Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I saw Vol. 3 over the weekend. It was good but I prefer v2 and v1.

6.5/8

To me this was Gunn unchecked again. Same stuff I was beginning to dislike when I saw Peacemaker and he just went crazy with the music. Every new scene does not need a soundtrack to it. Just kept doing that for the majority of the movie and its not like all of the songs were great choices. Then it didn't need to be that long. My main gripe is the lack of the Rocket we know since he was dying most of the movie so instead we got this sad young Rocket in the flashback. A GotG movie without Rocket wisecracking throughout ain't the same.

Other than that I enjoyed it a lot. T.H.E. was a really good villain. Funny to me how he's a genius one way but an idiot to be inspired by earth and want to create a perfect society based off his time there. Should've just made him from earth. They knocked him up a few levels when its revealed he created the Sovereign and he basically made them his *****.

The chracter interactions are what really carried this movie. Everything Mantis and then Peter, Nebula, and Drax. I actually prefer the fresh start for Gamora since the GotG version wasn't really like comics Gamora who was the most dangerous woman in the galaxy. The Ravagers is a good fit for now.

I would've liked it more if somebody (a guardian) actually did die (mainly Drax).

Sisu 6.5/8

Real fun movie. Get deeper than just action than I thought. Wouldve limed a more satosfying ending though.

Super Mario Bros. 6. 2/8

Enjoyed this a lot too. Really good given his was their first god at it. Not real complaints since they can just buuld from this. Yoshi should've showed up though.

I kinda cringed every time they had Mario or his fam say "MAMA MIA!" :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
calibeebee calibeebee I feel like you and I would get along well with Miss Kyle. Lots of good coffee and good conversation

1684105413856.jpeg

Oh most definitely! I’d be crushing on her big time if we met in an alternative universe. I really dig her self deprecating humor. She actually had some witty sarcasm with the dialogue she says to herself. She just needed a man to love her. In that soulless dump of Gotham City. She just needed to be held, loved, and kept safe.
3BBD20B3-1B95-4162-9F64-4561D52F79A6.gif

I could have given her that life. I could have saved her. I can only wish. So many things I wish
36A44C89-1631-41C5-BF39-54818705CF02.jpeg

Anyone watch FRINGE front to back? What's your take? Been thinking about getting back to it because I remember I was intrigued when it first came out, but that was during season 1, and then things just started happening in my life and I never got back to it. I think I started getting confused. 👀

I never saw it but a dude whose youtube channel is alternate history/sci-fi analysis did a review of Fringe. Looks like they did a huge twist with parallel universes involved.

Link to exact part in a video

Anyone watch FRINGE front to back? What's your take? Been thinking about getting back to it because I remember I was intrigued when it first came out, but that was during season 1, and then things just started happening in my life and I never got back to it. I think I started getting confused. 👀
Watched it a few months ago, it's a good sci-fi watch, became one of my favorite series. Everyone has their own tastes though.

Oh most definitely! I’d be crushing on her big time if we met in an alternative universe. I really dig her self deprecating humor. She actually had some witty sarcasm with the dialogue she says to herself. She just needed a man to love her. In that soulless dump of Gotham City. She just needed to be held, loved, and kept safe.
3BBD20B3-1B95-4162-9F64-4561D52F79A6.gif

I could have given her that life. I could have saved her. I can only wish. So many things I wish
36A44C89-1631-41C5-BF39-54818705CF02.jpeg
Hell yea! There’s so much content in Returns, where after you’re finished watching it you can bounce so many ideas off of it and make it your own. It’s like the story is endless I feel.

In regards to Selina’s humor: You are so right. It’s like where a negative scenario occurs on her part, and she makes light of the situation by having that kind of sense of humor.

1684165205191.gif

You can totally see how she had so much potential.

The new Affleck movie Hypnotic seemed to have little promotion as I only recall seeing the trailer a few weeks back when going to see Renfield. The movie looks like The Town lite with some weird Scifi/psychological twist thrown in. That said I would def watch it on a Netflix/Prime etc platform but yea this seems like a huge miss for Ben especially as he is coming right off Air.

I’m getting old and I’m starting to make friendships with coworkers younger then me.

Coworkers who haven’t seen Die Hard.

Haven’t seen Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction!

And it makes me MAD!

Until I realize I’m the same way with my previous generation.

Please help me with some 60’s and 70’s classics since they took my F&F streaming away from me.

I’m getting old and I’m starting to make friendships with coworkers younger then me.

Coworkers who haven’t seen Die Hard.

Haven’t seen Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction!

And it makes me MAD!

Until I realize I’m the same way with my previous generation.

Please help me with some 60’s and 70’s classics since they took my F&F streaming away from me.

SAME brotha! Gets me heated. But yeah just like you, I don’t know much, or have much interest in movies made before 1980.

I distinctly remember getting made fun of by my older sisters friends for never having seen Smokey and the Bandit movies. I’ve seen like 2 Burt Reynolds movies total.

Michael Douglas, Burt Reynolds, Eastwood, Diane Keaton, the list goes on. I don’t know anything about these actors/actresses pre-90’s. If it isn’t considered a film buffs “MUST WATCH” movie, then I don’t watch stuff before my generation.

I’ve seen a decent sample of films from the 50s, 60s and 70s and have not liked them as much as films made later, particularly movies from the 70s.

Hitchcock, Kubrick, and early Bonds are ones I can go back to from the 1960s, and there’s some stand-alones from the early to mid-1970s like French Connection, All The President’s Men.

It seems like sci-fi/horror/thrillers from that age have the best chance of holding up for those like us.

Cast in this one is crazy.

I’ve seen a decent sample of films from the 50s, 60s and 70s and have not liked them as much as films made later, particularly movies from the 70s.
Tough to watch some of these with the framerate and just Hollywood style of delivering dialogue at the time. Spoke to an older former starlet once and she still spoke like that. They're usually classics like Casablanca or something Kurosawa or Kubrich etc for me to check it out. Actually Kurosawa is one of those that doesn't ever really feel that "old" to me.

Has anyone watched “Are You There God? It’s Me, Margaret” yet?
Watched this last night.

It was a decent flick. Casting could’ve been a lot better. The writing did a terrible job of connecting you to the protagonist, which is key in a coming-of-age film. I wasn’t invested at all in her or her story. Ending felt a bit rushed. It would’ve been better served being an extra 30 minutes longer.

Rachel McAdams is still a hottie. 🥵

Kathy Bates had, by far, the best performance.

Tough to watch some of these with the framerate and just Hollywood style of delivering dialogue at the time.
This! The way they speak on old movies is similar to what you get in stage plays, which I generally am not that big on. Just comes off as affected and unnatural to me.

Back
Top Bottom