Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Currently, first:

IMG_2951.jpeg

Has anyone who's on right now seen the original Ocean's Eleven or Italian Job? The old ones?
Worth the watch? 👀
C CP1708 , I already know your reply. "Amazing, both of them. Go back to back. Right now. You won't regret it. You're welcome."
Anyone else? 👀

Has anyone who's on right now seen the original Ocean's Eleven or Italian Job? The old ones?
Worth the watch? 👀
C CP1708 , I already know your reply. "Amazing, both of them. Go back to back. Right now. You won't regret it. You're welcome."
Anyone else? 👀

I have seen neither original. Just the Hollywood-ized Clooney-Wahlberg versions.

Worth the watch? 👀
Anyone else? 👀

Italian Job definitely. The original Ocean’s movie not so much - it just seemed to be an excuse to get all those guys on screen. The précis reads like it might be interesting - but it’s just not. I really like the Soderbergh ones.

I watched the trailer about a year for the original Ocean’s 11 when it was on Max, looked like just a bunch of ol boys hanging out and nothing more.

Worth the watch? 👀
Anyone else? 👀
Original Oceans is solid, good caper and good to see legends do their thing. Personally I liked the present one more.

I liked the original Ocean’s a lot. Especially cuz it’s so different from the remake. No way they could make a sequel to that.

Different time in Hollywood.

IMG_2954.jpeg

5.8/8, Ellen Barkin, playing Helen was the best part of this movie. Can’t believe that’s even the same person who played the mother-in-law in Netflix’s Out-Laws alongside Pierce Brosnan.

They did a great job cloaking Michael Rooker until the end, but it makes sense considering him trying to blame the record on the Upchwa kid. I knew something was up with him when the movie poster said:

“PACINO - GOODMAN - ROOKER”

When he was in it for maybe five minutes, until the end of the movie. :lol:

One of my favorite John Goodman roles.

On Netflix, definitely recommend it.

It’s very much like Basic Instinct or Body Heat.

Eh, one's a war movie (WWII at that) and the other is a spy movie (a fictional spy novel type).
You know what I mean I'm not comparing when they took place, the Ungentlemany trailer had a quirky vibe to it like Argylle. Seems like it's going to actually be better.

You know what I mean I'm not comparing when they took place, the Ungentlemany trailer had a quirky vibe to it like Argylle. Seems like it's going to actually be better.
I was comparing the type of movie it was not time period.

Also Ungentlemany seems more like a Vaughn movie than Argylle to me (just off trailers). Like it has that Inglorious vibe of history based but with their own take compared to Argylle that seems entirely like just another off kilter Bond pastiche. The comedy it hints at reminds me of Naked Gun or Austin Powers.

Yeah Inglorious like a narrative fiction off of a war versus Argylle being a spy thing, it seems like all these movies feel the same in terms of vibes off the trailers. :lol: Not gonna see Argylle ever.

I feel like there has to be an explanation of why her books illustrated actual situations but I don’t care

Back
Top Bottom