoutout to LA, the real car chase capital of the world
Man, I was thinking about that this weekend :lol: I watched this over this over the weekend
1680474393860.jpeg

It was based on a car chase in LA in an ambulance which is absurd but it made me realize that you don’t really see car chases like that in major cities aside from LA. Is it really that drivable? Made me want to see if so could find a video of OJs to see how it developed.

From what I recall he was mostly linear in the most literal sense - a straight line. You’re not making into with some bold theatrics. I have to remember which thread I was in where someone posted about a pretty epic one in the past few months. I think it was LA :lol:

Edit: It was Phoenix. I know the area and that is a pretty long chase to go through all those areas. Can’t imagine that a high rate of speed but they pulled it off

While attempting to apprehend the suspects, police say Hulsey and Jaquez fled the scene at a high rate of speed and were seen driving on the wrong side of the road. Then they traveled westbound on the eastbound lanes of Jefferson Road, approaching 27th Avenue.

"The Nissan Rogue passengers stopped in front of a vehicle and made an oncoming vehicle stop. The passengers exited the vehicle and assaulted the driver of the other vehicle and pulled the driver out of the car. The two suspects got into the vehicle and drove away," stated police.

The suspects headed to the East Valley, driving to Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert, and back to Mesa. Then they headed north to Payson and Happy Jack, where police say the suspects drove on the wrong side of the highway and collided with another vehicle. They attempted to carjack another vehicle, but by that time, a "Department of Public Safety helicopter landed and took the suspects into custody in Happy Jack."

During an interview, Jaquez admitted to grabbing a man out of a car and said his girlfriend came with him. In the police report, Jaquez stated that they drove all over the Valley and ended up in the woods. He tried to steal another car but got arrested. He identified himself in photos at the Embassy Suites.

Watching Snake Eyes: GI Joe Origins… pretty lame so far.

Who saw this movie, and is it any good? I was interested in seeing it when it first came out. Marion Cotillard is (was?) fire, haven’t seen her much in the last five years, and Brad Pitt being a spy version 100,000.

0B6095F1-8E5F-4DF2-BF2D-BF1A0E5D367E.jpeg

Watching Snake Eyes: GI Joe Origins… pretty lame so far.

Who saw this movie, and is it any good? I was interested in seeing it when it first came out. Marion Cotillard is (was?) fire, haven’t seen her much in the last five years, and Brad Pitt being a spy version 100,000.

0B6095F1-8E5F-4DF2-BF2D-BF1A0E5D367E.jpeg

It’s ok.

Not as much action as you would think.

Since I see you’re in recommendation mode.

After Michael Clayton

0B77B63D-7485-409F-9B18-2F52EAA19FCA.jpeg

HBOMax

Thank me later.

Snake Eyes has been looking for that guy all his life and freed him just because Cobra gave the order. This is why it’s bad.

It’s ok.

Not as much action as you would think.

Since I see you’re in recommendation mode.

After Michael Clayton

0B77B63D-7485-409F-9B18-2F52EAA19FCA.jpeg

HBOMax

Thank me later.

BRUH! I watched Murder by Numbers today before hoops kicked off. It was :wow: :pimp: Young Gosling and Young(er) Sandra Bullock :pimp:

Great movie. Would recommend to anyone hasn't seen it.

Ob yeah, earlier on ABC I saw them running commercials for a special Jeremy Renner Interview (not sure if it’s his first since the accident) with Diane Sawyer on Thursday night at 10PM EDT. Didn’t really know about it except for a post here and there in here so I DVR’d it but just the 30-40 second commercial and excerpts they showed from the view had me in my feels |l

I agree with all of this. It's incredibly difficult to choreograph these sequences and it's a testament that #4 improves upon the previous 3 in such a dramatic way that my nitpick was almost gone. Now if the Wick/Wickiverse can get the choreography as seamless as The Raid for the urban combat feel, it'll rise above everything past and present.
the Raid/Raid 2 were amazing from a stunt standpoint considering the actors were stunt guys themselves. John Wick films drew inspiration from those movies. I believe it would be difficult to execute those stunts with more people going around and with scenes with less cuts/edits. other than that, those movies and their JW counterparts are amazing action movies. not sure if you are aware but those 2 guys that John Wick was fighting in that glass area in JW 3 were the same guys in the RAID. totally entertaining and funny scene. :rofl:

not sure if you are aware but those 2 guys that John Wick was fighting in that glass area in JW 3 were the same guys in the RAID. totally entertaining and funny scene. :rofl:
Yep. Asked my buddy if he's seen The Raid while we were doing our JW3 watch and he hasn't. So now I need to introduce him to Mad Dog next 8)

Man was punching dudes in the throat with his arm on fire....... "Why didn't we think of that?"

Ok, Chris needs to be in Fast 11. This is the way.

Thebes, city of the living, crown jewel of Pharaoh Seti the First. Home of Imhotep, Pharaoh’s high priest, keeper of the dead. Birthplace of Anck Su Namun, Pharaoh’s mistress. No other man was allowed to touch her. But for their love, they were willing to risk life itself.

Back
Top Bottom