Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Gotta stick with the defaults if you’re in that percentage, so the defaults stay company-wise :lol:

"Let an earthquake crumble it. Let the fires rage then let it burn to *censored* ash and then let the waters rise and submerge this whole rat-infested place."

#mood

Spike Lee Joint

Ed Norton, Seymour-Hoffman, Barry Pepper, Rosario Dawson, and Brian Cox.
Wow.
Spike Lee has never ever ever done work this good.
I mean, you can always tell a Spike Lee Joint and this one is no different in the fact that you can tell but, this is not your typical Lee joint outside of the split scene camera work closeups and the Terrance Blanchard compositition ringing ever so appropriately from one scene to the next.
The reverse diatribe by Cox to end the film, **** had me in tears. Beautiful work. Pepper kills it, Hoffman was the perfect kind of creepy as always, even Anna Paquin and xNFL star Tony Siragusa along w/ little sexy *** Vanessa Ferlito and the God Patrice ONeal(RIP) as the bouncer. The writing was good but Spike and his directing tied it up beautifully. That 10/10 rating was earned and almost true, this for sure an 8/8. The story isn’t that compelling if you explain it, but Edward Norton made you respect a guy who should be a piece of **** in every sense of the phrase and root for the bad guy, the redemption, the recome up. So many powerful scenes and dialogue, Wallstreet, Street pharmacist, Professor Student, the American Pie and Lie all on Big Screen in the heart of NYC. Absolute masterpiece

I’ve only seen one film better, just one.
What a sleeper. Jesus Christ.

"Let an earthquake crumble it. Let the fires rage then let it burn to *censored* ash and then let the waters rise and submerge this whole rat-infested place."

#mood
I rewatched this scene a few times. There is a reason why it took me 3hours to watch this 2hour film, and it wasn’t because I was surfing the net on my phone while watching, so many scenes to back up on. So many.
So many of these little quips throughout the film that have you agreeing like a mother. Some real preaching going on.

Wow.
Spike Lee has never ever ever done work this good.
I mean, you can always tell a Spike Lee Joint and this one is no different in the fact that you can tell but, this is not your typical Lee joint outside of the split scene camera work closeups and the Terrance Blanchard compositition ringing ever so appropriately from one scene to the next.
The reverse diatribe by Cox to end the film, **** had me in tears. Beautiful work. Pepper kills it, Hoffman was the perfect kind of creepy as always, even Anna Paquin and xNFL star Tony Siragusa along w/ little sexy *** Vanessa Ferlito and the God Patrice ONeal(RIP) as the bouncer. The writing was good but Spike and his directing tied it up beautifully. That 10/10 rating was earned and almost true, this for sure an 8/8. The story isn’t that compelling if you explain it, but Edward Norton made you respect a guy who should be a piece of **** in every sense of the phrase and root for the bad guy, the redemption, the recome up. So many powerful scenes and dialogue, Wallstreet, Street pharmacist, Professor Student, the American Pie and Lie all on Big Screen in the heart of NYC. Absolute masterpiece

I’ve only seen one film better, just one.
What a sleeper. Jesus Christ.
I rewatched this scene a few times. There is a reason why it took me 3hours to watch this 2hour film, and it wasn’t because I was surfing the net on my phone while watching, so many scenes to back up on. So many.
So many of these little quips throughout the film that have you agreeing like a mother. Some real preaching going on.
From my mind to your keyboard, it was terrific for me. Everyone was so distinctly brought out as their individual character to contribute to the whole plot of the movie.

Saw an ad yesterday for a new Disney miniseries - “Shogun” from the James Clavell book. I loved that book so I’m interested to see it. There was an 80s miniseries which I have but this could be good.

Went to see Madame Web after seeing it get roasted everywhere and finding out about the writers' track record. These are the people who made Gods of Egypt and Morbius.
Edit: Accidentally wrote directors instead of writers.

I don't even know how to begin to describe it. Literally everything about this movie is absolute dog****.
Even as a horrible movie enthusiast, I can't recommend this. Unlike the holy grail of dog**** movies, Moonfall, this isn't a wild ride on that fine line of 'so bad it's good.'
Instead, it's just straight *** from start to finish in the most boring way possible.
There's occasional moments where it's so bad (almost all dialogue related) you just have to laugh but generally it can't even reach that bar. Genuinely a 0/10.

Last edited:
If Dakota Johnson of all actors is publicly denouncing and firing her agency reps because of a movie, you know its going to be worst of the year :lol:

IMG_3108.jpeg

I never know what you’re gonna like :lol:
It's really not complicated. There are a couple people in here who got it.
My #1 green flag for movie is the intensity & complexity of the emotional struggle. Every movie has emotional struggle, from Dude Where's My Car to Precious. But what's the intensity & complexity of that emotional struggle?
If it's low on that scale, I don't care how good everyone says the movie is or how iconic it is, it doesn't move the needle for me (I'm looking at you, Winslet & DiCaprio).

Back
Top Bottom