Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Wanting to watch all of Gerwig, I saw Little Women for the first time today.

Excellent stuff. The non linear story worked so well, all of the lead actors did amazing, and it was funny and sweet and sincere in all the right spots.

I have ZERO interest in watching Barbie.

Flame me if you want but there’s just nothing about Barbie that I know of that makes a middle aged black male want to take time to see this flick.

Might catch it when it comes to a streaming platform.

No hate at all. Not everyone loves everything. But may I ask.....?

Do you have a daughter?
Sister?
Niece?
Mother?
Grandmother?
Wife/GF? (Or ex, maybe)
Female best friend?

I have all of these. And felt for every single one of them while I watched the movie. Even made me think of my own childhood.

Ever seen Toy Story? Did it reach you? :nerd:

Not to even mention the wonderful directing, the great performances, the humor, the amazing set pieces and the easy 2 hour pace.

If you said yes to any of my questions, you may enjoy the film more than you expect.

No hate at all. Not everyone loves everything. But may I ask.....?

Do you have a daughter?
Sister?
Niece?
Mother?
Grandmother?
Wife/GF? (Or ex, maybe)
Female best friend?

I have all of these. And felt for every single one of them while I watched the movie. Even made me think of my own childhood.

Ever seen Toy Story? Did it reach you? :nerd:

Not to even mention the wonderful directing, the great performances, the humor, the amazing set pieces and the easy 2 hour pace.

If you said yes to any of my questions, you may enjoy the film more than you expect.

I have all those things lol.

Me personally just don’t have the urge to watch it.

I also don’t go to the a movies hoping to unlock some deeper meaning or feeling inside myself so it’s still a hard pass on Barbie unless Miss Robbie wants me to be her date to a showing.

Flame me if you want but there’s just nothing about Barbie that I know of that makes a middle aged black male want to take time to see this flick.

Pretty much my stance.

However, stuff like this:

1690136054125.png

1690136080179.png

1690136105808.png

1690136130188.png

Makes me reconsider.

Most importantly though, I haven’t been convinced Gerwig’s movies are all that good or to be specific to my liking.

I feel the same way. No urge to watch at all. This has been also one of the best promoted movies I seen in a long time. So many fine woman on their Barbie steez on IG. Margot been everywhere promoting. Marketing campaign has been excellent.

I just googled “Margot Robbie” And everything turned pink. Pink sparkle effects, the “google” turned into all pink letters, pink background. They really went in on this advertising, huh? :lol:
was surprised at how much higher their budget + marketing was compared to oppenheimer
if barbie is a hit in asia, it can cross that 1B

was surprised at how much higher their budget + marketing was compared to oppenheimer
if barbie is a hit in asia, it can reach 1B
Well in comparison, I’m not sure anybody would really call Oppenheimer a blockbuster or anything close.

The main draw is Nolan and all of the actors in it. That’s the main reason for their budget and marketing.

After seeing these Oppenheimer numbers, Nolan should just do one last Batman movie. It would do Spider-Man numbers |l

Everything ain't for everybody.

Me, personally? I think I have replies in here where I felt just the same as you. #hardpass
I'll check out Barbie just for the love of cinema, and it seems deeper than presented.
And now this is my feeling. The kid and I are buying tix tonight for Tue.

Back
Top Bottom