Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by CP1708

you need Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw, OG Nightmare/Elm, Halloween obviously, some say Evil Dead, but to me those are more comedyish. Poltergeist. Newer and you've probably seen, Scream, Stir of Echoes (thriller, not horror) Dawn of the Dead, either one, OG or remake works imo. The Shining, I should have mentioned that earlier. American Warewolf in London is a good one too.

Noskey wrote:
The Thing
[REC]
The Descent
28 Days Later + Weeks
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (comedy/horror. it's hilarious)
Martyrs
High Tension
Attack the Block

Anything Japanese.

Kevin Cleveland wrote:
28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later are the two horrors that always come to mind first. Love The Descent, too.

Pretty much everything George Romero has ever made
Trick 'r Treat
Ils ("Them" in French)
Eden Lake
The Paranormal Activity movies
The Mist
The Blair Witch Project
Zombieland (not really horror, but...)

I haven't seen a ton of these, but After Dark Horrorfest is a yearly indie horror festival where eight movies get distributed each year. Some have been bad, some have been good, but they at least always cover a huge spectrum of the genre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Dark_Horrorfest

There are so many admittedly average or worse, forgettable horrors I have seen that I enjoyed while I was watching them. I just love the genre.

Lake Dead --JPZ
Them, and Wolf Creek -- RyGuy
And of course, Triangle -- Kev

I know there is more.  Fright Night, the OG one, does that belong on a list like this?  I used to think that Child's Play was really good, but it doesn't hold up as well now that's I'm older.  But the first one was very solid, for being a dead doll. 
laugh.gif
  The Strangers.  More thriller type, did anyone like that?  I thought it was pretty good.  A newer one that I thought was decent was Devil.  Way better than I expected, not really scray tho.  Gotta be more that I am forgetting. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

you need Exorcist, Texas Chainsaw, OG Nightmare/Elm, Halloween obviously, some say Evil Dead, but to me those are more comedyish. Poltergeist. Newer and you've probably seen, Scream, Stir of Echoes (thriller, not horror) Dawn of the Dead, either one, OG or remake works imo. The Shining, I should have mentioned that earlier. American Warewolf in London is a good one too.

Noskey wrote:
The Thing
[REC]
The Descent
28 Days Later + Weeks
Tucker and Dale vs. Evil (comedy/horror. it's hilarious)
Martyrs
High Tension
Attack the Block

Anything Japanese.

Kevin Cleveland wrote:
28 Days Later and 28 Weeks Later are the two horrors that always come to mind first. Love The Descent, too.

Pretty much everything George Romero has ever made
Trick 'r Treat
Ils ("Them" in French)
Eden Lake
The Paranormal Activity movies
The Mist
The Blair Witch Project
Zombieland (not really horror, but...)

I haven't seen a ton of these, but After Dark Horrorfest is a yearly indie horror festival where eight movies get distributed each year. Some have been bad, some have been good, but they at least always cover a huge spectrum of the genre.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/After_Dark_Horrorfest

There are so many admittedly average or worse, forgettable horrors I have seen that I enjoyed while I was watching them. I just love the genre.

Lake Dead --JPZ
Them, and Wolf Creek -- RyGuy
And of course, Triangle -- Kev

I know there is more.  Fright Night, the OG one, does that belong on a list like this?  I used to think that Child's Play was really good, but it doesn't hold up as well now that's I'm older.  But the first one was very solid, for being a dead doll. 
laugh.gif
  The Strangers.  More thriller type, did anyone like that?  I thought it was pretty good.  A newer one that I thought was decent was Devil.  Way better than I expected, not really scray tho.  Gotta be more that I am forgetting. 

My biggest knock on the movie is the really forgettable and ignore-able title and that NT photoshop movie poster. Deep cover good flick.

laugh.gif

It's almost enough to turn you away, even if you might have been interested by the plot summary. Like, if this is the kind of effort they put in to the initial allure of the movie, will the rest of it be like this? Nope.
The Strangers. More thriller type, did anyone like that? I thought it was pretty good.
I thought about mentioning that and Funny Games. I love those home invasion horrors. Them is of that sort of premise, too. One of my favorites. I actually mentioned it in my list, too.

My biggest knock on the movie is the really forgettable and ignore-able title and that NT photoshop movie poster. Deep cover good flick.

laugh.gif

It's almost enough to turn you away, even if you might have been interested by the plot summary. Like, if this is the kind of effort they put in to the initial allure of the movie, will the rest of it be like this? Nope.
The Strangers. More thriller type, did anyone like that? I thought it was pretty good.
I thought about mentioning that and Funny Games. I love those home invasion horrors. Them is of that sort of premise, too. One of my favorites. I actually mentioned it in my list, too.

Watched Triangle Kev, talk about a mind ++%+.
laugh.gif

Had the Wee Bey face pretty much the entire movie.
laugh.gif

I enjoyed it though, definitely a change of pace movie.

Watched Triangle Kev, talk about a mind ++%+.
laugh.gif

Had the Wee Bey face pretty much the entire movie.
laugh.gif

I enjoyed it though, definitely a change of pace movie.

good looks CP... Lincoln Lawyer was awesome, tho.  i had already read the book.  i felt like that was finally a role Matt was meant to play.
laugh.gif

Triangle... kinda cool, but i had it figured out pretty quick, i think.

Spoiler [+]
how come no one really gave a *+$% that the one girl drowned... then they kept thinking she was on the cruise ship?
laugh.gif
  who didn't know that when she was running home, that she was gonna ring the doorbell and start over?  when she hit that bird with the car... who didn't know there would be a pile of birds when she tossed it?  i think i really had it figured out the minute the one chick saw the radio.

good looks CP... Lincoln Lawyer was awesome, tho.  i had already read the book.  i felt like that was finally a role Matt was meant to play.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
how come no one really gave a *+$% that the one girl drowned... then they kept thinking she was on the cruise ship?
laugh.gif
  who didn't know that when she was running home, that she was gonna ring the doorbell and start over?  when she hit that bird with the car... who didn't know there would be a pile of birds when she tossed it?  i think i really had it figured out the minute the one chick saw the radio.

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Spoiler [+]
I think all of those things were obvious, but what isn't is when exactly she was "the real Jess." There is a lot to consider, a lot to ignore, etc. I had my own theory, and then I got on IMDb and read a number of others that were very plausible. I have no idea what the right answer is (or if there is even suppose to be one), but I personally think it's a pretty genius movie. The ode to The Shining was a nice touch, too.
I guess Lindsay Lohan almost had the lead role.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by wildKYcat

Spoiler [+]
I think all of those things were obvious, but what isn't is when exactly she was "the real Jess." There is a lot to consider, a lot to ignore, etc. I had my own theory, and then I got on IMDb and read a number of others that were very plausible. I have no idea what the right answer is (or if there is even suppose to be one), but I personally think it's a pretty genius movie. The ode to The Shining was a nice touch, too.
I guess Lindsay Lohan almost had the lead role.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Lindsay. 

I was going to mention, Mellisa George has made herself a nice little career in this genre hasn't she?  Turistas, Amityville remake, Triangle, 30 days of Night, she seems to enjoy these roles.  I've liked her work for a long time since she was in Alias for a season or two. 

Just saw the Dexter season 6 preview in General.......
eek.gif
pimp.gif
  I wonder how long before they movie that up.  I wouldn't mind seein some Dexter movie and just have him unleash hell on some folks. 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
 Lindsay. 

I was going to mention, Mellisa George has made herself a nice little career in this genre hasn't she?  Turistas, Amityville remake, Triangle, 30 days of Night, she seems to enjoy these roles.  I've liked her work for a long time since she was in Alias for a season or two. 

Just saw the Dexter season 6 preview in General.......
eek.gif
pimp.gif
  I wonder how long before they movie that up.  I wouldn't mind seein some Dexter movie and just have him unleash hell on some folks. 
laugh.gif

Just watched Eden Lake and wow, that was one horrible movie that somehow manages to be excellent. The way everything unfolded is unbelievable, and I can't believe this film got made. Plus one to whoever originally recommended it.

Just watched Eden Lake and wow, that was one horrible movie that somehow manages to be excellent. The way everything unfolded is unbelievable, and I can't believe this film got made. Plus one to whoever originally recommended it.

Triangle was FANTASTIC.  I have ZERO idea what the hell happened and how it all came to be, but it was edge of your seat damn near the entire movie. 

I loved some of the imagery, starting with the wind dying on the sails, the "collection" of things on the ship in various forms.  (trying not to spoil)  the mask was a very nice tough as well. 

Melissa George was great in this film, especially given almost every single second has her in it.  I
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 like hell when I was diggin thru IMDB and saw the post where some asked if Melissa George EVER......closed her mouth. 
roll.gif

Someone want to look this up for me please?  The evolution of horror films, and girls in white tank tops, how'd that start?  Please, this is not a complaint or anything, far from it, but really, how'd that become the go to wardrobe choice for all horror flicks?  Do wife beaters have a merchandising deal with horror films?  Do they not sell bras on horror film sets?  Bless their little exposed hearts. 

I even liked what Triangle was inferring in terms of the location of the boat and what not.  The wind, the storm, etc etc.  Then they decide to just flip it and give the boat the name Triangle, nuh uh.  Nice touch. 
laugh.gif

Great find Kev. 

Triangle was FANTASTIC.  I have ZERO idea what the hell happened and how it all came to be, but it was edge of your seat damn near the entire movie. 

I loved some of the imagery, starting with the wind dying on the sails, the "collection" of things on the ship in various forms.  (trying not to spoil)  the mask was a very nice tough as well. 

Melissa George was great in this film, especially given almost every single second has her in it.  I
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 like hell when I was diggin thru IMDB and saw the post where some asked if Melissa George EVER......closed her mouth. 
roll.gif

Someone want to look this up for me please?  The evolution of horror films, and girls in white tank tops, how'd that start?  Please, this is not a complaint or anything, far from it, but really, how'd that become the go to wardrobe choice for all horror flicks?  Do wife beaters have a merchandising deal with horror films?  Do they not sell bras on horror film sets?  Bless their little exposed hearts. 

I even liked what Triangle was inferring in terms of the location of the boat and what not.  The wind, the storm, etc etc.  Then they decide to just flip it and give the boat the name Triangle, nuh uh.  Nice touch. 
laugh.gif

Great find Kev. 

Saw Triangle last night, on Kev's recommendation.

Excellent.

I wouldn't buy it, but I'll watch it again sometime in the next few weeks, just because it's that kind of movie.

Saw Triangle last night, on Kev's recommendation.

Excellent.

I wouldn't buy it, but I'll watch it again sometime in the next few weeks, just because it's that kind of movie.

Back
Top Bottom