Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I don’t think I’ve seen Malignant:
👀
Let me preach the good word. In the beginning, there was schlock. It was delivered unto us by the polarizing James Wan. By the second act, there was purposeful schlock with a hint of self-awareness. "Where might we be traveling on this twisted road of inconceivable happenstance, Mr Wan?" the audience asks. By the start of Act 3, or better known to man as "LOL," the **** hath hit the fan of every home and building in a 69 square mile radius. James Wan had delivered unto the masses a masterpiece of intentional and unintentional hilarity. 8/8 would recommend.

Let me preach the good word. In the beginning, there was schlock. It was delivered unto us by the polarizing James Wan. By the second act, there was purposeful schlock with a hint of self-awareness. "Where might we be traveling on this twisted road of inconceivable happenstance, Mr Wan?" the audience asks. By the start of Act 3, or better known to man as "LOL," the **** hath hit the fan of every home and building in a 69 square mile radius. James Wan had delivered unto the masses a masterpiece of intentional and unintentional hilarity. 8/8 would recommend.
Man,
What In the actual mother fu-

They spoke to Gabriel on the phone and the out that Woman back in a jail cell?
The sister going to the Old Hospital by herself, and just looking around like it’s NOT THE DEVIL she’s looking for?
👀

new evil dead is pretty good… though I think I like the Jane Levy remake a little bit more

AA956FFD-931F-4E59-8396-A5DE01931C86.jpeg

Still this series is undefeated. No bad films or shows while Bruce & Sam are producing.

FDAA38FC-B4C0-446F-B23D-748CE9AD97AE.jpeg

Yall got me thinking back to flights where they'd show a movie at a specific time on the overhead tvs and you had no other choice but to watch that, read, listen to music or try and doze off. I used to bring my mini CD wallet and listen to a full album while reading a magazine if the in flight movie seemed lame.

Then before full on demand choice some airlines had different movies on multiple channels and you could pick the channel on the TV in front of your seat. They'd have like 4-5 movies start about the same time so if you picked one that started rough you could always change the channel. Different times...

Guy Ritchie's The Covenant

Hands down best movie I've seen so far this year. Better than Air even. This movie was just on from beginning to end. 2 hours long and I could've watch 30 more min of this. Dar Salim (the interpreter) had a great performance. Dude can act. Gyllenhaal delivers another solid performance as well. Movie will hold your attention the entire time. The action was above & beyond. And there were so many suspenseful scenes that were accompanied by a brilliant score. Highly recommend.

They spoke to Gabriel on the phone and the out that Woman back in a jail cell?
The sister going to the Old Hospital by herself, and just looking around like it’s NOT THE DEVIL she’s looking for?
👀
Bro imagine my face when they fight in the jail and she punches THROUGH a woman. Or the parkour across Seattle backwards through alleys and warehouses and the underground tunnels. I almost fell off the couch when Gabriel threw a ******* chair 50 feet across the police station and nailed BOTH cops as they were running away. The missing woman falling through the ceiling. Then there's the absolute ridiculous plot points like the whole hospital leading to nothing :lol: Sister goes there and parks ON THE CLIFF. Theres a whole *** parking lot and she chooses to walk on a wire. Also there's nowhere around Seattle that looks like that :lol: James Wan took that script and decided to go ******* HAM.

I actually kind of miss that time when everyone had to watch the same movie on the plane. Created a connection on the flight. Remember they were playing some rom com flick when i was maybe 15 and had some girl next to me we were having a good time. My parents were around though to so couldn’t really push it too much without getting the side eye from mom lol

Yall got me thinking back to flights where they'd show a movie at a specific time on the overhead tvs and you had no other choice but to watch that, read, listen to music or try and doze off. I used to bring my mini CD wallet and listen to a full album while reading a magazine if the in flight movie seemed lame.

Then before full on demand choice some airlines had different movies on multiple channels and you could pick the channel on the TV in front of your seat. They'd have like 4-5 movies start about the same time so if you picked one that started rough you could always change the channel. Different times...

and you could smoke at the back of the plane…

Decided to do trashy movie Saturday and watched:

1. Quasi - The new Broken Lizard movie. Each guy plays two wildly different characters, leading to some solid meta jokes.

2. 65 Million - The only reason this movie exists is because someone owed someone a favor. There's no other explanation.

3. Cocaine Bear - Pretty entertaining. I was dying with the kids early on when they find the stuff.

Bro imagine my face when they fight in the jail and she punches THROUGH a woman. Or the parkour across Seattle backwards through alleys and warehouses and the underground tunnels. I almost fell off the couch when Gabriel threw a ****ing chair 50 feet across the police station and nailed BOTH cops as they were running away. The missing woman falling through the ceiling. Then there's the absolute ridiculous plot points like the whole hospital leading to nothing :lol: Sister goes there and parks ON THE CLIFF. Theres a whole *** parking lot and she chooses to walk on a wire. Also there's nowhere around Seattle that looks like that :lol: James Wan took that script and decided to go ****ing HAM.
The cliff was one of the Oh Lord moments where I was like come in now, it seconds later it seemed okay in an FastFurious type way. Old girl falling through the ceiling was very Oh no she didn’t. I think what got me the most was Kekoa banging with Gabriel and Gabriel running off, Kekoa chasing him, catching up to him every time, finally catching him and then Gabe runs off again. Gabe banged everyone out except Kekoa with a stab wound.

The theme music for Malignant was equally cool and creepy. The music throughout did the film justice, I think I’ll go ahead and watch it again. I feel like mindless viewing

Looking back, it wasn’t so bad. Another thing from the past: (This was during the late 90s -early 2000s) These magazines were provided to read on some flights. SkyMall magazine. It was a technology-based magazine with lots of gadgets. It all seemed so high-tech back then.

635576059863529350-XXX-E04-4SKYMALL-09-CCI-BONUS-SKYMALL.jpg

S1, E1 Penny from Big Bang Theory was like an 11. She was just absurd.

Now in S8 and she has this pixie haircut and she's like a 4. :frown: :smh:

I don't know if I've ever seen a haircut with that much affect since maybe Demi in GI Jane???

Back
Top Bottom