Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I’m getting old and I’m starting to make friendships with coworkers younger then me.

Coworkers who haven’t seen Die Hard.

Haven’t seen Goodfellas, Pulp Fiction!

And it makes me MAD!

Until I realize I’m the same way with my previous generation.

Please help me with some 60’s and 70’s classics since they took my F&F streaming away from me.
Apocalypse Now Redux

Yes, Adam Sandler the super wealthy actor/producer could definitely pull women that are in another class from him in the looks department.

But the characters he plays in movies are average-Joes, schlubs or worse and still end up with gorgeous women. But that’s movies for you.

That's also real life. He's usually charming and funny in those roles which could take him far. Plus it's not like he's quasimoto.
I was in college when he was on SNL and still doing stand-up tours at colleges, etc. and a lot of girls thought he was cute back then.

Also, since Quasimodo was mentioned - sad to report that I gave the movie Quasi a chance and was not feeling it. One of the Broken Lizard team's weaker offerings :frown:

They got Hitch Hiker's Guide on at work. Sam Rockwell is something....
And what happened to Mos Def??? Dude can act!

They got Hitch Hiker's Guide on at work. Sam Rockwell is something....
And what happened to Mos Def??? Dude can act!
Hasn't done any acting since 2016 according to IMDB, but is going to be starring in an upcoming movie:

IMG_1076.png

Got around to watching the first 3 Indiana Jones movies in between playoff games.

I didn’t grow up with them so I don’t have the nostalgia for them. I first saw Raiders in like 2018 and then again last month and the other 2 I’ve watched for the first time this month.

Raiders is decent 6/10
Temple is bad 4/10
Crusade is solid 7/10

I would have liked these a ton more as a kid

I’m getting old and I’m starting to make friendships with coworkers younger then me.

And it makes me MAD!

Please help me with some 60’s and 70’s classics since they took my F&F streaming away from me.

Are you looking for F&F type classics, or otherwise? :lol:

Honestly I would start with Pacino's filmography for the decade (70s). But if you want pop culture stuff I can chime back in.

The video game race they had to impress Braga was pretty cool

Still a buster had me dying in the theaters

You looked under my hood :lol:

Fast and furious. You can clearly see some of the bones of what will make the next few movies really good. There are some funny lines. They're silly plot twists. They're entering in a greater world of criminals for seemingly no reason, but the whole plot lift off is letty dying and the only reason this whole group is introduced was cuz she was trying to save them and it's just all very convoluted even for this franchise. Making Bryan an FBI agent is absolutely ridiculous. Not only was he involved in letting go a known criminal but then participating in a criminal act himself and not only does he remain or go back into law enforcement but he becomes a federal agent. But just overall the movie lacks any real weight or significance and I think what's become apparent throughout these movies is the bad guy needs to be significant as they up the scales and up the stakes. The bad guy has to match it. So in a way this made sense they went back to LA. It was kind of low-key nothing too flashy or extravagant and it's just some you know. Mexican criminal drug lord bla bla bla. I wouldn't even say this is a bad movie like I don't think it deserves. It's Rotten tomatoes ranking but I don't think it's very good. Is there a difference? The tunnel racing was pretty cool. Gail gado looks her best in this franchise. That's for sure. I think I would rather have an entire movie that would have been their little short film plus the intro where it's dumb and this new crew in Mexico stealing gas and getting into crime down there but I guess you have to bring Bryan into the fold somehow and it wouldn't make any sense if he's not in America. But definitely the first 5 minutes of the movie was more interesting than the rest. I would have liked to see an entire movie of their Mexican adventures, but maybe that's what they realize was more fun and that's what Fast five became

I'd say it's a 60 out of 100. Like I said, it's not an offensively bad movie but it just doesn't do any of the things that this franchise can do well. I can't imagine the next time I rewatch this movie like of the nine movies in this franchise. This one probably has the least free watch ability. Rewatchability thank you. Geez. Fast five up next and it's probably the one I've seen the most

Anyone watch FRINGE front to back? What's your take? Been thinking about getting back to it because I remember I was intrigued when it first came out, but that was during season 1, and then things just started happening in my life and I never got back to it. I think I started getting confused. 👀
it was ok. it was great at first then started to decline imo. other than that, still a good watch but found others better.

Hell yea! There’s so much content in Returns, where after you’re finished watching it you can bounce so many ideas off of it and make it your own. It’s like the story is endless I feel.

In regards to Selina’s humor: You are so right. It’s like where a negative scenario occurs on her part, and she makes light of the situation by having that kind of sense of humor.

1684165205191.gif

You can totally see how she had so much potential.
Batman Returns for me was a good movie. I believe it was too dark for a Batman sequel but it could have been better. it somehow kinda like THE BATMAN movie but with better soundtrack. hated the soundtrack for the Batman. too slow and boring.

And it makes me MAD!

Gone in 60 Seconds !

She is peak basic hot, like she has all the born qualities and maybe doesn’t do squats but my genghis khan she is beautiful.

Watched this last night.

It was a decent flick. Casting could’ve been a lot better. The writing did a terrible job of connecting you to the protagonist, which is key in a coming-of-age film. I wasn’t invested at all in her or her story. Ending felt a bit rushed. It would’ve been better served being an extra 30 minutes longer.

Rachel McAdams is still a hottie. 🥵

Kathy Bates had, by far, the best performance.

Attachments

• kathy-bates-misery.gif
    kathy-bates-misery.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
Hitchcock, Kubrick, and early Bonds are ones I can go back to from the 1960s, and there’s some stand-alones from the early to mid-1970s like French Connection, All The President’s Men.

It seems like sci-fi/horror/thrillers from that age have the best chance of holding up for those like us.
how you guys can ever forget, the TEN COMMANDMENTS, Ben-HUR, Sound of Music.

Back
Top Bottom