Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

spoiler those game of thrones reviews people...im on page 150 of that book
laugh.gif

trying to not pass where the show left off

laugh.gif

trying to not pass where the show left off

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

trying to pass where the show left off

laugh.gif

No spoilers needed.

The 1st book ends, where season one ended.

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

laugh.gif

trying to pass where the show left off

laugh.gif

No spoilers needed.

The 1st book ends, where season one ended.

damn that's a pretty great deal for one hundred bucks

It's funny but I've decided to buy as few blu rays as possible until like 7-10 years from now when I feel like they will be much cheaper and just splurge on a bunch at once. I'm assuming some new medium will come. went from tapes to dvd to laserdisk to blu ray. maybe 3d takes over next

damn that's a pretty great deal for one hundred bucks

It's funny but I've decided to buy as few blu rays as possible until like 7-10 years from now when I feel like they will be much cheaper and just splurge on a bunch at once. I'm assuming some new medium will come. went from tapes to dvd to laserdisk to blu ray. maybe 3d takes over next

Ugh I just finished the last Hunger Games book and now the Game of Thrones books are staring me in the face... Trying to decide whether I wanna read those now or Devil In The White City.

Ugh I just finished the last Hunger Games book and now the Game of Thrones books are staring me in the face... Trying to decide whether I wanna read those now or Devil In The White City.

I've spent somewhere between 6 and 7 thousand dollars on dvd's-blu-rays since 02, if something new comes out within 3-4 years, I'm punching somebody, a lot.
laugh.gif

I've spent somewhere between 6 and 7 thousand dollars on dvd's-blu-rays since 02, if something new comes out within 3-4 years, I'm punching somebody, a lot.
laugh.gif

I think the first two could translate well. They're entertaining because of the Tribute Games and I think there's a lot of potential there for the big screen... Would be better if they were Rated R, but they're not gonna do that...

The third, I just don't know. I thought it was a really anticlimactic ending to the series. They got away from the Games entirely and it just kinda flamed out for me.

I think the first two could translate well. They're entertaining because of the Tribute Games and I think there's a lot of potential there for the big screen... Would be better if they were Rated R, but they're not gonna do that...

The third, I just don't know. I thought it was a really anticlimactic ending to the series. They got away from the Games entirely and it just kinda flamed out for me.

I'm avoiding Blu-Rays. In a few years maybe, then I'll slowly start to replace my library once they're cheaper. I just don't have the money to buy a Blu-Ray, I really haven't bought too many DVDs the past few years either.

I'm with Dub... but the new medium will just be the removal of the physical disc... which is already here.

I'm avoiding Blu-Rays. In a few years maybe, then I'll slowly start to replace my library once they're cheaper. I just don't have the money to buy a Blu-Ray, I really haven't bought too many DVDs the past few years either.

I'm with Dub... but the new medium will just be the removal of the physical disc... which is already here.

man i dont even want to mention my collection considering what some of y'all got
laugh.gif

got a measely 60 or so DVDs and 30 or so blurays
roll.gif

man i dont even want to mention my collection considering what some of y'all got
laugh.gif

got a measely 60 or so DVDs and 30 or so blurays
roll.gif

There are lots of 5-10 dollar blu rays out there guys, and good ones. No reason you can stock up on those while you wait for the priceyier ones to drop.

There are lots of 5-10 dollar blu rays out there guys, and good ones. No reason you can stock up on those while you wait for the priceyier ones to drop.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Pretty much this. And BluRay players arent expensive. Hell, PS3's are like $250 now, and you can do a hell of a lot more than watch movies with it.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Pretty much this. And BluRay players arent expensive. Hell, PS3's are like $250 now, and you can do a hell of a lot more than watch movies with it.

Yeah I have a PS3 which makes it even easier (even though its broken at the moment)

And its also a matter for me that I don't really "need" Blu-Rays. I didn't have an HDTV until like 2008 so its not that big of a deal for me. I love the quality and its of course better than DVDs.. But ehh, a sharper picture or improved sound doesn't make the story or acting better, its not as if I'm disgusted when I watch a DVD at the quality. I'll eventually make the crossover

Yeah I have a PS3 which makes it even easier (even though its broken at the moment)

And its also a matter for me that I don't really "need" Blu-Rays. I didn't have an HDTV until like 2008 so its not that big of a deal for me. I love the quality and its of course better than DVDs.. But ehh, a sharper picture or improved sound doesn't make the story or acting better, its not as if I'm disgusted when I watch a DVD at the quality. I'll eventually make the crossover

I still have some VHS.

And I watch them.

That should tell you how much I care about making sure I stay up to date w/ the newest, most innovative technologies.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom