Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Speak to text upcoming rewatching all the Fast and the furious movies before Fast 10 comes out OG The Fast and the furious up first. I've always said this was my favorite because of nostalgia and it's still holds up when I think about scenes and clips and moments, but start to finish as a movie. It's rougher than I remember for sure. It actually feels kind of flat and kind of not boring, but a lot of the scenes shows don't have the same pop. And if I wasn't such an enormous fan, I might not be as excited to watch it. But it's like watching your favorite band play. You know they're OG demo tape or it's like I see the bones. I see so many things that I like but I think it's just the funniest of the movies cuz so many of these quotes and lines are just so dumb and absurd and that's what maybe laugh and that's what made me like the movies. Vince asking Brian if you wipe the seat after he peed calling him a buster two to no crust and doesn't matter if you wouldn't buy an inch or a mile winnings winning Granny shifting. Not double clutching like you should. I never narked on nobody why'd you bring the buster here because the buster brought me back. He didn't just run back to the fort and hide. The buster kept me out of handcuffs. So many quotes. Man. This movie is classic Buffalo Bill is Bryan's handler, the cops in the FBI having decaf cappuccinos lmao. What the hell. It's just a very silly movie. It'll always hold the special place for me, but I won't be surprised if it's lower on my rankings than I initially suspected

2 Fast 2. Furious. I always probably have to say the worst one. The dialogue is just so bad and this franchise will never be mistaken for an Aaron Sorkin movie but holy crap. It's just so cringeworthy and I feel like trying to make Brian the Dom of this world was a mistake. It was just weird seeing his character from one to two and I'm like. Why is he this cool guy now but whatever Tyrese was a good addition I think also the cars might have been the worst ones in this one as well. I mean seeing this movie as a teenager I know I felt differently about it but Romans car is just absurd and what I do know about cars. I just know there's no way that car at any power to it. Brian's Evo is cool and there was more American muscle in this movie than in a lot of other ones. But I thought the racing in the car is one of the worst in the franchise too. If OG Fast and furious I probably call it a 78 out of 100 and realistically I probably bumped it up some points because of nostalgia for me. I'd say too fast to furious is probably a 60 out of 100

The Fast and the furious Tokyo drift

If you would have asked me throughout the years which one's the worst Fast and the furious movie I probably would have said this one. It didn't feature any of the main characters and I remember really disliking Lucas Black as Sean but rewatching it this morning man. This movie ain't bad. It's got probably the best racing scenes for sure. It's the most car focused. It's also probably got the best cars like especially after 2 Fast 2 furious. These cars were so much better and cooler. Totally think it's his fault but I think it's just the southern Texas accent they make him have. That makes him sound so terrible. Maybe that's just his accent. I feel it's the same voice that he had in Friday night lights. I don't think it's a bad actor. I think that just that accent kills any credibility he may have

But you can kind of see Justin Lin's strength and making the ridiculous seem normal. Like not only are these two high school guys clearly 35 years old, but the girlfriend of the jock was like whoever wins gets me like what shenanigans is this and that's exactly what like we see in the future films. When watching them all together, it is kind of cool because we're going from LA to Miami now. We're in Tokyo then we're going to go back to LA. So I think on the rewatch that's going to be pretty neat to see just a locations and how that kind of influences. It was pretty straightforward in terms of plot. Much better than too fast too. Furious anytime the Yakuza is involved. That's always exciting bow wow! Was kind of dorky but he grew on me and Han is clearly the star in this one. We got a little bit of his mystery and just how he views the world in his past and it's just interesting enough. I think Sean's Mustang at the end might be one of my favorite cars in the entire universe in these movies. I think the acting was definitely weak, but again, none of these movies will ever be mistaken for Oscar caliber performances and viewing them as part of a bigger franchise does help sometimes. And the end scene with Vin was pretty freaking cool. I remember seeing that in the theater being totally surprised and I was like oh hell yeah I don't think I've rewatched Fast and furious and several years and I don't think I've seen it more than twice overall, but I remember not liking it much, but I'll probably be a little surprised. In terms of rewatchability. I would watch this movie over too fast too. Furious for sure. I'd still have the OG ahead of it. So through three movies I got the OG, Tokyo, drifts and too fast. I'll give this one a 65 out of 100. Maybe bump it up a few points

6 more reviews on the way

1683911110893.gif

What the hell is up with movie distribution these days? Air released in theaters 5 weeks ago and now I can watch it on Amazon Prime…for free? I thought after 5 weeks you would have to pay at least 19.99 or whatever it is to rent :lol:

So I’m watching Deep Impact in 4K and I remember the hype that summer between fans of Deep Impact vs Armageddon. In my younger years I loved Armageddon and thought Deep Impact was dumb but I think it was a good movie designed for a different audience

What the hell is up with movie distribution these days? Air released in theaters 5 weeks ago and now I can watch it on Amazon Prime…for free? I thought after 5 weeks you would have to pay at least 19.99 or whatever it is to rent :lol:

Until TomGod drops another film theatres are dead ☠️

Vin ain’t gone stop until The Rock comes back lol

There are rumors...

This is going to be a big Fast and the furious thread for the next week. The Knicks are out of the playoffs and I'm going to have more time in my hands. I apologize in advance but you're welcome

AIR is out?

Back
Top Bottom