Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by DubA169

So I watched mulholland drive today

pseudo intellectual garbage. The acting and music were good. Had some nice shots. But wow that was a pretentious trash movie

can't believe it's been so hyped. I was severely disappointed. Feels like I just watched lost. A bunch of %!#* thrown at the wall to see what sticks. Maybe if I read up on it ill change my mind.
2lsb5up.jpg

Moon was also underrated. I'm going to watch primer and sunshine soon. supposedly they arre also great

Moon and Sunshine are
pimp.gif
First half of Moon had me questioning what was going on so much. The revelation was great. Ended too abruptly for my taste, but the movie was great and is underrated as hell imo.
Sunshine was just a great story all in all. Great acting and the cinematography was incredible. The final shot in space was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Danny Boyle never disappoints.
Havent seen Primer.

Moon was also underrated. I'm going to watch primer and sunshine soon. supposedly they arre also great

Moon and Sunshine are
pimp.gif
First half of Moon had me questioning what was going on so much. The revelation was great. Ended too abruptly for my taste, but the movie was great and is underrated as hell imo.
Sunshine was just a great story all in all. Great acting and the cinematography was incredible. The final shot in space was
eek.gif
pimp.gif
Danny Boyle never disappoints.
Havent seen Primer.

Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid is one of the most overrated movies I've ever seen. It was incredibly boring for an hour and a half, the only good part was the final 20 minutes. And its given 5 stars by most critics?
30t6p3b.gif
I think it had potential, but they wasted so much time running, still photos with music playing, unexplained characters, it was just sloppy to me. I did like both Newman and especially Redford, but that's not enough to cover all the waste.

Butch Cassidy and Sundance Kid is one of the most overrated movies I've ever seen. It was incredibly boring for an hour and a half, the only good part was the final 20 minutes. And its given 5 stars by most critics?
30t6p3b.gif
I think it had potential, but they wasted so much time running, still photos with music playing, unexplained characters, it was just sloppy to me. I did like both Newman and especially Redford, but that's not enough to cover all the waste.

http://www.letsgetcritical.org/

Let’s Get Critical is a hand-picked site of the best new, recent and classic cultural criticism, essays, reviews of 1000+ words from across the web. LGC looks at the visual arts, books, movies, music and television, as well as digital and food culture. Emphasis is on good writing, clear opinions, and minimal pretension. If you are tired of the relentless presentation of the newest as the best, this site is for you.

http://www.letsgetcritical.org/

Let’s Get Critical is a hand-picked site of the best new, recent and classic cultural criticism, essays, reviews of 1000+ words from across the web. LGC looks at the visual arts, books, movies, music and television, as well as digital and food culture. Emphasis is on good writing, clear opinions, and minimal pretension. If you are tired of the relentless presentation of the newest as the best, this site is for you.

Just got back from a Borders that's going out of business.

- LOST: Season 5
- Girl, Interrupted
- Crash
- As Good As It Gets
- life (that Discovery Channel documentary, narrated by Oprah)
- Bad Meets Evil (eminem and Royce)

$80

Hid some stuff for me to go back Friday.
- Iron Man 2 (haven't seen it yet, but I have and like Iron Man, so for $7.50, I'll take it)
- Dark Knight
- Inception
- Shutter Island (haven't seen it yet. What do y'all think? It would be $7.50)
- The Mask
- The Godfather
- Jumper

That would be like $45 if it's all still there. I'm pretty much going to get whichever ones are still in their hiding spots.
laugh.gif

Just got back from a Borders that's going out of business.

- LOST: Season 5
- Girl, Interrupted
- Crash
- As Good As It Gets
- life (that Discovery Channel documentary, narrated by Oprah)
- Bad Meets Evil (eminem and Royce)

$80

Hid some stuff for me to go back Friday.
- Iron Man 2 (haven't seen it yet, but I have and like Iron Man, so for $7.50, I'll take it)
- Dark Knight
- Inception
- Shutter Island (haven't seen it yet. What do y'all think? It would be $7.50)
- The Mask
- The Godfather
- Jumper

That would be like $45 if it's all still there. I'm pretty much going to get whichever ones are still in their hiding spots.
laugh.gif

I honestly liked shutter island better than inception. I thought it was great

That's funny I used to hide stuff too

The stuff you left is better than what you bought though haha

I honestly liked shutter island better than inception. I thought it was great

That's funny I used to hide stuff too

Shutter Island is worth the $7.50.

