Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What u missed with the languange had nothing to do with british accent. Its an odd form of language involving russian and slang

Karova means cow in russian. The book is even more in depth with the made.up language.

Malcom is actually in entourage and a bunch orandom stuff that its hard to notice him in

Yes he was cured in the end and became the way he was before. The book has another chapter which kubrick took out orbs mvie in which alex simple and plain, grows out of his violentl mischievous ways. He sees the other droog and thy have a conversation

What u missed with the languange had nothing to do with british accent. Its an odd form of language involving russian and slang

Karova means cow in russian. The book is even more in depth with the made.up language.

Malcom is actually in entourage and a bunch orandom stuff that its hard to notice him in

Yes he was cured in the end and became the way he was before. The book has another chapter which kubrick took out orbs mvie in which alex simple and plain, grows out of his violentl mischievous ways. He sees the other droog and thy have a conversation

Was given copies of Bridesmaids, Pirates 4, Green Lantern, Columbiana, and Larry Crowne. My 2011 list gettin outrageous.
pimp.gif

Was given copies of Bridesmaids, Pirates 4, Green Lantern, Columbiana, and Larry Crowne. My 2011 list gettin outrageous.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DubA169

http://www.onlygoodmovies...logical-thriller-movies/

the psycological thriller is probably my favorite type of movie. Here is a list of supposedly great ones.

I'm surprised I've only seen 11 on that list since I've heard of almost all of them
30t6p3b.gif

And Superbad > Wedding Crashers. The only thing that WC wins at is the women. McAdams is one of my favorite actresses and that's the movie that turned me on to her. The **** drawing scene alone > Wedding Crashers.

And I'll say it again, Kubrick was the best at making timeless movies. I watched Full Metal Jacket again a couple nights ago, the quality of everything in that film, from picture to sound to editing, makes it seem like a release from a couple years ago at most.

Originally Posted by DubA169

http://www.onlygoodmovies...logical-thriller-movies/

the psycological thriller is probably my favorite type of movie. Here is a list of supposedly great ones.

I'm surprised I've only seen 11 on that list since I've heard of almost all of them
30t6p3b.gif

And Superbad > Wedding Crashers. The only thing that WC wins at is the women. McAdams is one of my favorite actresses and that's the movie that turned me on to her. The **** drawing scene alone > Wedding Crashers.

And I'll say it again, Kubrick was the best at making timeless movies. I watched Full Metal Jacket again a couple nights ago, the quality of everything in that film, from picture to sound to editing, makes it seem like a release from a couple years ago at most.

LOVED Bridesmaids.  I'll get into that a bit later, but first, ummm.......Rose Byrne, what the @#$% did they do to that girl in Troy?  She wasn't attractive AT ALL in that movie, I thought she was butt ugly honestly, and then I seen her in X-Men First Class and was confused as hell, and then I saw her last night, good Lord, she is stunning. 
embarassed.gif

Look, I'm not doin this again, I love Superbad, yes, the **** drawing scene was hysterical, it was great for the first 45 minutes or so, but then it got lost.  Once they were runnin around in the streets, and the cops had McLovin, it just got a little off track.  Still solid, sure, but not as great as the first 45 minutes. 

Crashers is start to finish.  Bradley Cooper, the son "I made you a painting, It's sexual and violent", the Girls of course, yes, Vince Vaughn as his absolute best.  The motorboat scene where Vince isn't even acting he's so brilliant "is she still in the house?" 
roll.gif
  Vince tied up in the bed as like 5 different people go thru his room during the night.  Their backup stories, their approaches, the rules, stage 5 clingers "I'm gonna go start the car" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  The movie was fantastic.  It did have a dip for like 5 minutes when they brought in Will, yes that got slightly off track for a sec, but they closed it strong.  Superbad didn't do that.  They just got more awkward at the end. To me, that's the difference.  Wedding Crashers >>>>> Superbad. 

LOVED Bridesmaids.  I'll get into that a bit later, but first, ummm.......Rose Byrne, what the @#$% did they do to that girl in Troy?  She wasn't attractive AT ALL in that movie, I thought she was butt ugly honestly, and then I seen her in X-Men First Class and was confused as hell, and then I saw her last night, good Lord, she is stunning. 
embarassed.gif

Look, I'm not doin this again, I love Superbad, yes, the **** drawing scene was hysterical, it was great for the first 45 minutes or so, but then it got lost.  Once they were runnin around in the streets, and the cops had McLovin, it just got a little off track.  Still solid, sure, but not as great as the first 45 minutes. 

Crashers is start to finish.  Bradley Cooper, the son "I made you a painting, It's sexual and violent", the Girls of course, yes, Vince Vaughn as his absolute best.  The motorboat scene where Vince isn't even acting he's so brilliant "is she still in the house?" 
roll.gif
  Vince tied up in the bed as like 5 different people go thru his room during the night.  Their backup stories, their approaches, the rules, stage 5 clingers "I'm gonna go start the car" 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  The movie was fantastic.  It did have a dip for like 5 minutes when they brought in Will, yes that got slightly off track for a sec, but they closed it strong.  Superbad didn't do that.  They just got more awkward at the end. To me, that's the difference.  Wedding Crashers >>>>> Superbad. 

Wedding Crashers is actually the one I feel gets off track towards the end 
laugh.gif
After they left the house it dipped imo.

laugh.gif

^ Ditto, Nos.

"You're the worst kind of autistic. You can't even count."

Whoever in here put me onto Bob's Burgers...thank you. I just started it and I'm dying.

Anybody seeing Warrior this weekend? Gonna try and catch it manana.

^ Ditto, Nos.

"You're the worst kind of autistic. You can't even count."

Whoever in here put me onto Bob's Burgers...thank you. I just started it and I'm dying.

Anybody seeing Warrior this weekend? Gonna try and catch it manana.

Originally Posted by Noskey

laugh.gif

Agree and I love both movies.  I've probably watched each one 8-10 times or so over the years.  I think the only scene in Superbad that I wasn't crazy about was when they finally got back to Evan's house toward the end and him and Seth crash out on the floor and have their "I love you, man" moment.  It was a little weird and akward.  Other than that, I laughed through the entire movie.

With Wedding Crashers, the whole Owen Wilson depression part, including the Chaz scenes, kind of dragged, IMO.   

Originally Posted by Noskey

laugh.gif

Agree and I love both movies.  I've probably watched each one 8-10 times or so over the years.  I think the only scene in Superbad that I wasn't crazy about was when they finally got back to Evan's house toward the end and him and Seth crash out on the floor and have their "I love you, man" moment.  It was a little weird and akward.  Other than that, I laughed through the entire movie.

With Wedding Crashers, the whole Owen Wilson depression part, including the Chaz scenes, kind of dragged, IMO.   

Originally Posted by lawdog1

I think the only scene in Superbad that I wasn't crazy about was when they finally got back to Evan's house toward the end and him and Seth crash out on the floor and have their "I love you, man" moment.  It was a little weird and akward.

I loved that part; one of my favorite parts from the film. "Boop, boop, boop." was too funny the first time I saw it
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by lawdog1

I think the only scene in Superbad that I wasn't crazy about was when they finally got back to Evan's house toward the end and him and Seth crash out on the floor and have their "I love you, man" moment.  It was a little weird and akward.

I loved that part; one of my favorite parts from the film. "Boop, boop, boop." was too funny the first time I saw it
laugh.gif

Wedding Crashers had tons of funny moments and is hilarious, but I think Superbad is the better film... as well as being hysterical in its own right. Wedding Crashers was a very funny standard comedy, Superbad was a great comedy but doubled as a good coming of age film which spoke to that generation.

And Mr.O, don't recall if it was me or not... but I have been recommending Bob's Burgers to people, glad you're a fan. It can be hit and miss, and it was obvious when the show was working out some kinks but I think its 2nd season will be very strong.

Wedding Crashers had tons of funny moments and is hilarious, but I think Superbad is the better film... as well as being hysterical in its own right. Wedding Crashers was a very funny standard comedy, Superbad was a great comedy but doubled as a good coming of age film which spoke to that generation.

And Mr.O, don't recall if it was me or not... but I have been recommending Bob's Burgers to people, glad you're a fan. It can be hit and miss, and it was obvious when the show was working out some kinks but I think its 2nd season will be very strong.

Superbad and Wedding Crashers are my top 2 comedy movies from the last few years.....idk which one I like better...it can vary based on how I'm feeling.

Superbad and Wedding Crashers are my top 2 comedy movies from the last few years.....idk which one I like better...it can vary based on how I'm feeling.

Back
Top Bottom