Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

On the discussion of tarantino, I still haven’t seen once upon a time in hollywood. I have seen most people say he disrespected Da Gawd Bruce Lee in the movie and I know Bruce’s daughter doesn’t like it.
I'm sure Bruce Lee wouldn't care. It was a funny scene and no one would watch it and think less of Bruce Lee.

Asteroid City 5.2/8

Wes Andersons worst film. Just a film completely devoid of heart, or meaning. No magic, just a Norman Rockwell looking set and famous actors talking in monotone. This is his Ed Wood.

Babylon: 7.7/8

Not sure what the bad reviews were looking at. Film is highly entertaining. I think this movie will be looked at the same way Blade Runner, Big Lebowski, and Shawshank Redemption were. Misunderstood Box office flops that turned out to be critically acclaimed cult classics when audiences finally got around to watching them.

Not a movie, but I signed up for a 7-day trial on ScreamBox to watch "RoboDoc", which is a documentary about the making of RoboCop. It's really long but it is really, really well done. They have literally everyone involved in the film (who is still alive) doing interviews.

IMG_2954.jpeg

5.8/8, Ellen Barkin, playing Helen was the best part of this movie. Can’t believe that’s even the same person who played the mother-in-law in Netflix’s Out-Laws alongside Pierce Brosnan.

They did a great job cloaking Michael Rooker until the end, but it makes sense considering him trying to blame the record on the Upchwa kid. I knew something was up with him when the movie poster said:

“PACINO - GOODMAN - ROOKER”

When he was in it for maybe five minutes, until the end of the movie. :lol:

One of my favorite John Goodman roles.

On Netflix, definitely recommend it.

It’s very much like Basic Instinct or Body Heat.
it's basically Basic Instinct reimagined.

Speaking of an uncomfortable watch that you can’t turn away from- ADORE is on the TV pretty steady. Went ahead and tackled it again. Seeing Robin and Naomi in Two Piece Bikinis for two hours is never not nice

Watching the doc on the making of we are the world. Dope seeing a little part of history. My favorite part so far was the part where they're talking about the Dylan solo. Dylan can't sing and is a nervous wreck about trying to compete with all the singers in the room, on top of having anxiety just because there's 70 people in the room.

He can't figure out how to sing his part so he takes a break and calls Stevie Wonder over for help. Stevie can mimic the singing style of every artist in the room. He sits downs starts playing it on the piano and starts singing as Bob Dylan to help him figure out how to do it. It was 😮🔥

Back
Top Bottom