Who is seeing the film The Debt that came out today? Currently rocking a 74% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Watched We Own The Night, it was okay. I felt it was too simple and that Joaquin Phoenix's character turned too early and too easily. Yeah, his brother was shot and his dad was killed, but still there seemed to me so much animosity between he and the police in the first 20 minutes, and I didn't see it the rest of the film.

I don't think Mark Wahlberg is that great of an actor, at all. I do like him, but he isn't anything special.

Shutter Island is worth the $7.50.

Who is seeing the film The Debt that came out today? Currently rocking a 74% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Watched We Own The Night, it was okay. I felt it was too simple and that Joaquin Phoenix's character turned too early and too easily. Yeah, his brother was shot and his dad was killed, but still there seemed to me so much animosity between he and the police in the first 20 minutes, and I didn't see it the rest of the film.

I don't think Mark Wahlberg is that great of an actor, at all. I do like him, but he isn't anything special.

DubA169:
The stuff I left is all stuff I found after sifting and combing for a couple hours; the stuff I bought was stuff that just popped in front of me after like 5 minutes.

I didn't know the store was going out of business, and after getting a haircut, I only had a few minutes to get to the DMV. They told me about the going out of business sale during my haircut, so I just stopped in Borders real quick, like 5 minutes.

Went to the DMV, then back to Borders. Every time I found something... like The Godfather... I was like "Are you serious?!" So frustrated I didn't see it the first time around, because I don't have the money to buy the stuff I found when I returned. So that's why I hid stuff, and I'll see what's there Friday when I get paid.

DubA169:
The stuff I left is all stuff I found after sifting and combing for a couple hours; the stuff I bought was stuff that just popped in front of me after like 5 minutes.

I didn't know the store was going out of business, and after getting a haircut, I only had a few minutes to get to the DMV. They told me about the going out of business sale during my haircut, so I just stopped in Borders real quick, like 5 minutes.

Went to the DMV, then back to Borders. Every time I found something... like The Godfather... I was like "Are you serious?!" So frustrated I didn't see it the first time around, because I don't have the money to buy the stuff I found when I returned. So that's why I hid stuff, and I'll see what's there Friday when I get paid.

ska
laugh.gif

i remember hiding stuff as a kid.

i actually hit up borders too a couple weeks ago. fight club, avatar, last samurai, and wanted (guilty pleasure) for 42 bucks

ska
laugh.gif

i remember hiding stuff as a kid.

i actually hit up borders too a couple weeks ago. fight club, avatar, last samurai, and wanted (guilty pleasure) for 42 bucks

Ohh gotcha ska.

Finished game of thrones the other day. Awesome book. Made me start reading on the subway the whole time instead of listening to music. Really addicting series. Onage 60 of the second book. Interesting so far

Ohh gotcha ska.

Finished game of thrones the other day. Awesome book. Made me start reading on the subway the whole time instead of listening to music. Really addicting series. Onage 60 of the second book. Interesting so far

If anyone is interested, I have brand new sealed Blu-Ray's that I'm trying to get rid of for $100 shipped..
Crash

Sideways

Goodfellas

The Departed

V for Vendetta

Back to the Future Trilogy

Ultimate Matrix Collection

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

If anyone is interested, I have brand new sealed Blu-Ray's that I'm trying to get rid of for $100 shipped..
Crash

Sideways

Goodfellas

The Departed

V for Vendetta

Back to the Future Trilogy

Ultimate Matrix Collection

The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

^ I'm finishing up Game of Thrones now, got about 200 pages left.

I wish I was put on to the books earlier, maybe I would have been more prepared for what happened to Ned.
laugh.gif

tired.gif

Anyone read the newest book A Dance with Dragons yet?

Also watched Inception for the 1st time today.

It was a good movie, but not as great as it was hyped up to be IMO.

^ I'm finishing up Game of Thrones now, got about 200 pages left.

I wish I was put on to the books earlier, maybe I would have been more prepared for what happened to Ned.
laugh.gif

tired.gif

Anyone read the newest book A Dance with Dragons yet?

Also watched Inception for the 1st time today.

It was a good movie, but not as great as it was hyped up to be IMO.

Back
Top Bottom