Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The randoms popping in actually answering the thread title gets me every time. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

How did u feel about 2001. I was bugged out and confused the first time I saw it. But now there are many days I think it's the best movie ever made. I wrote 12 pages on it when I was in college but unfortunately my computer crashed a year after I got out.

As far as the visuals go, Kubrick was (like always) ahead of his time. The story was a little hard to grasp at first, I kept wondering how this all interconnected until the end, and overall I was very pleased with it. Not my favorite Kubrick movie (The Shining takes that with Clockwork and Strangelove tied in a close 2nd), but I liked it and I can see why many people consider one of the greatest movies and one Kubrick's best.

If I watch it again I'm sure I'll understand it more and enjoy it even more.

Eyes Wide Shut was crazy. I decided to watch it to see what was with all the illuminati symbolism people were carrying on about, but outside the orgy and it's attenders I didnt notice too much. Good movie, not sure why Kubrick called it his favorite work unless that was for marketing purposes, or if he meant it like "I exposed you !@+*+%# cultists lulz!" and then died for it. But good movie, one of my least favorite by Kubrick, though. Kidman
devil.gif

How did u feel about 2001. I was bugged out and confused the first time I saw it. But now there are many days I think it's the best movie ever made. I wrote 12 pages on it when I was in college but unfortunately my computer crashed a year after I got out.

As far as the visuals go, Kubrick was (like always) ahead of his time. The story was a little hard to grasp at first, I kept wondering how this all interconnected until the end, and overall I was very pleased with it. Not my favorite Kubrick movie (The Shining takes that with Clockwork and Strangelove tied in a close 2nd), but I liked it and I can see why many people consider one of the greatest movies and one Kubrick's best.

If I watch it again I'm sure I'll understand it more and enjoy it even more.

Eyes Wide Shut was crazy. I decided to watch it to see what was with all the illuminati symbolism people were carrying on about, but outside the orgy and it's attenders I didnt notice too much. Good movie, not sure why Kubrick called it his favorite work unless that was for marketing purposes, or if he meant it like "I exposed you !@+*+%# cultists lulz!" and then died for it. But good movie, one of my least favorite by Kubrick, though. Kidman
devil.gif

EWS is my least favorite kubrick movie i have seen. But it's funny that even his worst movie has depth and i would rewatch it

I don't think it was edgy enough. Part of that is prob the studio because I know the orgy was censored and cut short. It's the first kubrick movie to feel dated somehow.

Im gonna find you some sites and essays about 2001 because I found it very hard to fully understand. The more research I did the more I was impressed. The book has differences but it also helped me understand the story much better

EWS is my least favorite kubrick movie i have seen. But it's funny that even his worst movie has depth and i would rewatch it

I don't think it was edgy enough. Part of that is prob the studio because I know the orgy was censored and cut short. It's the first kubrick movie to feel dated somehow.

Im gonna find you some sites and essays about 2001 because I found it very hard to fully understand. The more research I did the more I was impressed. The book has differences but it also helped me understand the story much better

btw seeing 2001 on a big screen is a must. saw it in battery park on a giant screen and it made the experience much better than the first time i watche dit on my 20 inch television i had at the time

btw seeing 2001 on a big screen is a must. saw it in battery park on a giant screen and it made the experience much better than the first time i watche dit on my 20 inch television i had at the time

Please do
smokin.gif

And I think the version of EWS on Netflix is uncensored. I dont recall any CGI people blocking orgy shots, as IMDB said happened for the theatrical release. Or maybe it was and I just didnt notice because there was already a lot of #!*+$+! going on.

Please do
smokin.gif

And I think the version of EWS on Netflix is uncensored. I dont recall any CGI people blocking orgy shots, as IMDB said happened for the theatrical release. Or maybe it was and I just didnt notice because there was already a lot of #!*+$+! going on.

EWS is my favorite Kubrick film.

I'm not saying it's his best, but it's my favorite.

The whole movie is literally mesmerizing to me for some reason...

EWS is my favorite Kubrick film.

I'm not saying it's his best, but it's my favorite.

The whole movie is literally mesmerizing to me for some reason...

I have Clockwork Orange on my DVR, and vacation next week, to be perfectly honest, I'm a little afraid to watch it. 
laugh.gif
  I always hear all this weird random stuff about it, so I don't know if I'm going to understand it, or be scared, or grossed out, or lost, I have literally no idea what to expect.  Wish me luck. 

Also caught Butch Cassidy/Sundance Kid on DVR, need to get to that as well. 

As for Contagion, wife and I just happened to catch Outbreak the other night (coincidence?
nerd.gif
) and that movie was so good.  The cast, Spacey, Hoffman, Freeman, Sutherland, Russo, Cuba, Dempsey, I mean, come on.  So I really don't see the need for Contagion, it's the same damn movie and they pretendin like it's not.  Even went deep cast on us hopin that would help, but I haven't seen a single preview that didn't make me think Outbreak II was just filmed. 

Unstoppable. 
laugh.gif
  Yeah, it was decent, but it was Denzel, being Denzel, AGAIN.  The more time goes by, the more I see why he got the Oscar for Training Day.  He's Denzel in everything.  Remember the Titans.  Train movie, John Q (which I LOVE that flick) Out of Time, the other thriller he did, Pelham, everything, the last few years he's been the same guy.  Training Day and American Gangster the only roles where I thought he was at least acting like someone else, and even that is pushing it.  Come to think of it, I haven't heard of any new work he's been up too, I'ma go see what he's working on these days......

I have Clockwork Orange on my DVR, and vacation next week, to be perfectly honest, I'm a little afraid to watch it. 
laugh.gif
  I always hear all this weird random stuff about it, so I don't know if I'm going to understand it, or be scared, or grossed out, or lost, I have literally no idea what to expect.  Wish me luck. 

Also caught Butch Cassidy/Sundance Kid on DVR, need to get to that as well. 

As for Contagion, wife and I just happened to catch Outbreak the other night (coincidence?
nerd.gif
) and that movie was so good.  The cast, Spacey, Hoffman, Freeman, Sutherland, Russo, Cuba, Dempsey, I mean, come on.  So I really don't see the need for Contagion, it's the same damn movie and they pretendin like it's not.  Even went deep cast on us hopin that would help, but I haven't seen a single preview that didn't make me think Outbreak II was just filmed. 

Unstoppable. 
laugh.gif
  Yeah, it was decent, but it was Denzel, being Denzel, AGAIN.  The more time goes by, the more I see why he got the Oscar for Training Day.  He's Denzel in everything.  Remember the Titans.  Train movie, John Q (which I LOVE that flick) Out of Time, the other thriller he did, Pelham, everything, the last few years he's been the same guy.  Training Day and American Gangster the only roles where I thought he was at least acting like someone else, and even that is pushing it.  Come to think of it, I haven't heard of any new work he's been up too, I'ma go see what he's working on these days......

it looks like it's gonna be a hurricane

stocking up on some movies. just watched "the promotion" which I recorded yesterday. stifler, john c reily and pam from the office. it was okay. got better at the end

recorded i'm gonna git you sucka. have seen parts but not the whole thing. the Ghst writer is recording today also. Im a huge polanski fan so i hope its good

it looks like it's gonna be a hurricane

stocking up on some movies. just watched "the promotion" which I recorded yesterday. stifler, john c reily and pam from the office. it was okay. got better at the end

recorded i'm gonna git you sucka. have seen parts but not the whole thing. the Ghst writer is recording today also. Im a huge polanski fan so i hope its good

i just got 7 pounds in the mail from netflix...probably watch it tomorrow during the hurricane

i just got 7 pounds in the mail from netflix...probably watch it tomorrow during the hurricane

Back
Top Bottom