Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^^^ I'd say the Departed is my favorite of all of those, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

2 Broke Girls while having funny moments is the definition of trying too hard

The writing is far too clever to be believable, its trying to capture the twentysomething audience but it still sounds like its coming from what a 50 year old writer thinks young people are like. Not to mention it relies on a pretty generic supporting cast.. Asian owner, offensive and rude cook, the funny older black guy who is there for some reason..
Whitney Cummings wrote last night's episode (she also has her sitcom debut tomorrow night on NBC with Whitney which I'm looking forward to) and is a consultant to the show, but Idk how much of a role she plays. Regardless, though, I kinda agree with you and as a fan of Kat Denning, worry a bit about the show's longevity. 

Watched the bar scenes, didn't care for Zooey, felt her quirky attempts to be cute missed, ready to be mutilated by Kev.

I love Casey Affleck, JPZ, so my vote is Gone Baby Gone.

The writing is far too clever to be believable, its trying to capture the twentysomething audience but it still sounds like its coming from what a 50 year old writer thinks young people are like. Not to mention it relies on a pretty generic supporting cast.. Asian owner, offensive and rude cook, the funny older black guy who is there for some reason..
Whitney Cummings wrote last night's episode (she also has her sitcom debut tomorrow night on NBC with Whitney which I'm looking forward to) and is a consultant to the show, but Idk how much of a role she plays. Regardless, though, I kinda agree with you and as a fan of Kat Denning, worry a bit about the show's longevity. 

Watched the bar scenes, didn't care for Zooey, felt her quirky attempts to be cute missed, ready to be mutilated by Kev.

I think 2 Broke Girls has potential, the main characters are developed and the humor was funny so I think they can fine tune some other issues as it progresses.

New Girl was good... I am a fan of Zooey so even if it wasn't I'd still probably like it but I was pleased. I'm disappointed Damon Wayans Jr. won't be a part of it after the pilot, he was a strong character. It definitely was enough for me to come back and give it a chance with regular viewings.

JPZ, I say The Departed, but they're all good choices.

I think 2 Broke Girls has potential, the main characters are developed and the humor was funny so I think they can fine tune some other issues as it progresses.

New Girl was good... I am a fan of Zooey so even if it wasn't I'd still probably like it but I was pleased. I'm disappointed Damon Wayans Jr. won't be a part of it after the pilot, he was a strong character. It definitely was enough for me to come back and give it a chance with regular viewings.

JPZ, I say The Departed, but they're all good choices.

Popped in The Departed... told myself I would take the first recommendation
laugh.gif

I'll be back with my review afterwards.

Popped in The Departed... told myself I would take the first recommendation
laugh.gif

I'll be back with my review afterwards.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Funny.  I saw an extended "first look" at Whitney before a movie I saw recently and wasn't in to it at all.  I found her character to be way more obnoxious than funny.  What I've seen of Zooey appeals to me much more.  But reasonable minds can disagree, to each his own, etc.

Funny.  I saw an extended "first look" at Whitney before a movie I saw recently and wasn't in to it at all.  I found her character to be way more obnoxious than funny.  What I've seen of Zooey appeals to me much more.  But reasonable minds can disagree, to each his own, etc.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

I could see her coming off as a bit obnoxious but hopefully it's just in the sense that you have to get used to her and/or the show.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

I could see her coming off as a bit obnoxious but hopefully it's just in the sense that you have to get used to her and/or the show.

Charm? That chick is horrible and everything from those commercials reeks of mediocrity. 2 Broke Girls > New Girl
Yea...not much of a fan of hers...and 2 Broke Girls...Kat Dennings just can't deliver jokes. Whole thing felt like they were tryin too hard. And they hid them *******.
30t6p3b.gif

Happy Endings >>>both, easy.

I kinda liked the first ep of Whitney though, probably my fav. new comedy so far. Up All Night was good too imo. Better than Gob's last show.
sick.gif

edit: and One Flew Over the ****oo's Nest

Charm? That chick is horrible and everything from those commercials reeks of mediocrity. 2 Broke Girls > New Girl
Yea...not much of a fan of hers...and 2 Broke Girls...Kat Dennings just can't deliver jokes. Whole thing felt like they were tryin too hard. And they hid them *******.
30t6p3b.gif

Happy Endings >>>both, easy.

I kinda liked the first ep of Whitney though, probably my fav. new comedy so far. Up All Night was good too imo. Better than Gob's last show.
sick.gif

edit: and One Flew Over the ****oo's Nest

I wanted to check out Up All Night but forgot the name of the show and didn't feel like IMDB'ing Christina Applegate. I'll get around to it eventually. Need to check out Happy Endings as well.

And Blood Type, Idk if it's because she can't deliver jokes, or because of the dryness of her character. Definitely something we'll see more of with the next couple of episode. Them ******* being hidden was a damn travesty, though, you're 34525% right about that.

I wanted to check out Up All Night but forgot the name of the show and didn't feel like IMDB'ing Christina Applegate. I'll get around to it eventually. Need to check out Happy Endings as well.

And Blood Type, Idk if it's because she can't deliver jokes, or because of the dryness of her character. Definitely something we'll see more of with the next couple of episode. Them ******* being hidden was a damn travesty, though, you're 34525% right about that.

Up All Night was good...I really hope Maya Rudolph breaks out in the show. She killed it in MacGruber.
laugh.gif

And yeah, I'll keep checking in just to see if she gets it together...maybe it was just cleavage tricking me this whole time.
tired.gif

And Happy Endings...to me...is right there with Parks, Office and Modern Family...it ain't Community but that's it. That show kills me and came outta nowhere.

Up All Night was good...I really hope Maya Rudolph breaks out in the show. She killed it in MacGruber.
laugh.gif

And yeah, I'll keep checking in just to see if she gets it together...maybe it was just cleavage tricking me this whole time.
tired.gif

And Happy Endings...to me...is right there with Parks, Office and Modern Family...it ain't Community but that's it. That show kills me and came outta nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom