Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

My dad also loves Mel Brooks movies.

Basically, when you see an “ok Boomer” meme, it’s directed at my dad. :lol:

When my dad was still here his favorite films were mobster movies and blaxploitation flicks. Watched some Pam Grier movies with him and that put me on the path to the type of women I would later date lol. Been a while since he passed but I think his favorite movie was The Untouchables ‘87.

My dad’s Top-5 movies (born in 1957):

1. Gladiator
2. The Great Escape
3. Tombstone
4. Jeremiah Johnson
5. Top Gun

6. Thomas Crown Affair (Pierce)
7. Dances With Wolves
8. Sons of Katie Elder
9. The Undefeated
10. The Longest Day
11. How The West Was Won
12. El Dorado
13. A Bridge Too Far

OG, in prep for new this week.

OG is ........what's the word.........bad.
I can see that. It’s weird for the sake of weird and definitely not for everyone.

I like it; don’t love it. As I’ve made clear, when I love something, I watch it over and over. Beetlejuice I’ve only seen maybe 3 times.

I can see that. It’s weird for the sake of weird and definitely not for everyone.

I like it; don’t love it. As I’ve made clear, when I love something, I watch it over and over. Beetlejuice I’ve only seen maybe 3 times.

It might be Burton. Cuz I didn't get Edward Scissorhands either.

The cast is A1. Keaton is funny, and Ryder is adorable, but......this is rough.

Wonder if the sequel improves it?

7. Dances With Wolves
8. Sons of Katie Elder
9. The Undefeated
10. The Longest Day
11. How The West Was Won
12. El Dorado
13. A Bridge Too Far
Maybe try Last of the Mohicans with him then? Western vibes, but with modern Michael Mann cinematography and score.

My favorite 10 movies:

Titanic
Inglorious Basterds
No Country For Old Men
Pulp Fiction
Anchorman
The Matrix
Remember The Titans
Saw
Gladiator
Dodgeball

It might be Burton. Cuz I didn't get Edward Scissorhands either.

The cast is A1. Keaton is funny, and Ryder is adorable, but......this is rough.

Wonder if the sequel improves it?
Yeah, I was going to ask how you feel about Burton movies (excluding the Bat Man ones).

I’d have low expectations for the Beetlejuice sequel if I was you. I think you’ll find it to be more of the same.

I don’t count myself as a big Burton fan. I like the idea of his movies more than I actually like them, with the exceptions being Pee-Wee’s Big Adventure (one of my top 10 ATFs) and Ed Wood, which is great.

7. Dances With Wolves
8. Sons of Katie Elder
9. The Undefeated
10. The Longest Day
11. How The West Was Won
12. El Dorado
13. A Bridge Too Far
Based off that list here’s what I recommend.

Unforgiven
Quick and the dead
Top Gun Maverick
Hacksaw Ridge
Lupin (Netflix show)

Never heard of Lonesome Dove but I’ll check that out. Deadwood was my go to western show.

Last edited:
Never heard of Lonesome Dove but I’ll check that out. Deadwood was go to western show.
Deadwood is amazing.

Lonesome Dove aired on network TV originally, so it’s very clean compared to deadwood.

But it’s got Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones in their bags each as old time Texas Rangers who are partners in a ranching business, but have very different personalities.

Prime Diane Lane as town hooker with a heart of gold.

Great supporting performance by Angelica Houston, Danny Glover, DB Sweeny, Chris Cooper, among others.

calibeebee calibeebee what am I missing with Beetlejuice?

Seems like everyone loves it, but uh.....whew.

I'm more astonished it got a PG rating than anything else. I'm pouring over IMDB searching for clues to what I don't get. I'm not finding anything helpful.

Wow that cast sounds amazing. Robert Duvall is one of my all time favs so I’m sold. And I’ll watch pretty much anything with Diane Lane. She’s been eye candy for me ever since I seen her in The Outsiders.

Wow that cast sounds amazing. Robert Duvall is one of my all time favs so I’m sold. And I’ll watch pretty much anything with Diane Lane. She’s been eye candy for me ever since I seen her in The Outsiders.
Very good chance you will like it then.

The TV series is based on a book, which is one of 4 books about the same characters, and they’re all great too if you’re into reading as well.

Back
Top Bottom