Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

:lol:

IMG_0238.jpeg

I have been plowing thru stuff. I finished Homeland, Jack Ryan, And Just Like That, that new Taylor Sheridan Lioness joint, and every new theater release. Saw TMNT tonight, with Grand Torismo next week and Blue Beetle week after that.

I have been plowing thru stuff. I finished Homeland, Jack Ryan, And Just Like That, that new Taylor Sheridan Lioness joint, and every new theater release. Saw TMNT tonight, with Grand Torismo next week and Blue Beetle week after that.
Gran Turismo was delayed to August 25th. News just from the past few days.

How was TMNT? I'm a big TMNT guy

Finishing The Ring (2002), Brian Cox has barely aged in the 21 years since. Been wondering how he’s been keeping up his longevity since Bourne Supremacy :lol: dude wtf is your daily diet

IMG_0250.jpeg

IMG_0253.jpeg

10 episodes in on the Sopranos.

I’m starting to understand something that was lost to me when I first tried to watch.

A lot of these episodes are just that, individual episodes.

This came out when tv was a little different.

Same characters, an underlying theme but it’s not one long coherent story like Ozarks or Breaking Bad.

I still think it’s mid AF but I think I can watch it with a better understanding.

10 episodes in on the Sopranos.

I’m starting to understand something that was lost to me when I first tried to watch.

A lot of these episodes are just that, individual episodes.

This came out when tv was a little different.

Same characters, an underlying theme but it’s not one long coherent story like Ozarks or Breaking Bad.

I still think it’s mid AF but I think I can watch it with a better understanding.

I quite like that in a show - like the Monster of the Week episodes that X-Files did. Gives you a break from having to think about the story arc and just watch a standalone episode.

Usually I can't stand grotesque movies, but Evil Dead Rising was pretty damn good. There was a few stupid movie tropes that take place(people not hearing loud things in one room over, tame reactions to horrific situations, etc.), but it was still an enjoyable movie.

6.7/8

tumblr_f251881f7f96098de027237e965aaf84_e8991749_540.gif

LOST

An old family owned rental shop near me had a separate room just for horror. Would always go in there just to checkout the new releases and movie covers. Some of the posters had my pre-teen self shook lol.

I couldn’t fathom a 90’s era where you would go into Blockbuster and NOT check out the horror section. Of course, as a whole the genre will never be on the caliber as a good drama. But getting a good scare every now and then is a tradition.

Scary movie night hits sometimes
I never checked out the horror section but I never missed the 'other' section. 👀
IYKYK

Is it worth seeing MI-7 if I haven't seen any since 3? I wanna knock them all out, but kinda wanted to see 7 in the theaters before it's gone

Is it worth seeing MI-7 if I haven't seen any since 3? I wanna knock them all out, but kinda wanted to see 7 in the theaters before it's gone
You'll want to see 5 and 6 to catch up with the Ilsa character and relationship to Ethan Hunt.

Edit:

4 (Ghost Protocol) is really good too. Vanilla villain and ending is blah, but overall a fun MI movie.

Last edited:
Saw Ghostbusters Afterlife for the first time.

It was better than I expected.. the kid actors did a good job, the cameos were solid. It was a bit derivative with the bad guys but I didn't mind. I think it was a worthy addition but I was disappointed the older cast wasn't in it more.

Saw Ghostbusters Afterlife for the first time.

It was better than I expected.. the kid actors did a good job, the cameos were solid. It was a bit derivative with the bad guys but I didn't mind. I think it was a worthy addition but I was disappointed the older cast wasn't in it more.
Was shocked that the sequel was slated to release this December before it was pushed back last week. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom